7.0 beta 3 "Illegal wares" in miners provoke global argon attack

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

7.0 beta 3 "Illegal wares" in miners provoke global argon attack

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 15:49

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9fq0ugum ... o8gwd&dl=0

I randomly saw a message for temporary lost rep with the Argon due to illegal wares while I was in Split territory. I later found an Argon police squadron attacking my miners in The Reach. None of them had any inventory, never had any, never collected any, never flown by me. One of my Drills fled, returned, and presumably its turrets attacked the hostile Argon police that were sitting at my station waiting for my Magnetar to undock and resume attacking it, and that caused another temporary rep loss for "Unauthorized attack" which triggered all Argon to attack my assets in other sectors. My actual rep is still +28 but pretty much every Argon ship is now hostile. Nothing like this happened in 6.2 in hundreds of hours of game play.

Since I saved to bring a save file here I now can't load an earlier save since the button to load game was removed (why??) so my save is pretty much ruined.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Re: 7.0 beta 3 "Illegal wares" in miners provoke global argon attack

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 16:10

Found the hidden load game button...
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

Monstrosity
x4

Post by Monstrosity » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 17:37

What likely happened, and what has happened to me:

One of your ships picked up cargo from a station that was being hacked or had illegal cargo found. This triggered the argon to become hostile and they will attack everything of yours. After about 15-20 mins they will forgive you and all will go back to normal.

I can’t verify exactly for you, but you should be able to find something in log file about it.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Wed, 1. May 24, 00:05

I don't have a good save but this has happened to me several times. I'll get a notification that Argon or Terran found illegal wares, and then all of the sudden I get a flood of notifications of my trading ships being destroyed. NExt thing I know there is a blob of red on the map and they are attacking everything in sight, including my stations in the area.

This has also happened to me when using EMP bombs and if I got caught, it caused the same sort of issue. Only thing was this wasn't consistent, sometimes it didn't happen. and I have smugglers that get caught often and it doesnt trigger the whole sector most of the time. So I just dont know what causes it, if I can get a save that reproduces it every time I will definitely upload it, but so far reloading a save before it happened prevents it from happening.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 1. May 24, 14:13

I've seen similar issues in 6.2 from terran cops. My working theory is that the ships have been defending themselves in some way, which starts a fail cascade. Friendly fire and/or a dropped laser tower aggros cops and they come and intermittently releive me of a few hundered mill in large miners + cargo and then have a pop at a station. Likewise well over +25 with terran protectorate when thiese issues were witnessed. Maybe the station resisted arrest and fell down some stairs? Very annoying. Could be, i guess, the miner ran over some unstable crystals or spacefly eggs and dropped them later than OOS cops want them dropped? That would explain not seeing any pilot inventory as it gets eaten by patrols.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 1. May 24, 15:59

YorrickVander wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 14:13
I've seen similar issues in 6.2 from terran cops. My working theory is that the ships have been defending themselves in some way, which starts a fail cascade. Friendly fire and/or a dropped laser tower aggros cops and they come and intermittently releive me of a few hundered mill in large miners + cargo and then have a pop at a station. Likewise well over +25 with terran protectorate when thiese issues were witnessed. Maybe the station resisted arrest and fell down some stairs? Very annoying. Could be, i guess, the miner ran over some unstable crystals or spacefly eggs and dropped them later than OOS cops want them dropped? That would explain not seeing any pilot inventory as it gets eaten by patrols.
If OP got a message for illegal wares it was more likely some police ships scanned a ship of theirs that did contain something banned. They remain hostile for a while after this, so when later they encountered the miners they attacked. The miners then probably defend themselves and on it goes. Defence against attackers that are neutral to the police can cause it too but I don't think you'd see that specific message if that was the trigger.

A ship that flees a scan can also cause this, even if it has nothing illegal, but I don't recall if you get that message or not.
***modified***

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 5. May 24, 01:37

I reloaded an earlier save and it never happened again. Checked all my ship's inventories - nothing at all, legal or otherwise. I have no idea why something of mine got flagged for illegal wares, I'm inclined to call it a bug, but the cascade failure was certainly brutal, and over the top.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Tue, 7. May 24, 00:03

Something like that happened to me with the Argons too. For some reason they completely shot down one of my station+ships. I'm not sure, but my miners had orders to flee from the battle and set up a laser turret. I noticed that this was turning into small incidents all over the map and in some cases it almost became a major fire. But I'm not sure how, I only noticed the problems when it was almost over. I stopped using the command and also removed the laser towers on the entire map, and it's been quiet since then.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Wed, 8. May 24, 01:46

Is it possible that the ship being scanned entered the highway during the process? I had this happen one time in Argon Prime. I got the illegal wares message and the argon ships turned hostile. I think that the ship being scanned had entered the highway when the scan was initiating. When my ship fled the system the game counted it as a failed inspection. I have never been able to reproduce the situation so I may be wrong.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 12. May 24, 13:36

It just happened again. Same station in The Reach, though the police squadron didnt seem to be attacking any miners this time, just the station.

I have zero idea why it happened and there seems to be no way to stop it cascading so I just alt-F4'd and undid 2 hours of gameplay. :(
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 12. May 24, 18:34

On reloading I found it was a Magnetar that triggered it. One rewarded from an Argon guild mission with pre-installed mods.
Definitely 100% did not have any illegal wares.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

EliteMikko
x4

Post by EliteMikko » Mon, 13. May 24, 14:15

I'm having this with paranid. I've taken off all picked up items from ship, told them not to trade with spaceweed manually and still get that aggression. Dunno if it's back to scanning my station which produces weed. I think this was solved earlier, but I'm getting this like hourly lately. Much saving & reloading due to this.
Why, oh god why?
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

EliteMikko
x4

Post by EliteMikko » Mon, 13. May 24, 15:20

Actually it occured to me if they scan those cargo drones carrying stuff to ships. I removed sell order and paused production to see if it helps
Why, oh god why?
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

rbayer

Post by rbayer » Mon, 13. May 24, 21:06

This just happened to me in Asteroid Belt with one of my miners. First time I have experienced this bug in 500 hours gameplay. Not sure if its because of 7.0 beta, or because its the first time I'm playing Terran. Or if it was just random chance it happened now.

I was in The Void when I suddenly got a message that said something like "Terran Police Kukri temporary rep loss -57, illegal items found, current rep: -30". I was confused and paused the game, and found police attacking one of my miners in the Asteroid Belt. This save is only a few seconds after I got the message. It was a Bolo set on repeat orders mining in Asteroid Belt and selling in Mars. It looked like it was in middle of mining when it got attacked by police. All ships were set to comply with police scans. The only illegal cargo was on my personal inventory and a loot collector in Hatikvah's Choice.

My last save before that was 40 minutes prior. I tried reloading that save and let the game run unattended for an hour, but wasn't able to reproduce the attack.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I13PLW ... sp=sharing

devilcokk
x4

Post by devilcokk » Tue, 14. May 24, 08:41

it does feel the police scan is more frequent than before and if you use mods that collects drops, it could easily trigger them

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”