[7.0b3]Hatikvah plot stuck - elevator wont go to SCA rep's office

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

rbayer

[7.0b3]Hatikvah plot stuck - elevator wont go to SCA rep's office

Post by rbayer » Wed, 1. May 24, 03:03

I'm stuck on Hatikvah plot where I need to meet Dal on the SCA station to talk to the representative. The adventure line leads me to this elevator, but the office isn't available in the menu. Seems like it should be there highlighted in orange.

hatikvah-stuck-elevator.jpg

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mM9-gm ... sp=sharing

thedavid
x4

Re: [7.0b3]Hatikvah plot stuck - elevator wont go to SCA rep's office

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 06:03

If you are at the part where you are supposed to give some Loadstone to the SCA lieutenant then you don't take the elevator. Walk down the ramp from the three S dock pads to the 1 M dock pad. If you don't see Dal and that woman who was on his ship then take the travelator (moving walkway) to the other side and look for him. If you still don't see him, it might be that you don't have Loadstone in your inventory.

To clarify, you meet Dal outside just loitering by the M dock pad. You do not go to an office. Once you approach you'll trigger a cut scene.

rbayer

Post by rbayer » Wed, 1. May 24, 09:10

Thanks, that's what it was. The first time I did this quest, it sent me to a different station in Morning Star, and it either had one dock, or Dal was already on the same dock. This station has two docks, and after searching the first I went to the other one, and found Dal and a crewwoman standing there. There was no indication I should go to the second dock, so it was very confusing.

I think the guidance needs to be able to highlight other docks in the elevator menu, in case there are multiple docks.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 13:37

Yeah, I know what you mean. I run into that sometimes with stations having multiple docks. I'm not sure if this is something on the dev's radar to fix or not but it would be nice.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 13:38

Maybe you should repost this with the title "BUG: Guidance fails when station has more than one dock". Maybe then the devs will treat it like a bug report and see about reproducing it.

rbayer

Post by rbayer » Thu, 9. May 24, 22:43

I saw beta 5 added a fix for Dal becoming unreachable in the Hatikvah plot, so I tried my test case, but its still bugged. It looks like the beta 5 fix was for this other issue: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=456976

In their case Dal's ship got put into storage and was unreachable. But that got me wondering.

Dal just appears on the SCA station, while leaving his ship at Hatikvah. Maybe the bug is that his ship is suppose to move to the SCA station? Without his ship on the other dock as a "point of interest", the only way to get to Dal is through the trader's corner, which is weird and non-intuitive. Maybe the quest guidance doesn't know how to deal with Dal being on the other platform because its trying to highlight a ship that isn't there.

Kind of hesitant to repost this just to change the title... maybe a mod could re-title it if they think its necessary?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”