Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 18:18

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 07:00
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 6. Feb 22, 21:02
I tried it, I was able to enable the script editor with "thereshallbewings" but couldn't get it to open despite pressing the 'o' key that it was mapped to.
I went with the version for AP of the 'All-seeing-Eyes'. Extracted the files to ...addon2\scripts; started the ScriptEditer with 'Thereshallbewings' and activated the script with [r] in the SE (no Hotkey). According to what I read recently a Hotkey has to be registered for a script in the game - either via a seperate script when needed or on loading a save - that step may be missing if you activate the SE midgame... (just guessing).

Regarding Valhalla: I have seen the Vahlhalla in my games only grouped with 4 Skirnirs. In my former main game I had to do away with a Tyr blocking that place in such a group (so the Val could and did spawn there). Later in that game I had at least 2 such groups of 1xVal+4xSkirnirs (at Day 20 or so). Your day-count is probably higher than my, so it may be caused by my aggression against ATF (and TER?).
I'd forgotten the name was case sensitive, it's just getting the script editor to open. In the controls menu it's mapped to the 'o' key but nothing happens when I press it.

Assuming the "flying" section under Pilot Status is the day count, mine stands at 13-00:44. If I can get the script editor to open I'll see if a Valhalla has appeared, and if that one Tyr is the only M2 the ATF has active, which would be at odds with the description stating the ATF has a considerable number of them.

EDIT: found the SE under "global commands". Number of Valhallas found? Zero. :lol:

DanKara
x4

Re: Should I have any preference about which faction's station blueprints I should acquire?

Post by DanKara » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 18:51

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 18:18
EDIT: found the SE under "global commands".
Usually I start the SE from the ship command console [Shift+c] then {s}. Didn't know the access through Sidebar\Advanced\Global Command... still learning. :mrgreen:

Yes that 'flying time' is an indicator of how old your game is.
Happy hunting on the Tyr or Val or both...

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 19:40

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 18:51
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 18:18
EDIT: found the SE under "global commands".
Usually I start the SE from the ship command console [Shift+c] then {s}. Didn't know the access through Sidebar\Advanced\Global Command... still learning. :mrgreen:

Yes that 'flying time' is an indicator of how old your game is.
Happy hunting on the Tyr or Val or both...
If I can get increase my standing with the Terrans enough I can buy the Tyr, though that means having to lower my Split & Pirates rep, so before I do that I'm getting and reverse-engineering as many of their ships as I can get, starting with the ones with the highest requirements. Turns out the Aran is the perfect ship to bring them straight to the HQ! :D And I should obtain the PBE and ISR factory plans while I can. Hostile Paranid have kindly brought an Agamemnon to the party. I've already REd the design and I'm halfway through one, not sure what I could do with a second. PSG-armed ships are as dangerous to each other as they are to other friendly ships. Once it is ready I'll see how effective those Tri-beam cannons are that it's capable of mounting, or due to their volume have to choose between them and IBLs for those two turrets that can mount both.

EDIT 1: Make that two Agamemnon, I had no sooner captured the first than a second one appeared. It too became part of my fleet. I just have to make repairs now! :D Despite boarding two of them in a row, it still wasn't enough to get any of the 11 to 100 combat.

EDIT 2: Boarded another Boreas for reverse engineering. That was enough to get some marines up to 100. My barracks has been upgraded to XXL so all the marines that finish training now have to focus on mechanical. I've halted production of new marines for the moment, it was getting tedious having to have a ship docked at the barracks to collect the marines before sending them for training.

I might try triggering a Xenon invasion or two, see if I can get that Tyr killed without getting my hands dirty! :lol:

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Thu, 10. Feb 22, 22:08

how can I tell a TS to just move wares from the complex producing them to the HQ? There are commands to deliver or fetch wares, but they work only for one resource at a time, it seems to me. I have a complex producing for the HQ, I don't want to use 7-8 ships just to move some wares

also, why anytime I try to use the station manager I cannot restrict my ships from buying more shields and drones?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 10. Feb 22, 23:55

for moving multiple wares between your stations, you can use the Trade Distribution Run command.

this allows a single ship to move multiple goods between multiple stations.

if you dont want the station manager to upgrade the ships, you can either disabled upgrades, or in the Station Manager Restriction menu select which upgrades to allow

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 07:47

A problem with the Trade Distribution command is that the Unload and Stock command are relative to the cargo bay size of the ship running the command, not the bay size of the destination of the goods. You can't do the equivalent of "see that the destination has 5000 units of this cargo" when the ship can only carry 1000 units of that cargo. Not an issue for Unload, but it means you can't control the goods quantity at the HQ using this command. Not at the levels needed to build anything bigger than an M6.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 15:43

While not exactly cost-effective I set the HQ to buy materials at max price, with the max quantity being the cost of the largest thing I produce, rounded up to the nearest 1,000. I tend to have one high-capacity TS ferry goods from the complex to the HQ, the supply of microchips is the bottleneck despite 2 XXL factories making them. Because that complex also produces hammers and flails the ship is also ferrying those to the HQ as my Aquilo is based there, though I use it so seldom there's no danger of running short. I'm in the process of acquiring Terran blueprints, I just have to juggle my race standings if I want to buy the really good stuff.

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 21:31

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 10. Feb 22, 23:55
if you dont want the station manager to upgrade the ships, you can either disabled upgrades, or in the Station Manager Restriction menu select which upgrades to allow
it doesn't let me. I can't stop it from allowing shields and drones

btw, I don't understand the difference between load and fill in the trade run command panel. and what's "wait"? with wait yes, my ships goes back and forth with no ware, with no wait, sometimes it loads something, sometimes it doesn't (there are always wares ready to be loaded)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 00:34

I just want to make a quick suggestion. I park a transport at the factories where i produce things that I need personally. Like Microchips. I set the transport to "buy ware", repeat indefinitely: yes, and have it wait till full: yes. I never use a ship homebased to my PHQ so it uses my account instead of the PHQ's. Then I send another transport to transfer the wares to every so often. This keeps the factory with enough credits to buy what it needs, plus it gives the excess back to me via the transfer option.

I keep numerous Athena Armoured Transports (Thank You Duke!! :twisted: ) to perform this. I think I have like 8 Ozias full at the moment? :gruebel:

Anyway I do this also at several missile factories to keep my supply up. I tried this with my Rastar Refinery Complex once as well, helped me get something built without the AI scooping the supply up on me.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 07:45

Andrea92 wrote:
Fri, 11. Feb 22, 21:31

btw, I don't understand the difference between load and fill in the trade run command panel. and what's "wait"?
You mean the Trade Distribution Command, right? The difference between the two can be illustrated by an example of a ship that has some of the goods already onboard when you run the command.

Say, the TS already has 500 Ecells onboard.
Let's see what happens when you issue the commands involving 1000 ECells.

If you use the Load command, Load 1000 ECells. The TS would take 1000 ECells and there'd be 1500 ECells onboard.

If you use the Fill command, Fill 1000 ECells. The TS would take just 500 ECells so that there would be just 1000 ECells onboard.

Fill is when you're concerned about the quantity onboard the ship running the command. Load is when you aren't.

When it comes to the Wait option, one thing to remember is that the Fill command disregards the Wait option. It makes one attempt to execute the order (take as much as available to fulfil the order) then goes on to the next location on its list, regardless of whether you set Wait to Yes or No.
You must use the Load command to get the ship to actually stay around for the full amount of the order to be loaded onboard.

Since ships can have multiple Load and Fill orders per location, each with different Wait options, this can result in confusing effects with the Wait option, but you can see it clearly with only one order at the location.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”