Complex answers?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

johneh77
xr

Complex answers?

Post by johneh77 » Tue, 4. May 21, 00:52

Funnily enough I got inspired to play AP the last couple weeks and finally finished all the plots which I don't think I ever did before. Love this game and am looking forward to the new release!

The most irritating thing to me in X3 AP and older X games (I started in X2) was how hard it was to manage stations and later build complexes very frustrating.

Will the new station building thing be able to build a nice neat looking complex for me? Will we have optional larger docks for them? (TLs)

What else is new with factories and complexes besides the upgrades I saw in the video?

Also hoping for easier to understand and use interfaces with factories headquarters etc...

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Re: Complex answers?

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Tue, 4. May 21, 02:51

johneh77 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 00:52
Will the new station building thing be able to build a nice neat looking complex for me?
You can already make neat complexes by having an Advanced Satellite in the sector you're building in and using the 3D view it enables.
Demonstrated by CdrDave here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyH83nK6dM

If you're willing to use mods, do a Ctrl+F search for 'complex' in this thread and you can find some neat complex building scripts: viewtopic.php?t=216690
Generally, scripts made for TC will work in AP, so they presumably also will in FL, so long as they are simple ones that don't add things like new factions or objects in specific parts of the map.

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Tue, 4. May 21, 05:36

Can't use that functionality on a laptop it takes a number pad. Yes I could get a keyboard for my laptop but I guarantee I wont be doing that with every station in a 100 station complex. That is precisely what always frustrated me to the point of quitting before.

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Tue, 4. May 21, 06:24

Regarding the laptop restriction, most (Windows) laptops have an Fn key near the left Ctrl and Alt, which you can hold to operate numberpad-equivalent keys, usually marked with blue characters in their top-right corners.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 4. May 21, 09:57

There is both a complex planer and a construction service, for those that rather have their complex built by NPCs.

MFG

Ketraar

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 4. May 21, 10:44

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 09:57
There is both a complex planer and a construction service, for those that rather have their complex built by NPCs.

MFG

Ketraar
Does that mean we no longer need to haul CCKs around?

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Tue, 4. May 21, 15:45

Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
Great news! Thank you!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. May 21, 15:50

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 10:44
Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
For the Construction Server, you dont even need to haul stations.
but for building complexes manually, you dont need as many CCK as they can connect more than 2 stations at a time

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:54

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 15:50
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 10:44
Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
For the Construction Server, you dont even need to haul stations.
but for building complexes manually, you dont need as many CCK as they can connect more than 2 stations at a time
Excellent. Was hoping it wasn't just a polished Hephaestus.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”