"Drop station" command not working

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Kalah

"Drop station" command not working

Post by Kalah » Sun, 30. May 21, 23:06

I just came across a problem when trying to build my first complex: in my Ozias, the "drop station..." command is greyed out. I'm in the sector, the Ozias has a complex construction kit and a station upgrade kit onboard, and yet, unloading (trying to connect two stations already in the sector) seems impossible. The "collect deployed item" command is working, though.

So far, I have been able to place many stations using hired TLs. This is the first time in the game I'm trying to use my own TL, though, and it isn't working. I'm playing X3FL standard, no other mods or anything. Couldn't find any other forum thread mentioning it, so I hope someone here can help me with this ...

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Re: "Drop station" command not working

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 30. May 21, 23:16

You need to buy Build Command Software mk 1 from NMMC HQ to place complex parts.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sun, 30. May 21, 23:21

What software do you have on your TL?
In FL you need station building software for some functions of the TLs.

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Sun, 30. May 21, 23:35

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 23:16
You need to buy Build Command Software mk 1 from NMMC HQ to place complex parts.
That fixed it. Thanks. :)

iparkan44
x3ap

Post by iparkan44 » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 14:52

Kalah wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 23:35
That fixed it. Thanks. :)
Can u tell what u did? I bought Build MK1 and Build MK2, but Drop station still not work. I click my TL, special commands, Drop Station, Move station pic to Navigational Beacon and try press Enter, but do nothing, just red contour around station icon on map.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 17:33

iparkan44 wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 14:52
just red contour around station icon on map.
red means your station collides with something, other station, asteroid, or maybe your or someone's else ship. Moving it a bit should help

iparkan44
x3ap

Post by iparkan44 » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 17:45

Wou wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 17:33
red means your station collides with something, other station, asteroid, or maybe your or someone's else ship. Moving it a bit should help
Of course collided with Navigational beacon, which was place by NPC, whom gives to me this mission. I try to build on this beacon, but i can't. When i played x3 AP, new station was succesfully built and beacon was destroed. If i try build near this beacon mission does not end.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 18:48

iparkan44 wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 17:45
I try to build on this beacon, but i can't. When i played x3 AP, new station was succesfully built and beacon was destroed. If i try build near this beacon mission does not end.
This feature is new to FL and saves you from accidentally building a factory which is colliding with something else. I've completed quite a few of these build-station missions. Perhaps you are placing it too far away from the nav-beacon. I just tap one of the directional arrows on the num-pad (8,6,2, or 4) until the station is just barely beside the beacon and turns green. The mission has completed successfully each time for me.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”