[X2] I can't get the lasers to work...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DoctorGalifrean

[X2] I can't get the lasers to work...

Post by DoctorGalifrean » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 19:14

Hello!
I have a problem with X2. I have a Mercury and a Vulture but I can't get the lasers to work... I have the right type of lasers, but when i press the ctrl or lmb, nothing happens.
I also don't know how to use the mineral scanner.
Please help!
Thanks in advance.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 7. Oct 12, 19:34

This seems to be a general gameplay question rather than one for the S&M forum. General gameplay questions should always be asked in the X-Universe forum.

*moved*

Both, the Mercury and the Vulture only have a rear turret. You will have to switch to the turret (using the F1 key) in order to be able to fire. As for the Mineral scanner, when it's installed in your ship and you target an asteroid in range (less than 20 km) and press "i", information about the mineral and the yield of that asteroid are displayed.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DoctorGalifrean

Post by DoctorGalifrean » Mon, 8. Oct 12, 13:11

Thanks for your help
and sorry for not posting in the right place!

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Mon, 8. Oct 12, 19:10

Adding the fight Mk1 and Mk2 will help too. The ships will then give targeting help when you're shooting manually and enable automated targeting + firing for ship you're not personally flying, or with the ship you're flying but not taking manual control of the turret(s).

..that's some sentance ;)

More or less with 'fight command software' you get:

Mk1 = help for targeting, basic turrent options and autopilot combat (autopilot combat not good for player flown ship)

Mk2 = some additional, useful turret control options

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”