NEWS: Update 1.2.1 hotfix now available for X³: Terran Conflict

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spds31apocalypse
x4

Post by spds31apocalypse » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 14:04

yea im very dissapointed

so i did my own update, everything seems fine.. Ill be able to play more later, got things to do today..
S31-Apocalypse
You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
"Regis Mark V"
As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
"Apoc"
Science wont destroy us, The followers of GOD abuses of it will.
"Apoc"
www.s31clan.com

Nova Scotia
x3tc

Post by Nova Scotia » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 15:59

pr0nflakes wrote:
dragonsblade71uk wrote:Is this supposed to allow access to jumpgates in the terran sectors?

Dont think so...
I updated my Box version last night and checked for that its just for the gateless systems so you dont have to co thru the Shft+C for jump command i think.

Personally i would love a fix to the jump menu that stops it selecting Jupiter when i hit Shift+J. It hella annoying when you trying to jump uot of a laggy battle ad cant get it to sit on the sector your in.
Hope I am not breaking any rules ,well to much :)
I dont have TC ,no access to high speed for Steam download ,maybe thats good,still hoping for a box version.
I have Reunion 2.5 with xtm 0.7.5 and I also have the jump menu to Jupiter problem,so it would seem to me that it is a carry over problem maybe ?

Karlfrans
x3tc

Post by Karlfrans » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 16:11

Hmm.. I used the download where Tycow had extracted the .cat files, and it definitely increases my fps to a level that's playable, but it's still not near the fps I have when I start a game.. Will there still be a performance decrease if I start a new game? And will my saves be 100% fixed at some point ?

homerdog
x3tc

Post by homerdog » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 16:13

Nova Scotia wrote:
pr0nflakes wrote:
dragonsblade71uk wrote:Is this supposed to allow access to jumpgates in the terran sectors?

Dont think so...
I updated my Box version last night and checked for that its just for the gateless systems so you dont have to co thru the Shft+C for jump command i think.

Personally i would love a fix to the jump menu that stops it selecting Jupiter when i hit Shift+J. It hella annoying when you trying to jump uot of a laggy battle ad cant get it to sit on the sector your in.
Hope I am not breaking any rules ,well to much :)
I dont have TC ,no access to high speed for Steam download ,maybe thats good,still hoping for a box version.
I have Reunion 2.5 with xtm 0.7.5 and I also have the jump menu to Jupiter problem,so it would seem to me that it is a carry over problem maybe ?
Lol! It selects Jupiter because you're pressing "J". Remap the jump key to something that's not a letter of the alphabet.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 16:20

Karlfrans wrote:Hmm.. I used the download where Tycow had extracted the .cat files, and it definitely increases my fps to a level that's playable, but it's still not near the fps I have when I start a game.. Will there still be a performance decrease if I start a new game? And will my saves be 100% fixed at some point ?
There will always be some performance decrease as the GOD module populates the X-Universe with Ai traders and combat ships. Whether it will be as much, or whether it would be better to hang in hoping for a further performance patch is incalculable - the only way to find out is to try.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

bounty_hunter66
x4

1.2.1 patch question

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 22:54

I have Steam version of the game and it didnt update to 1.2.1 So my questions are...

1) Will it ever get patched?
2) Does the manual patch on steam version has the same performance effect as it should be?
3) Is it safe to manual patch it into steam version?

Rumillion
x4

Post by Rumillion » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 23:33

I see it this way:

whats the worse that can happen if I patch my steam game manually ?

I'll have to download the whole thing again if it breaks when the patch is released on steam.

acceptable risk imho, so I patched it.

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 23:40

It only modifies one file, x3files.xml ...Make a backup of that and if steam gives you trouble, delete the two 05.* files and replace x3files.xml with the backup.

What sucks is that, in the future with new launchers and a new .exe, this probably wont work anymore, and we are subject to Steam's patches or no patch whether you like it or not.

Mubata
x3tc

Post by Mubata » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:44

Chroniss wrote:It only modifies one file, x3files.xml ...Make a backup of that and if steam gives you trouble, delete the two 05.* files and replace x3files.xml with the backup.
Not entirely true, it modifies five files and adds three. I checked it out closely and it modifies four of the files in your 't' folder, changing the versioning information for the launcher, and also modifies one of the script package files in the 'mov' folder as well (I forget which one of the two it was though). It adds the 05.cat, 05.dat, and replaces the x3files.xml. Something to keep in mind that there may be savegame compatibility issues down the road with further patching if unexpected modifications have been made to those files that the patcher isn't expecting. So to really be on the safe side, back up all of the pck files in the 't' and 'mov' folders, the x3files.xml, and your saves prior to the hotfix.

Regards,

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:59

Hmmm. I've been waiting on Steam also and manually applied the patch yesterday. The game does seem to be a little smoother in some places, but back to being choppy when I'm in a battle. I wonder if those files in the T folder are what's the culprit.

Question:
If I applied the patch manually (thank you for getting that sorted for us), then load up steam and then the game, should it now say version 1.2.1 or will it still say 1.2? Just wondering as mine still says 1.2, but the updated files have been extracted into the game folder, and are sitting there with the other CAT files.
I sure do like biscuits

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:29

The launch screen might still say 1.2, but if the game was updated correctly then the in-game main menu will show 1.21 at the bottom-right of the screen.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

wolfsbane27
x3

Steam version question

Post by wolfsbane27 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 02:06

Has steam been given the 1.21 patch for TC? I have yet to download the newest patch via Steam. My current version reads 1.2

Mubata
x3tc

Post by Mubata » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 02:16

The files modified in the 't' folder that get modified are strictly for the launcher, which is why if those don't get patched the launcher still says 1.2, there are four files for each of the released languages. All that is patched in those files is a version change. The 05.cat/dat files cause the change in version the client reports. So while effectively the manual patching may work with this hotfix, it could introduce savegame or future patcher issues when the patcher/client is expecting certain things to be present or absent in those files. Just be ready to revert to old save games when 1.3 comes out. :wink:

Regards,

Gryphen76

Post by Gryphen76 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 03:03

Well, I got sick of waiting on Steam to update their side, so I figured I'd give it a try myself, even though the DL page on Egosoft's website says this patch is NOT compatible with the Steam version.

So I downloaded the patch, ran it, and pointed it to the steamapps directory, and checked the X3 Launch Screen, and whadaya know, it says 1.2.1. So I'm gonna go try it out, but it looks like it actually is compatible with the Steam version.

Edit: Ok, I've tried it out, and it works just fine. So if you're using the :evil: Steam :evil: version, just download the patch from Ego's website, run it, and point it to the program files\steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\ folder. You probably should back stuff up before running it though, just to be safe ;)
Last edited by Gryphen76 on Sun, 2. Nov 08, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

Karlfrans
x3tc

Post by Karlfrans » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 03:04

softweir wrote:
Karlfrans wrote:Hmm.. I used the download where Tycow had extracted the .cat files, and it definitely increases my fps to a level that's playable, but it's still not near the fps I have when I start a game.. Will there still be a performance decrease if I start a new game? And will my saves be 100% fixed at some point ?
There will always be some performance decrease as the GOD module populates the X-Universe with Ai traders and combat ships. Whether it will be as much, or whether it would be better to hang in hoping for a further performance patch is incalculable - the only way to find out is to try.
Eh, unless the GOD module has been completely changed since X3:R, then I shouldn't experince a decrease of this kind!
At a new start (in Uranus) I'm at 60-70 FPS.
Before the patch, in my save game (in Uranus too), I'm at 10-12.
Ater the patch, in my save game (also Uranus), I'm at 20-30.

My fps shouldn't become lower than half of before after some time, if it's even remotely the same as X3:R !

It's not that I don't appreciate the patch, my game is playable now, but there's still room for much improvement.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 03:20

No actually if worse comes to worse... Then you will be updating the game manually everytime like all the others with DVD.

All steam seems to do is Download the same game thats on the same dvd, to a different folder then the DVD game would. Because you can use the regular patch on the Steam install and it works.

Shut off the Auto Updates to steam, and update the game manually from now on if you have too...

Steam stinks. And I wish I never bought the game from them.

Jimby
x3

Post by Jimby » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 04:20

Hmm, the hotfix doesn't fix plot problems. Guess I will be waiting for the 1.3 patch. Don't want to mess up my steam install with the manual patch since I can only install it 5 times. :roll:

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 08:13

But you can verify files as much as you want.

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 15:08

Is this kind of delay normal with steam? First time I've ever bought from them, partly as a trial run, and this is not really encouraging me to buy from them again.

Duncans_pumpkin
x3tc

Post by Duncans_pumpkin » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 15:21

yes this is an abnormal delay. Probably because it was released so quickly i expect usually the devs hold onto the file till steam is ready as well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”