X³ Canada watch here!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 02:34

BEWARE OF DEFECTIVE CD'S !!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I got my preorder from Ebay today and took it home. Started to install it and guess what happens? Yup, a cyclic redundancy error from CD2. I checked the Tech forum (although I can't post there, even though I had a technical issue, how f*cking stupid is that?) and it seems a LOT of people are having this issue, either with CD2 or some other CD. Looks like we are getting screwed again.

BEWARE THE DEFECTIVE CD'S!!!

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 02:39

ROFL ENLIGHT BOTCHED THE RELEASE!!!!

All the copies that my local EB had had a defective 2nd CD.

I just said screw it and bought NFS:Most Wanted Black Edition. I'll pickup X3 used in a few months when I can get the DVD copy for $15. I'm sick of this crap, but it's just funny at this point. I hope Egosoft learns their lesson and NEVER uses Enlight again. A group of moderately trained monkeys could do a release better than them.

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 02:52

wow. never heard of screwed up cds on a release...

Krytoss
x3

Post by Krytoss » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 03:12

1 copy per store? defective cds?

i'm about |---| close to just saying **** it

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 03:18

Krytoss wrote:1 copy per store? defective cds?

i'm about |---| close to just saying **** it
Dooo iiiiit. It's SO much less stressful.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 03:26

Got my pre-order copy from the ebgames store in Kamloops BC today. :D

They only got 1 (mine hahaha). Said peeps had shown up for it all day and were pissed to find out that they only recieved 1 copy and it was a pre-order.. Then I walked in.. smiling.. said, "Wheres my pre-order of X3" LoL

Some peeps shot me dirty looks.. hahaha :D

Done installing.. but can't play time kids are in bed :(

30 more minutes :D

yipppppeeee!!! (Still going to boot it up and check out the perdy graphics (after I am done downloading the two patches and registered it :D)).

Oh.. and only 2-4 more days for my DvD Copy to show up from Egosoft :D.. FINALLY!!! I got X3..

oh ya!! baby... oh ya!!!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 03:47

Well, at least your freakin copy worked.

Count yourself VERY lucky!
------------------------------
[ external image ]

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 03:53

i still cant over 1 copy per store....

The JEVIL One
x2

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by The JEVIL One » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 04:20

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

All right this is pissing me off I finally my pre-ordered copy from eb to top it off we had the first snow fall of the year and I had to drive an hour through it to get the game and then an hour back I start the install and CD 2 give me an error message “Error 1305.error program files/.../soundtrack/08106.mp3 is missing or corrupt” to quote the ******* message.

I don’t care how just FIX IT and never work with Enlight again.

And wile I’m here for next the game you make I would like to point out most gamer’s would rather have the release of a game pushed back if it means the game will be relatively bug free, take a queue from the guys who made “Doom 3" and just say it’s will be ready when it ready. People will still complain but at least it will be over a greater length of time.

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 04:28

Well Jevil One it happened to a lot of people. You are not alone. The kicker is that this game was (and is) so poorly distributed that good luck getting a replacement anytime soon!

I was able to get my money back from EBGames, thank god, but they have no idea when they will get another copy in. Considering some EBGames stores only got 1 copy the future does not look good.

Once I get my copy I hope Enlight loses a buttload of money. Some companies only learn lessons when their bottom line is affected. It's sad that customer service is pushed aside for the almighty dollar, but that is the way of modern capatilism.

Hopefully Enlight does not do a release fiasco like this again and I hope Egosoft never uses Enlight as Publisher ever again. After I get X³ I am making a point to never buy an Enlight game ever again. Thats the best way to teach any company a lesson. Cause them financial hardship, then they learn.
------------------------------
[ external image ]

Fugazi
x3

Post by Fugazi » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 04:45

Well at this rate I think I may give up. There are plenty of other things competing for my money and I think Enlight has screwed this up royally. I could order the DVD from Egosoft but I cannot justify paying $100 CDN for a game. I haven't paid that much since Tie Fighter (which was worth it by the way!)
Read. Understand. Post.
Pick any 2.

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:18

Well, my copy installed. Now I lock up about every 30 minutes or so.

<sigh>

Perhaps it was never meant to be...

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:20

Oh, ya. My Sidewinder FF2 (old, I know) doesn't autocenter. I've seen the posts in the tech forum and I'm using the work around.

Why oh why do we suffer so, simply for entertainment???

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:26

She is pretty though...

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:37

hey ottawax... which ebgames did you get yours?

how many copies did they get... are they getting more tomorrow?

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:53

Finally picked it up at Merival. Orleans only received 1 (pre-order), Innes received none, Rideau had not unpacked yet, and a nice girl on Merival fixed me up.

Excuse the grammar and spelling. Took tomorrow off (can you guess why) and I've had couple of beerz...

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:54

Sorry, didn't completely answer your question.

Merival - 1
Orleans - 1
Innes - 0
Rideau - ?

There are a couple other Eb in the area I didn't call though.

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:56

theres an eb at merivale mall?

the ones I know of in that area are the one at carlingwood and bayshore... which ill be hitting tomorrow... and then kanata...

anav
x3

Post by anav » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 05:59

I noticed 2 of you guys were in saskatoon. Which EB did you guys find your broken copies at? I pre-ordered and was informed it was still not in.

-g

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:02

It's not really in the mall, south a little on the east side of of Merivale. It's a newer store.

On another note...why God does this game crash every 30 minutes!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”