X³ Canada watch here!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:08

sweet.. thats another ebgames in the area im driving home in... merivale,carlingwood,bayshore,Kanata.....

haha

is it past the bestbuy and futureshop mall....

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:12

I've never seen such an unstable game.

My specs:
AMD 2400+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
1GB RAM
Effectively unlimited HD space

No hot rod but not a Ford Pinto either...

==Random crashes every 5-30 minutes

Brutal.

I can't believe I'm going to rebuild my primary games machine for one specific game...

Koryon
x3tc

Post by Koryon » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:15

boutinp wrote:Congrats to those of you who've managed to get their grabby little paws on a copy. I hat...er...envy you all.

Even if they offer a french version of this game, you wouldn't catch me dead buying it, even less playing it. A lifetime of reading and watching everything in english makes everything more familiar in said language, but UK-english, gimme a scott as an engineer, or an Irish ship-builder, you know what I'm talking about.

Have the captain speak like Earl Hickey and I'm not sure about the immersion factor...

PB
*Imagines the ENLIGHT buddys saying this to us as they hand over non-working copies*

"Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

VVV

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:28

Yes sir. Right next to it.

PainhammeR
x3tc

Post by PainhammeR » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 07:14

noticed 2 of you guys were in saskatoon. Which EB did you guys find your broken copies at? I pre-ordered and was informed it was still not in.
Anav, I pre-ordered and picked mine up at the Centre Mall, but they are out now. Not sure about the other location. Is it in the Midtown?

Anyway, your best bet is to just wait and pray. I'll check tomorrow, but considering what has been happening so far, we are in for a long wait until they appear in town. Even then, they might work, or they might not.

The worst case scenario is that EBGames gets so many defective ones back they drop the game altogether.

Let us know if they have them, and which store.

P.S. I checked Walfart, Staples, and Futureshop and nothing in all of em. If only we could order it online without paying through the pipe.
------------------------------
[ external image ]

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 07:17

Too many crashes...must sleep.

<sad>

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 07:23

Well as you can see by my blue tick.. I have my copy registered :D

I had no problems installing the game from the cds. Mind you all my software is legit (not saying yours isn't) but I think the anti-pirate software kills some peoples shiat.

Anyhow, I downloaded the 1.2 patch and then the add on patch (installed one, then the other)!

I have had NO lock ups or bad frame rates yet.

All details cranked.
1280x1024
Full antialising
Highest graphic settings.
I must be getting around 60 fps.

My specs are

amx 64 3200+
BFG 6800 GT
1.5 gigs pc3200 ram

Played the game for almost 3.5 hours now.. I can't get enough of it. It took me 1.5 hours roughly to learn the controls and new menu system (its different from the old X2 but it is BY FAR WAY BETTER).

Expect a full review from me tomorrow :D

w00t w00t!!!

Love you Egosoft, the game rips a patch!!!

PS: I like the no-cockpit BUT I still think it would be better with it :D (at least the option to turn it on/off).
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Duplexion
x3

Post by Duplexion » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 08:36

One copy per store?? A guy with no arms and a rickety cd-rw could burn more games than this crappy publisher. ...or wait maybe that is their entire Canadian production line :lol:

I may just have to actually order the dvd version, not sure I want to fork out the $100 Cdn though.

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 09:06

anav wrote:I noticed 2 of you guys were in saskatoon. Which EB did you guys find your broken copies at? I pre-ordered and was informed it was still not in.

-g
The one I went to was at the Centre on Circle and 8th.

Whatever, it's clear that Enlight wants nothing to do with my money.

X_30002000
x4

Post by X_30002000 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 14:12

I decided to buy it in UK after reading about all that crap with shipping 1 item in a store, defective CDs, no time frame when X3 will be available, ...
Payed 20.49 pounds including S&H.
Canada custom never works fast, takes more then a week to process an item, so I'll have to wait at least 2 weeks, but this is better than this idiotic situation with CD version. Personally I prefer DVD anyway.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 14:25

X_30002000 wrote:I decided to buy it in UK after reading about all that crap with shipping 1 item in a store, defective CDs, no time frame when X3 will be available, ...
Payed 20.49 pounds including S&H.
Canada custom never works fast, takes more then a week to process an item, so I'll have to wait at least 2 weeks, but this is better than this idiotic situation with CD version. Personally I prefer DVD anyway.
Same here, but i ordered mine 12 days ago now, i'm praying it actually shows up tommorrow as it is my only day off this week. Cost me 66 Canadian for the full DVD package (shirt and Noveletta).

OttawaXPilot
x3

Post by OttawaXPilot » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 15:08

Trying a clean windows install to see if that prevents the lockups.

Pray for me.

:o

Chuck99
x3

Post by Chuck99 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 17:06

For those of you who got the game, did the cd's come in a cd case or just in cd bags? Because when I opened mine and out came 6 cd's, each with its on bag, I was like wth people still sell software using cd bags??? Especially when there's 6 cd's

MillerTime
x3

Post by MillerTime » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 17:09

OttawaXPilot wrote:Trying a clean windows install to see if that prevents the lockups. Pray for me.
Dude did it lockup after you applied the 1.2.01 patch ?

As for my review it's short. I installed the game with the patch right away, rebooted twice and noticed that the boot was slower, when booting I now get a black screen for about 3-4 seconds which I didn't have before only way this can happen is because of starforce.

I have mixed reviews about the game though, everything said on this board is true, it's good and bad. Call me crazy but I don't like the stations, you can hardly see them unless you are up close, and the transports well are basically dots on the screen now. Unless you have them on cam you wouldn't knwo what they are. I did like the way they did the ship though.

The controls are ok, you need getting used to. I just played about 2 hrs. and it didn't give me the same jolt as previous x's did. However I will give it a serious try.

As for EB stores getting only 1 copy that's is the most insane thing I have ever seen from a publisher. That's like the globeandmail putting 1 paper in the box and then complaining that the subscription is down. Like I said before how did the Eggheads and Englight ever come togerther I'll never know.
Antec 3700-QBE - True-Blue 480 Watt - K8V Deluxe - AMD 3200+ - 1G Kingston HyperX PC3500 - X800XL 256 AGP - 480 Gig Barracuda's - Plextor PX-708A - LG GCE-8320B - HP P1110 Trinitron FD - Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - Megaworks 550's.

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 18:36

woot got my copy today... last one at eb... iasked the guy and he said they basically only sent him enough copies for pre orders...

my packaging is all messed up... must have been the one dedicated for throwing around...

uh world of warcraft came in sleeves as well... so its not just x3

Fretty
x3

Post by Fretty » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 18:45

OttawaXPilot wrote:Trying a clean windows install to see if that prevents the lockups.

Pray for me.

:o
Try turning off any anti-virus software before launching the game. That should help tremendously.

Fretty
Your head, my lap...'nuff said.

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 19:01

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! my cd2 is screwed....

wth am I supposed to do now?

exchange is for another crappy cd2.... not like there are any copies to exchange for..... BAH lame just lame...

Fugazi
x3

Post by Fugazi » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 19:04

Well Amazon.ca has updated my delivery date to the end of November so I think I will wait until that arrives. Hopefully the 1.3 patch will be ready then.
Read. Understand. Post.
Pick any 2.

geestring

Post by geestring » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 19:08

which amazon.ca i've been searchoing that site and its non existing...

well they're just going to send you a fux0red one...

Chuck99
x3

Post by Chuck99 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 19:12

geestring wrote:woot got my copy today... last one at eb... iasked the guy and he said they basically only sent him enough copies for pre orders...

my packaging is all messed up... must have been the one dedicated for throwing around...

uh world of warcraft came in sleeves as well... so its not just x3
But it doesn't have 6 cd's does it?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”