NEWS: Update 1.2.1 hotfix now available for X³: Terran Conflict

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

googlemeier
x3tc

Post by googlemeier » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 21:48

Ah, at least here someone is allowed to talk...the parallel German Topic has been locked due to aggravated calls for a patch.
This is real X-Tension, it seems.

dinac29
x3

Post by dinac29 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 21:59

So, are there a lot of requests on the German forums for the same information?

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:06

Probably the same answers there as here ..... Soon ®

dinac29
x3

Post by dinac29 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:07

Not really asking for a date as much as making sure the performance issues after loging days worth of play time are being looked into since the 1.2.1 hotfix didn't exactly fix them 100%.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:38

googlemeier wrote:Ah, at least here someone is allowed to talk...the parallel German Topic has been locked due to aggravated calls for a patch.
This is real X-Tension, it seems.
Talk, just don't get aggravated. And don't discuss the actions of the moderators (even of the German forum), 'cos that's against the rules too.

Here are two things I can tell you about the patch:

It will be available...
...when it's ready, being any more specific would very likely mean the on-time vs complete and tested trade-off. There are many threads on that debate.

It will contain...
...lots of things people want, but not everything. Stating what will and will not be in the next patch creates hostages to fortune: what happens if one thing just won't work? Do you release without that or hold up everything until it's ready? Either way people will be unhappy.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

dinac29
x3

Post by dinac29 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:41

Completely understand. I deal with project planning on a regular basis. Usually try to differentiate between goals and deliverables 8)

Right now I can't even feel confident that Egosoft knows there is still a performance issue.

Thanks,

Dinac

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 23:08

And how do you feel when a customer tries to tell you the same thing twice through two different channels?

By all means post a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] in your other thread, but please don't continue this here.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

dinac29
x3

Post by dinac29 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 23:10

Actually, I get pretty annoyed.

My appologies.

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 23:52

Since the patch hasn't appeared in the download area, I don't believe I am supposed to say much if anything ( Due to the NDA )...but...I can say that people shouldn't be disappointed in the patch once its released proper.

Lots of fixes, a few bugs sprayed and dead, all and all...a proper patch
:cool:

Cheers

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”