NEWS: Egosoft announces X³: Reunion, under development

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:05

I always knew this would happen. It was getting so much bigger everytime i read something that it was the only choice was to convert the expansion into a full on game release.

I am happy and sad in a way though. As it is my birthday next week and it would have been cool to have the expansion come soon after it like in april or may. But I am happy that its not going to be years in development like x2 was (or has it been in development (x3) for years without us knowing. :)

Whatever the case maybe i am happy that x3 is happening and now with there not being any save game compatability issues happening x3 can do alot of what x2 tr could not. I must say as well i like that planet screenshot, or is it a sun? As it looks uber cool. :)

Also perhaps in x3 that we can get menus onto cockpit monitors now if possible or perhaps make the monitor zoom up to the player somehow and also the cockpits have a unique style of per ship used now. As before they were basically same as 1 per class.

Roll on x3 with all this content we are promised. Roll on better times. Roll on smoother fps (hopefully) :)

Im just woundering what IGN and TVG will say as i think they payed for exclusives and dev diarys and the like, but as x2 : Tr has been canned will it change to x3 and get dev diarys for that or have to bid again for exclusives?

Edit -

Also u know the planet/suin image posted at the begining of this thread well i have a sneaking suspision that the thing going around is a new form of a solor power plant. A new way to get solor power cells. If im right that is going to be uber cool but think how big it has to be to go all the way around the sun/planet thing there lol. Cost will be enormus.
Last edited by Skeeter on Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:07

Cool. But a little XI mission patch wouldn't go amiss, especially as we know it has been fixed in development for ages.

Cheers,

Rob.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:11

Deano_TIK wrote:i guess the plus side to this is that when X3 is released (can..someone flash me the release date?, if there is one? if it risks getting flamed forget it) i'll actually start on the same grounds with you all-from the beginning.

i joined here, as you can see, in janruary (this year) so i was a bit late to the game, which kinda sucks as ive actually just started getting an empire going, so, i dunno, it just seems pointless to carry on.

*laughs at people bragging thier ranks in thier signatures* teehee, you'll lose that when X3 is out! (if you buy it that is)

edit:

well...worth a try:

please dont make it too complicated or too easy :P
When Ego say Q3 2005 that on history probably translates to Q2 2006 :wink: So you've plenty of time to enjoy X2 still and anticipate what sounds like what we've been waiting for since XT - a big leap forward in gameplay as well as graphics. I'm hoping for a vastly improved flight engine and combat experience.

I think this is great news. :D

Sagan
x4

Post by Sagan » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:15

All in all, GOOD NEWS! :)

I hope they finally get to add some life (apart from the player) to the X-Universe, plenty of surprises to discover, and they at last make good use of those beautiful looking planets.

<kneels down to pray> :P
I'd much rather regret the things I've done, than regret those I haven't.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:23

Can I make a VERY SIMPLE SUGGESTION? The options screen.

It did the job in X-BTF just. It was comical in X-Tension. But for a game of X2's scope, the same option screen looking like an after thought written by a work experience student in Visual C++ was totaly inadiquate. If this is the same options screen for X3, well then you guys need help ;) The way the heyboard is redefined is awkward at best. Unweildy and almost unsuable at worst. Can we please be allowed to remap any keys we want this time around? Is it really that hard to do? It makes things so much easier for your humble customers, especially when using Joy2key since MS stopped supporting the Sidewinders on XP.

Good luck with X3, hope it's as good as X-BTF and X2.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:24

This is all good. I'm still only halfway through the plot anyway! because I wanted to do other things with my game I hasten to add, not because of the plot's complexity :lol:

This news also gives me the motivation to get a better job so that I can buy a pc that'll actually run X3 as mine struggles a bit already with X2.

As for starting again. I've had to start from scratch with every new X game and what's the fun of starting with a giant fleet anyway? :D
Bowak
1 TL, 1M6, 3M3s + others The UNCC

Atrium
x3

Post by Atrium » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:26

Looks great. Some people will need a new video card. :(
Will there be a 1.5 patch to fix the khaak and xi bugs ?.

When I had a k about three games ago I don't remember having any problems with it. That last part must have sounded really dumb. :oops: :shock:
Last edited by Atrium on Fri, 18. Mar 05, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. Apparently it's something I'm good at...
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:27

:o

Totally unexpected, but a great move.

You guys know what you're doing I give you that. :)
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Pandion
x3tc

Post by Pandion » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:30

:( But :D

Tare69
x3

Post by Tare69 » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:32

I hope that X3 can use two prosessors and two cores of prosessor and SLI and ...
ASRock 939DualSata2+AM2CPU, X2 4800+, 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz, ATI X850XT 256MB, 2.6TB HD, DVD LG 4162 SM, SB Live Value, Hitachi CM769ET 20", Cyborg Evo, Logitech G15, XP Home+SP3 = X2 Res:1024x768*32/BM=On/RS=ON framerate: 66.857 fps

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:34

Tare69 wrote:I hope that X3 can use two prosessors and two cores of prosessor and SLI and ...
I hope so too. Is it possible it wont with the duel processor thing?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Deepstar
x2

Post by Deepstar » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:41

I don't know if i'm glad or i'm sad..

X² was dissapointing me.. it was worse against X-Tension because X² haven't a so much dynamic universe and Missions like Perseus are don't exist and the Story was bad.

I'm glad so in X³ it's possible that there come a real X-Tension successor.
Also it's possible that X³ have more Modding catabilities for Total Conversations.

But i'm sad, that i must wait longer and have a X² without a complete Story.
Also in X² were a few bugs left, like Xenon Invasions aso.
And again it's possible that X² was shifted to a later date.. so it's possible that i must choice in summer 2006 between Elite 4 and X³.. a difficult choice because i love Elite 2 more than X-Tension.. but i love the X-Universe more than the Elite Universe.
Wer nicht vergessen kann, der wird vergessen.

06.11.2002 - 27.05.2011

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:41

To those saying that there must be loads of time to work on an X2 1.5 patch now this has been announced--do you seriously think that Egosoft has two entirely separate teams of developers, and the ones who were working on X2: TR are now twiddling their thumbs? Not even CLOSE to true. To get X3 out it will be all hands to the pumps--coding, testing, and optimising another patch for X2: TT would just delay the release of the new game. Especially if such a patch involved major changes to the graphics engine, which some people seem to be asking for...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:43

Deepstar wrote: And again it's possible that X² was shifted to a later date.. so it's possible that i must choice in summer 2006 between Elite 4 and X³.. a difficult choice because i love Elite 2 more than X-Tension.. but i love the X-Universe more than the Elite Universe.
Assuming Elite 4 comes out in 2006. They were originally promising it for 2003, as I recall!

Johnn
x3

Post by Johnn » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:50

:( Dam and too think I started a brand new game of X2 without any unsigned scripts so as to get into X2TR without that stupid Modified tag.
I was realy looking forward to the expantion which would have been out soon.(I hoped :) )
Oh well I think I will give up on X2 TT for the time being and just wait for X3..

PS I hope that you will still leave the option in for the origonal keys and stuff as I have got too stuck in my ways with XBTF X-Tension and X2 to think about having to learn a new set of keys all over again.
I know that some people are asking for the option to set the keys how they like but dont forget about others people like me who may have gotting too used to the way the keys are to have to change all over again.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:55

pjknibbs wrote:
Deepstar wrote: And again it's possible that X² was shifted to a later date.. so it's possible that i must choice in summer 2006 between Elite 4 and X³.. a difficult choice because i love Elite 2 more than X-Tension.. but i love the X-Universe more than the Elite Universe.
Assuming Elite 4 comes out in 2006. They were originally promising it for 2003, as I recall!
I thoguht it was 2002... Braben and his team have only just started working on E4 again after a 2-3 year gap... 2007 if we're lucky...
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 11:58

pjknibbs wrote:To those saying that there must be loads of time to work on an X2 1.5 patch now this has been announced--do you seriously think that Egosoft has two entirely separate teams of developers, and the ones who were working on X2: TR are now twiddling their thumbs? Not even CLOSE to true. To get X3 out it will be all hands to the pumps--coding, testing, and optimising another patch for X2: TT would just delay the release of the new game. Especially if such a patch involved major changes to the graphics engine, which some people seem to be asking for...
Well not a patch as such. There are one or two niggles - XI missions for one - that have been mentioned as minor errors and have already been corrected in code. Of course there won't be a full on 1.5 patch, we all appreciate this, but if there was any way of getting these minor fixes to us, perhaps in the form of an unsupported 'hotfix' I'm sure that would be very much appreciated. There are a lot of people here who are still keen on X2 and who are still wanting to play the current version until X3 hits the shelves.

Cheers,

Rob.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 12:00

Sectors will look significantly different from what you are used to. More details about this shortly.
That's a little worrying.... are we talking changes akin to XT -> X², or are you gonna go put Kingdom End south of Argon Prime? (It's possible... the ancients may have reconfigured the gates!)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 12:18

Perhaps a 3d ggalaxy map or something.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 18. Mar 05, 13:03

While I'm sure its the right thing to do, I was really looking forward to The Return. Guess we wait a little longer and get something a lot better.

That said I feel I have to add my voice to asking for a fix for the XI missions. Not a full blown patch with lots of issues resolved but just a fix for this problem. Its been known about for a long time and I'm sure the exact cause of this is well know to the developers. I have never taken a XI mission as I dont want to negate all the hard work I've put in so far.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”