Really bad luck or bugged?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Exekutor
x2

Really bad luck or bugged?

Post by Exekutor » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 11:25

My main source of income is capping, I hadnt much trouble until now capping pirates. But the last two or three hours (ingame) of playing there bailed exactly ONE ship (xenon M). I killed more than 100 ships (mostly xenons from BBS-Mission, Ls and Ms, some pirate and killmission M3s), and only one little M bailed. Im using a Mamba Raider with B-PAC and IRE and had now trouble until now. You can cap ships (M5-M3) spawned from the BBS-Missions, right? Am I cursed or whats going on? Im really getting desperate :(
Ich bin nicht nur gekommen um dich zu sehen.
Ich hatte etwas Radikaleres im Sinn.
Kill a man and you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a hero. Kill them all and you're a conqueror.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 11:31

you cant cap the ships from Assassination missions, dont know about the xenon invasion ones thou.

but u could also be unlucky, after all, it is random so theres a chance the random isn't going ur way :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 11:40

Cycrow is right, capturing is all random.

Capturing the marksman of assassination missions is not possible. To capture his bodyguards was already difficult in X2 and that has not changed with X3.

Xenon ships are all capturable up to M3. Only the Xenon K from Taxi missions can be captured if your combat rank is high enough.

Cheers Euclid

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 11:44

Xenon from XI mission do not bail.

Exekutor
x2

Post by Exekutor » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 11:44

Thanks for the info :) And what about the M6s from Killmissions? (or dont they exist anymore?)
So I should be able to cap em, these xenon buggers are really hard to cap ... are they easier to cap with IDs (that would be logical)? In X2 I almost only capped Xenons, but know it seems extremely difficult.
Ich bin nicht nur gekommen um dich zu sehen.
Ich hatte etwas Radikaleres im Sinn.
Kill a man and you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a hero. Kill them all and you're a conqueror.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 11:56

Assassinations do exist, but nothing bails. No M6 bails.

Never been a "capper" in X3. But flying through Xenon sector with FAA-equipped M1/M2 leaves blue ships in the wake.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 13:02

you cant cap any m6's,theo nly capitol ships that you can cap is the K from the xenon taxi missions.

but only under very special circumstances

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”