Am I doing this the idiot's way?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

svensjr

Am I doing this the idiot's way?

Post by svensjr » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 12:51

I'll give you a bit of background and then ask what's probably a stupid question if that's ok.

I captured my first Nova in Hatikvahs Faith and wrecked my Falcon doing so. THe plan was/is to flog my Falcon (Hull:22%) and keep the Nova (Hull:71%). Anyway managed to limp to Light of heart, where I found that there was nothing in stock to equip my Nova and most of the weapons in my Falcon didn't fit. So instead I bought an M5 and zipped across to Teladi space and bought some nice new weapons for my nice new Nova. Problem is I can't work out how to transfer freight from my Discoverer and Falcon to the Nova. The only thing I can think of doing is ejecting everything and then picking it up again, which is gonna take forever and be no fun at all. So, the stupid question is how do I transfer freight without doing that.

Also I wanted to get my Buster, which is all the way in CBSW to jump to me with the weapons I needed but I don't kow how to get it to jump to me...Is there a way of doing that?

Thanks for your help guys.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 12:56

there are a few ways to transfer freight.

you could dock all ships at the same station, and while your in your nova, you goto the cargo bay of the other ships, and it will allow you to transfer cargo from one ship to the other. only works with the one ur flying and another ships.

another way is to get the transporter device from the goner temple then you can beam cargo between ur current ship and another one.

the 3rd is to use the script from the bonus pack, remote freight transfer which allows you to do it between 2 remote ships

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 12:58

Dock them all at a station, transfer to your Nova and go to station, ships, select the goods you want and move them across... Easy and you don't need other Equipment.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 13:20

To make it more clear, when docked the other ships main menu will have "freight transfer" option.

svensjr

Post by svensjr » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 14:11

Yeah I see it now. I knew it was a stupid question :) .

So can you get your ship on the other side of the world to jump to you? Might be useful in the future...

Exekutor
x2

Post by Exekutor » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 14:38

svensjr wrote:Yeah I see it now. I knew it was a stupid question :) .

So can you get your ship on the other side of the world to jump to you? Might be useful in the future...
The ship needs a jump drive, enough e-cells and nav software mk1. Go to the command screen of the ship, then to navigation and then jump to station/sector or position.
Ich bin nicht nur gekommen um dich zu sehen.
Ich hatte etwas Radikaleres im Sinn.
Kill a man and you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a hero. Kill them all and you're a conqueror.

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 15:53

Whats wrong with stupid questions, I askem all the time. In fact there is only stupid answers, as no question can be stupid, it's the law.

Personally speaking of course, one can read the manual or ask questions, In this particular game, probably not much sense in reading the manual ever. :lol:
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

svensjr

Post by svensjr » Fri, 22. Sep 06, 16:50

Heh, I have tried the manual, I really have - unless I'm missing something it doesn't generally tell you how to actually do something. When I got my jumpdrive I hunted high and low for instructions on how to make it work. Eventually I thought of looking in the key configurations to figure it out.

Whinge over - thanks for all your help, everyone.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”