The Ellie is all mine...FINALLY

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

The Ellie is all mine...FINALLY

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 07:30

Okay all you experts :P . I finally 'just' recieved enough renown to purchase an Ellie. I need some recommendations for a combat loadout please. Something to really give this ship some bite. Fourteen support vessels...what, maybe 14 Nova's? Thanks in advance.

CDc

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 09:08

oos all BPPC

if it is your own personal ship go with pac or hept with PPC in reserve for any Khaak capital ships you may encounter

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 09:14

biggie1447 wrote:oos all BPPC

if it is your own personal ship go with pac or hept with PPC in reserve for any Khaak capital ships you may encounter
Thanks. I will check that out shortly. I imagine the hard part will be finding enough weapons for a complete loadout. The only weapon factory I currently have online is a Firestorm Factory.

CDc

TheSandman
x3

Post by TheSandman » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 09:45

Jus so you know iv never actually equiped one... but the general idea on the forum seems to be blow the living hell out of a few Xenon sectors and pick up all the dropped guns, you end up with more than enough

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 10:05

TheSandman wrote:Jus so you know iv never actually equiped one... but the general idea on the forum seems to be blow the living hell out of a few Xenon sectors and pick up all the dropped guns, you end up with more than enough
Ah...the simple things in life :D . Thanks...

CDc

Stupac

Post by Stupac » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 10:38

Put one on sector patrol in Blueish Snout with full 125mj shields, and BPPC's or Appc's. then watch your boron rep go up. Its for all xenon patrols that go through there.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 14:11

Dungeoncrawler wrote:

Thanks. I will check that out shortly. I imagine the hard part will be finding enough weapons for a complete loadout. The only weapon factory I currently have online is a Firestorm Factory.

CDc
sidenote: TL:s make horrible personal ships just as M1 and M2:s but otherwise the advice is good. Keep different loadouts for OOS battles (bigger is better) and smaller guns for IS fighting.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

FlyingWhileBlind
x3

Post by FlyingWhileBlind » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 16:18

Just got my Ellie w/ new car smell, last night at bout 10:00 < - > 11:00

Dint really know hot to kit it out, so I just put stuff in as I came across it, 2AHEPTs left, 2 right, 2BPPC front and 2 back. Dropped guns / loot (?) :)
I'm vaporizing them!! :P No loot to find ANYWHERE (once the dust clears)

Oh, and re: the Ellie steering?? I recall someone saying, ".... give me ten acres, and I'll turn this rig around..." eh, it fit :)

That's one BIG boat! :D
Solong, and thanks for all the fish.
Liscenced trainer, recreational spagettification
[based in BlackHoleSun]

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 16:34

FlyingWhileBlind wrote:That's one BIG boat! :D
Sure is, but wait till you see an albatross. I reckon you could fit at least a couple of elephants in that beast.

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 21:55

I go along with that....but If you try to fight it 'in sector' yourself then you will be seriously disappointed,even a swarm of pirate buzzards n busters will take you down if they get in close.....Learn to use fighter and missile support and fight at longer ranges....Don't rely on your PACS or HEPTS to protect you,they won't do a very good job....In fact your best defence is to climb back in to your trusty M3 and go do the job yourself :)
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 22:22

eladan wrote:
FlyingWhileBlind wrote:That's one BIG boat! :D
Sure is, but wait till you see an albatross. I reckon you could fit at least a couple of elephants in that beast.
Obviously, you haven't looked at Orca. :wink:

Neither have I, but I do have Alby, Condor, and Phoenix. That Condor is so tiny next to its mates.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 22:28

biggie1447 wrote: ....In fact your best defence is to climb back in to your trusty M3 and go do the job yourself :)
My problem is that in sector, my combat skills are 'average' at best. I have flown into a Xenon sector and practiced avoiding the big capital ships incoming fire :shock: . The other factor I have to consider is unless something AI 'dumb' happens like while on autopilot OOS the AI flys one of my ships into some space rock, I don't do reloads. If I lose something in combat, it's gone forever until I can replace it :gruebel: .
So, I have to be extra careful with everything I do. Great advice though. Hope to see some more input from the majority of everyones vastly superior combat skills. I might get there someday :)

CDc

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 23:00

the Elephant is a great first ship. I had one, and it rocked.

In fact I kept it all the way through the game, although it ended up mothballed.

Once it's kitted out with fighters it's very nice indeed.

Don't be fooled into thinking it's powerful enough to survive a fight against a Xenon sector, it isn't. A light skirmish and a run-for-it are the best you can hope for.

Try Pirate alley if you dare. I did, and my first major battle cost me 14 of its fighters and a severe repair bill. Most of the damage was caused when I tried to get the fighters back on board before jumping out.
It was an epic fight, the most intense I had until I had a huge fleet.

Like you I don't reload to undo losses. It's gutting to see millions worth of ships go south in the early game though. I stayed clear of Pirate alley for a looong time after that.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

askerer
x3

Post by askerer » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 00:28

what an elle?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 00:42

Ellie [el ee]
noun - Slang for Elephant, the TL class ship of the Split race in the X-universe.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 01:06

What is the best supply ship for the Elephant? I've bought a caiman, but apparently it cannot dock with the Elephant(wrong class). Thanks.

CDc

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 01:13

Look for a M3 Hauler variant... I have Falcons...

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 01:25

silentWitness wrote:Look for a M3 Hauler variant... I have Falcons...
Thanks. I now see why everyone complains about the lack of e-cell support these ships give. Really limited on the cargo space for a e-cell support ship.

CDc

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 02:32

It doesn't take five seconds to jump a TS in sector... I have a Superfreighter for just such an event as me getting pissed off at not having enough energy...

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 03:11

silentWitness wrote:It doesn't take five seconds to jump a TS in sector... I have a Superfreighter for just such an event as me getting pissed off at not having enough energy...
That's true. Probably be the route I will go with. I have a hauler that sounds like it's just right for the job.

CDc

P.S. BTW...can I trade between ships if both are OOS?

Update: Found the Remote Transport Script :)

Update: Well, she's finally ready (Ellie). She's gunned with 8 BPPC's and 8 BHEPT for backup. Had her patrolling around Bluish Snout but no Xenon patrols yet.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”