Rep building in Getsu Fune...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxy42

Rep building in Getsu Fune...

Post by foxy42 » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 15:16

Two things about this weird and useful system...

Kills are charged to which reputation? Argon? Teladi? It's listed as an Argon system, but thanks messages are always from the teladi, and it says it's joint owned in the description. I can't spot the pattern in the rep builds and was wondering if anyone 'knew' how your rep is affected by actions in this system...

Secondly, why are XIs twice as hard here (seriously, it's the ONLY place I get 2 Ks, all the other places (BHS, SpG, TA) I get only 1K? Anyone else noticed this?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 15:28

Some people have said that you gain the rep with whichever race has their station closest to your position when you make the kill, but this is unproven.

As for the second point, luck of the draw, I would say. There's no reason why XIs in GF should be any harder than anywhere else--it's just you happen to have had the good (or bad, depending on your point of view) to get some doozies in there.

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 15:34

Maybe coincidence but I don't think so, I've done about 15/16 XIs altogether now, about 5 in GF and others in other places, and I ALWAYS get 2 Ks in Getsu Fune, and I ALWAYS get 1 K everywhere else.

Snus
x3tc

Post by Snus » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 15:48

foxy42 wrote:Maybe coincidence but I don't think so, I've done about 15/16 XIs altogether now, about 5 in GF and others in other places, and I ALWAYS get 2 Ks in Getsu Fune, and I ALWAYS get 1 K everywhere else.
As I remember from mine XI missions you might be right, ive never thought of it though..
One of my first XI missions (in this game play) was in GF i was piloting the mamba V. luckely i had a couple of hammerheads for those 2 k's :)
But why there are 2 k's there and just one on other XI missions I dunno...
Maybe because its a bigger system, and all races have stations there :roll:

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 16:45

People say you get rep fro teladi, I always have got rep for the Split there.

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 16:47

Damnit, I want split rep, but I definitely don't 'seem' to be getting any from fighting there. I think it may be teladi actually, if not spread over all. Since the voice announcements are usually on behalf of the teladi.

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 17:03

i think taht u get rep with whatever race owned the station at wich u got the bbs message of an XI
The answer is just another question.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 20:41

That sectors around Getsu Fune are the only sectors that have more than one Xenon sector within the 2 or 3 sector limit of the XI mission IIRC. Perhaps you re getting one K for each xenon sector close by?

allanon10101
x3

Post by allanon10101 » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 05:25

I always seemed to get Boron rep there in my first game. Then in my second game I got Teladi rep. Now in my third it's the Argon. And it didn't matter who's station it was from, the rep always went to that race. Confused the hell out of me at first. Any idea's as to why this sector can't seem to make up it's mind as to whose it is? :gruebel:
"Crazy person says what now" "What?" "Thankyou" "What?"
-My last conversation with myself

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 08:04

I think your rep will go to the race you got you're first license from. Was you're first license teladi, then they will thank you for every kill. Even when you've bought more licenses afterwards.

perhaps loosing a few would change this but i haven't tried yet.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 10:29

I heard that you get rep from all races. I would love to hear that confirmed by somone who really knows for sure?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 10:33

Even so, would it be, for exapmle, 100 points for each race, or the 100 points shared amongst all races (which wouldn't be so useful). I'd still ike confirmation, where are the developers when questions like this come up?

Exekutor
x2

Post by Exekutor » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 12:23

Well, they thank me on behalf of the Paranid, so its maybe random on the start of the game what race "owns" the sector.
Ich bin nicht nur gekommen um dich zu sehen.
Ich hatte etwas Radikaleres im Sinn.
Kill a man and you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a hero. Kill them all and you're a conqueror.

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 12:51

To me it seems as though XI's are dependant on which race you accept the XI from. I got Paranid rep when I accepted an XI from their EQ. I've also gotten rep from the Boron and Split. The Split XI was actually accepted in Thyn's Abyss tho....
As for the "single kill" rewards, it's only been Split. I thought I heard Argon at the beginning of the game, but seeing as that is nearly a year ago, my memory is perhaps a bit rusty..

It would be nice to know the triggers. But then again, it adds to the mystery of the system that you don't really know :D
"Why should you go to jail for crimes someone else noticed" -Bob Loblaw

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 13:15

laplace wrote:To me it seems as though XI's are dependant on which race you accept the XI from. I got Paranid rep when I accepted an XI from their EQ. I've also gotten rep from the Boron and Split. The Split XI was actually accepted in Thyn's Abyss tho....
As for the "single kill" rewards, it's only been Split. I thought I heard Argon at the beginning of the game, but seeing as that is nearly a year ago, my memory is perhaps a bit rusty..

It would be nice to know the triggers. But then again, it adds to the mystery of the system that you don't really know :D
Finishing two consecutive (bug?) XI missions in Getsu Fune yesterday, I can vouch for laplace theory (I am talking about quoted poster not the mathematics...)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”