First time playing in the X universe

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 19:35

Simply trading can take a long time to raise rank beyond the first few. The quick ways to raise rank are BBS missions and donations. If you take the assassination missions you get a good boost, whether it is the Teladi asking you to make the kill, or if the target is Teladi. Plus, I think the trade missions also give you a fair boost.

The donation ones are the by far the quickest if you find them, but:

1. You've got to find one. Like so many other things, sometimes rare and always random.

2. Obvious point - they cost! If you've only just got enough money for an M6, you might want to leave it. Not sure how much you'd require at the stage you're at, but I'd guess hundreds of thousands if not millions of credits.

Personally, I'd actually suggest concentrating on building your empire. Either get a load more UTs - a fleet of UTs jumping round makes you lots of cash and with a lot of them (20+) they also improve your race ranks quite a lot (20 ships trading raises it 20 times faster than 1).

Or stations. Pick the right ones and/or set the prices right and all the NPC trades/CAG sales will again, boost cash and rank.

Hope that helps :)

Tim

David.L
x3

Post by David.L » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 22:20

The donation ones are the by far the quickest if you find them, ...
I did see one, but I had no idea what it did so I passed it up.
Obvious point - they cost! If you've only just got enough money for an M6, you might want to leave it. Not sure how much you'd require at the stage you're at, but I'd guess hundreds of thousands if not millions of credits.
I have about 38 Million at the moment - total of 5 factories. The reason I want to raise my ranks is that I need to if I want to buy the Teladi Osprey.
My brother went and bought the Argon Centaur already, and mounted around 6 mass drivers on it. I think the ammo is a little expensive to use on pirate harriers.
Personally, I'd actually suggest concentrating on building your empire. Either get a load more UTs - a fleet of UTs jumping round makes you lots of cash and with a lot of them (20+) they also improve your race ranks quite a lot (20 ships trading raises it 20 times faster than 1).
I think I will. I lost one UT, I may get a couple more. I've been trying to think of what factory to get next - I have a one Ore mine and two Silicon mines, BoFu and an SPP (I was amazed that it makes 500 something energy every cycle!)

Or stations. Pick the right ones and/or set the prices right and all the NPC trades/CAG sales will again, boost cash and rank.
I've spent a while tweaking my prices to something that works - for the silicon mine, the sell price is 480, because anything more and it doesn't get sold quick enough. I think I may want another SPP - In the systems surrounding Argon Prime there's still a huge demand, most of the factories will still pay 19 for energy. Had the idea of setting up a complex to supply the SPP. Set up an SPP & Crystal Fab and connected them. Problem: No left over energy. Yes, it was a closed loop, but it didn't produce any end products! I reloaded, needless to say : |

>Hope that helps

It does! Thank you.

-David

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Fri, 8. Aug 08, 23:55

Try a Wheat Farm in Menelaus' Frontier. The Plankton Farms and Stott Mixeries there have a large demand for Delexian Wheat as a Secondary Resource.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Sun, 10. Aug 08, 01:06

Hi David.I.

Incase you're not aware there are some FREE ships around that you might want to get.---list below:
Spoiler
Show
Toucan Hauler Menelaus' Frontier 43/-7/35 ---
Iguana Vanguard Family Whi 0/0/40 ---
Harrier Sentinel The Vault -25/-10/-14 ---
Falcon Sentinel Unknown Sector(By Xenon 534, -20/3/2
Buzzard Hauler Family Tkr -35/-7/-10 ---
Buster Sentinel Akeela's Beacon 30/-10/-30 ---
Buster Sentinel Treasure Chest 0/50/0 ---
Scorpion Raider Xenon Sector 101 0/0/80 ---
Mamba Raider LooManckStrat's Legacy -17/0/0
Nova Unknown Sector -12/1/-19 unknwn sec w/south of Maelstrom
Mako Raider Depths Of Silence 1/-3/38 ---
Pericles Vanguard Unknown Sector (by Unholy Descent) -10/10/10 ---
Use you're Move to coordinate to get near to the ships..

*NOTE watch out for Squash mines near the Mamba.....if you set one off Ship Go BOOM....
Also if you have auto save when landing in stations ON... Land in the Taladi trading station when saved, do a *reload (might need more than once to achieve ...The bbs board changes ( well it has done for me) and i've got the donation one come up and increased my rank ...
*I have used this Reload a few times in other stations to get other missions.....

Hope this helps :)

[added spoiler tags--please be aware that not everyone wants to know this stuff. PJK]
Sacred Geometry where movement is Poetry....

[ external image ]

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Sun, 10. Aug 08, 14:38

Yes, lets SPOIL THE GAME. Well played sir.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:09

THESPEEKER wrote:Hi David.I.

Incase you're not aware there are some FREE ships around that you might want to get.---list below:
Spoiler
Show
Toucan Hauler Menelaus' Frontier 43/-7/35 ---
Iguana Vanguard Family Whi 0/0/40 ---
Harrier Sentinel The Vault -25/-10/-14 ---
Falcon Sentinel Unknown Sector(By Xenon 534, -20/3/2
Buzzard Hauler Family Tkr -35/-7/-10 ---
Buster Sentinel Akeela's Beacon 30/-10/-30 ---
Buster Sentinel Treasure Chest 0/50/0 ---
Scorpion Raider Xenon Sector 101 0/0/80 ---
Mamba Raider LooManckStrat's Legacy -17/0/0
Nova Unknown Sector -12/1/-19 unknwn sec w/south of Maelstrom
Mako Raider Depths Of Silence 1/-3/38 ---
Pericles Vanguard Unknown Sector (by Unholy Descent) -10/10/10 ---
Use you're Move to coordinate to get near to the ships..

*NOTE watch out for Squash mines near the Mamba.....if you set one off Ship Go BOOM....
Also if you have auto save when landing in stations ON... Land in the Taladi trading station when saved, do a *reload (might need more than once to achieve ...The bbs board changes ( well it has done for me) and i've got the donation one come up and increased my rank ...
*I have used this Reload a few times in other stations to get other missions.....

Hope this helps :)

[added spoiler tags--please be aware that not everyone wants to know this stuff. PJK]
sorry my bad forgot the spoiler tag :oops:

[ external image ]

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:18

mufassa wrote:Yes, lets SPOIL THE GAME. Well played sir.
No need to shout at me i ain't Deaf!!
Spoiler
Show
hears some more for you
Bala Gi's Joy -35.20/-8.60/-37.60 Confirmed
Black Hole Sun 12.70/4.00/-7.90 Confirmed
Cloud Base North West 32.10/-35.50/-25.70 Confirmed
Family Rhy 35.00/12.10/0.00 Confirmed
Light Water 8.00/-5.20/-13.60 Confirmed
Merchant Haven 0.00/50.00/0.00 Confirmed
Priest Pity 31.10/5.00/26.80 Could not find?
Senators Badlands (near the rock) -1.50/11.50/9.00 Confirmed
Unknown Sector (by Patriarch's Retreat) -39.40/1.00/1.10 Confirmed
Xenon Sector 597 -62.50/-17.20/22.70 Unconfirmed

Atreus Clouds 13.1/0/-13.1 10 Rapier Missiles Confirmed
Empires Edge -50/-15/-9 10 Banshee Missiles Confirmed
Midnight Star 132/0.04/4 10 Wildfire Missiles Confirmed
Orebelt 10/4/52 75,000 credits Confirmed
Patriachs Retreat 0/-36/36 microchips Confirmed
Spaceweed Drift -30.1/10/20 Spaceweed Confirmed
Unknown Sector (by Mists of Elysium) -30/-20/-30 2x125MJ Shields Confirmed
Unknown sector (by Pontifex's Seclusion) -55/-10.2/-50 50,000 credits Confirmed
Unknown sector (by Pontifex's Seclusion) -55/-10/-50 10 Windstalker Missiles Confirmed
Heretics End 25.7/17.8/32.3 15 Wildfire Missiles Unconfirmed
Don't read the spoiler if you don't want The goodies... :twisted:

[ external image ]

David.L
x3

Post by David.L » Tue, 12. Aug 08, 02:48

My brother spent all day collecting almost every single one of the free ships - it took him about 2 hours to finally get past the 'SQUASH Mines'

The one ship I did pick up was the Hauler, I figured since I was already so close... What amazed us is how impossible to find some of the ships would be if you didn't already know the location.
He only recently docked his
Spoiler
Show
free Mamba
(not really - he lost my M4 getting it.)
I say 'my' because I gave him my early save; he was having a lot of trouble getting started in the game and was ready to give up. I had set up one Ore mine and one Silicon mine at this point. Our games bear no resemblance to each other now though. I have the startings of an intergalactic empire (I wish) while he still hasn't built anymore factories. He has made a good bit of money killing Xenons with his Argon Centaur, however. He has it loaded out with all mass drivers.
Sometime later today when I get home we might set him up an SPP. I have one in 'The Wall' that makes good money.

Haven't played X3 quite as much within the past day or two; I have Midterms and Finals to finish up. Mostly done with them.

Thanks for the replies, I may check out some of those ships if I'm in the vicinity, and I'll see if I can reload a couple times and get a donation mission.

-David

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”