Release Dates ? (and delivery - territories)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flashand
x4

Release Dates ? (and delivery - territories)

Post by Flashand » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 03:29

When will the rest of the world be able to buy this off the shelf? I live in the states and have no trust in sending out my banking information. So can you all narrow it down to a day?

Please note that i have seen the release date for the european stores but not for the states.

Firgof Umbra
x3tc

Post by Firgof Umbra » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 03:31

STEAM is the only distribution they're doing over here for Terran Conflict at this time unless they have changed their minds in the past week or so since they wrote the FAQs.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 03:37

Yup. Apparently no publisher for the US market. Your options are order online or steam.

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 03:42

eladan wrote:Yup. Apparently no publisher for the US market. Your options are order online or steam.
Yea. I ordered it online today. It wont get here until the 20th though.

-_-

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 03:44

Yes, apperantly the US stores wouldn't talk to them. :evil:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Hunter PRIME083
x3

Post by Hunter PRIME083 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 05:02

Does anyone have an idea as to when it will be on the shelves in Australia, im a bit like Flashand when it comes to online shopping and I also have a bitter (and slightly irrational) hatered of steam
Birds gotta swim fish gotta fly and nerds gotta play video games

Life would be som much easier if it came equiped with SETA

Thaught I would add this to my signature since I will no doubt be typing it A LOT: I apolagise for my dozens of spilling mistakes :P in this post

Turricanion
x3tc

Post by Turricanion » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 05:10

bitter and slighlty irrational hatred for steam eh??

Sounds reasonable to me....Steam SUX! and i play quite a few games using steam.

I would much have preferred a hardcopy of X3:TC as well, as dling off steam uses half my monthly quota.

Also, the speeds i can dl from steam are terrible. 50kb/s > or something like that.

I can download at 2mb/sec from australian sites. Get some SOUTH PACIFIC SUPPORT STEAM!!!

Anywho.....ordering it onling is pretty much ur only option. or using steam...ugh...(i am using steam).

Ajy170
x3tc

Post by Ajy170 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 11:29

Australian EB quoted release date:

22/24th dependent on how long it takes to get from their warehouses on Monday.

:D

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 14:01

Here I Holland I get different stories. One shop says it's going on the shelf at October 31st while another says it'll be available today. I asked them to save me a copy of the game yesterday but I haven't heard anything from them yet... Hope to be playing X3TC today/tonight.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 16:34

@ the OZ guys...

Each to their own but I bought it off Steam Thursday night. Downloaded at the max speed of my Bigpond 1500/256 link - 160Kb / sec. Unlocked Friday morning and patched to 1.2. :D

Just got to find the time to play it :shock:

Yellowjack
x4

Ozzie date

Post by Yellowjack » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 02:18

The last news I received from a rural EB yesterday (17/10) was that it would be on the shelves on the 22nd. I hope that they are right.
In the Spirit of ELITE

cutterjohn
xr

Post by cutterjohn » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:20

Too bad about no US publisher, then again X3R was $20 not long after it's release and entirely disappeared from shelves shortly thereafter while Dungeon Lords Crappier Edition continued to suck up precious shelf space @ $20 (got my copy for $5 and got my $5 of entertainment out of it...).

Steam: It's fine as an option for a game that I physically purchase with a real printed manual and media, but as download only it's a ripoff. Same price yet lacks the physical media plus printed manual? That said, I will buy games off of steam that are no longer available (readily) otherwise as long as they're sold at good prices, although I am DEEPLY regretting Danderous Waters from Steam as the B&M copy came with a few hundred page manual v. a few hundred page PDF is just annoying with the only benefit being quick searching, but a good index works almost as well.

Off to order from gogamer I guess before long. They're listing it as a 10/20/08 release for $39.90.

They're having a nice 48h madness this weekend too... forgot what grabbed my attention now, but I saw something good in it with a final price of c. $5 or 85% off... something recent too IIRC.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:54

It comes with manual as a PDF file :?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 08:55

vr01 wrote:It comes with manual as a PDF file :?
He specifically said a "printed" manual--e.g. a physical book you can hold in your hand.

Whitegaurd
x3tc

Finding X3 TC in stores- Australia

Post by Whitegaurd » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:00

Well, here's how the story goes:

I visited EB games and some other game shop on the 18th of october, 2 shops, and then something occurred to me, will i actually at any point find this game??

So here's my query, if anyone has managed to find the darn thing, where?
and
If it turns out it hasn't even come to Australia (Which I'm gonna go figures true) when will it be down here, if ever?

No, I'm gonna order the game over the internet, just for those of you who pounce on me at every chance you get, just so you can tell me.

*Apologies, and thanks, in a somewhat advanced form

* The reason I'm pre-apologizing is that I keep getting my topics moved... no matter how many times i read the rules, check and re-check, my topics get moved, or locked. I guess i have a bad habit of doing things wrong.

Edit: *sigh* i knew pre-apologizing was gonna come in handy, found the answer to my question in the Release Dates thread, which i'd previously over looked. Although, still feel free to post any answers you have for confirmation.
err... Why would I have a signature?
WHITEGAURD Cause i'm just so important

pepper0481
xr

Post by pepper0481 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:07

Hey mate, If your not in a real hurry for the game I think stock will start hitting our shores around the 23rd thats what most shops are saying for the realse date anyway otherwise just buy it off steam.

nilshansson9
x3tc

Post by nilshansson9 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:07

Lol i know what you mean..... Australia always suffers unless its a huge game, in which case we get it first. I would recommend smaller game stores or maybe order it through the store. GAME used to be good with these lesser well known games, but they suck now.. :(

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:10

EB is saying 22-24/10, $69.95.

If you want it NOW (and you can) then go with Steam. Even though the Aussie dollar has dropped through the floor, Steam is cheaper than retail.

Whitegaurd
x3tc

Post by Whitegaurd » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:12

vr01 wrote:EB is saying 22-24/10, $69.95.

If you want it NOW (and you can) then go with Steam. Even though the Aussie dollar has dropped through the floor, Steam is cheaper than retail.
What did i say about:
Teh internet???

Dun worry though, i wasn't quite clear enough.

And holy crap, i knew there were tons of people on since TC but.... that was FAST!

Oh and Btw, the day this game hits the friggin shelves I'm gonna be ramming up EB games ass to get it. Hope that explains how desperately i want it. Not enough to devout my life to getting it (I'm waiting to actually get it so i can do that) but if it appears, I'm gonna be grabbing it!
err... Why would I have a signature?
WHITEGAURD Cause i'm just so important

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:20

pjknibbs wrote:
vr01 wrote:It comes with manual as a PDF file :?
He specifically said a "printed" manual--e.g. a physical book you can hold in your hand.
My bad... mind you it's only good until you lose it or spill some form of beverage on it...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”