[TC] boarding the deca twice to get it.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 04:28

mangar wrote:that is what I have been trying to do, just get a deca invincable or not. I know the second mission later on you can not get, it the first in aldrin.
Pretty sure they fixed it in a recent patch so that once the #Deca is captured it will no longer have that invincible status.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 15:14

" so maybe that was the key for the capture"

I will try again, I keep hearing players jumping from ship to ship as they do it? I was always on my panther giving commands to my shipps to launch. maybe one has to be on the ship which launch the marnies but I don't see that being a factor? also I never fire a flail or missle, my threasher took down the shields in two shoots which Ion D Cannons, then keep shooting ion shard guns to keep sheilds at bay with two dragons shooting atthe shields same guns also.

maybe I have to jump ships as I do it? maybe I have to fire a flail or hammer also? I will try a few ways this time coming.

buit that that you have the same version setup as me, gives me hope not to waste time.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 16:16

yeah try that, transfer to the ship and launch marines manually by pressing L repeatedly. Here's the video by the way
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 16:33

cool video for some hope, I have been up since yesterday doing about 80+ UFJD looking for an aran with a kraken. I need a change of game and will mount up my fleet to take another crack at the deca.

Just thought of something which might be the problem, that last run I got to the deca kind of late, I wonder if the terran marines were between my 1st and 2nd wave strike. this means the terrans sercured the deca after my first wave and then locked out my second wave from getting it twice?

Now this time I will set my fleet at the spot and fly back in my adv discvr, and get my marines to work before the terran marines ever get close? maybe?

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:05

that's what I did, you'll capture it before terrans can even reach it.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:15

my deca show up at 50, 7, -25

I was 100km off and by the time I got there the same thing above. I will reload a few more time and be at the right location and be done and over with it befor the terrens get there. The main terran ship was just 10km away and spoke, We have an agreement! and ousted my marines again.

I think the terrens can not be near the deca when you take it a second time.

SO I guess the deca location does change where it might show but always somewhere betwen the two locations given in this thread so far.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 23:39

update...

I flew an avdance discover to the station to start the mission, and left a vidar there to kill the enemy figthers at the station

while I flew back to 50, 10, -25, sitting there the enemy fighters showed up at the station and the vidar killed them. Then.....

Bam the deca is right under my nose ... I loaded a few times tried a few things. even doing it with NON 5 star marines. why waste any good marines.

minitor remote command launch,
wave one at deck 4, remote launch kracken marines,

not all marines in wave 2 were maxed, they had assorted fight from 2 up to 4, but all had high skills 3-5
over all 5 marine made it to the core and the deca is mine.

----------

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 01:52

glad to hear you finally got it! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”