Idea for the Return: "Station Extension"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elerium-155

Idea for the Return: "Station Extension"

Post by Elerium-155 » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 22:46

Hey guys I have an idea for the return. You know those M6 docking stations next to equipment docks, shipyards and the like, well, what if you could purchase extentions to fit onto normal stations.

So it would be like this:

I build a Cattle Ranch, after that I tell a hired/owned Argon Mammoth to pick up a Station M6 Extension (Which would cost a lot) and bring it back to my Cattle Ranch. I would then call the Mammoth to drop the extension into my Cattle Ranch by telling it to. It would be "Drop my cargo here" and then it would flash on the factories on the system (The Cattle Ranch) It would then move up to 3.km and then unload and we would see a cinematic with the X2 Song "Building an empire" of drones attaching the extension to the Cattle Ranch. Now other M6s and your M6s (M1s/m2s??) will be able to use the extension.

This would make large loads possible to transport on M6s, etc. Really handy for M1s/M2s with Jumpdrives for SPPs as they would be able to directly dock and transport all the goods out. Maybe neutral M6s would be able to trade with the station? All these could be possible.

What do you guys think?

:)

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 22:47

Good idea I think.

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 22:50

Sounds pretty cool,, may be a bit to late to implement it now. The new player headquaters in the Return should have similar features, I think I remember reading somewhere that you can repair your own ships there and dock some of the large ones too.

Mkiller

"Jaqueline was 17, working behind a desk when I..."

Dragon_Rider
x4

Re: Idea for the Return: "Station Extension"

Post by Dragon_Rider » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 22:54

Elerium-155 wrote:Hey guys I have an idea for the return. You know those M6 docking stations next to equipment docks, shipyards and the like, well, what if you could purchase extentions to fit onto normal stations.

So it would be like this:

I build a Cattle Ranch, after that I tell a hired/owned Argon Mammoth to pick up a Station M6 Extension (Which would cost a lot) and bring it back to my Cattle Ranch. I would then call the Mammoth to drop the extension into my Cattle Ranch by telling it to. It would be "Drop my cargo here" and then it would flash on the factories on the system (The Cattle Ranch) It would then move up to 3.km and then unload and we would see a cinematic with the X2 Song "Building an empire" of drones attaching the extension to the Cattle Ranch. Now other M6s and your M6s (M1s/m2s??) will be able to use the extension.

This would make large loads possible to transport on M6s, etc. Really handy for M1s/M2s with Jumpdrives for SPPs as they would be able to directly dock and transport all the goods out. Maybe neutral M6s would be able to trade with the station? All these could be possible.

What do you guys think?

:)
Hey sounds like you've found a use for the Hydra as a long range cargo hauler, if this is implemented (possibly as a script now, as probably to late for The Return!).

:lol:

Ps brilliant idea i like it :)
Ben

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 22:58

Mkiller

"Jaqueline was 17, working behind a desk when I..."
And you posted the first line to a great Franz Ferdinand song why? :? :P

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 23:04

Heh, the track just started playing (random shuffle out of 1300 songs and it picks some FF) and I was wondering how many people would recognise it. Congratulations, you win, er, a shiny penny. But you cant have it. Because I spent it. On booze. And blackjack. And Loose women.

Mkiller

"She said she didn't know, said I'm sweet"
"She said she didn't know me, now I'm not so sweet."

anyone recognise that one????

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 23:09

Hmmm.... No.

"You see my pain is real,
And watch my world dissolve,
And pretend that none of us see the fall..."

Anyone? :D

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 23:10

Not sure, but the next line is

"Off Topic"
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 23:13

Not qui- oh. :lol:

Back ON topic...

Like I said before, good idea, but maybe only on player owned Equipment docks and trading stations? Putting it on normal fabs just wouldn't seem right.

And myabe on SPPs as well, for easy access to e-cells for M6s and possibly M1/M2s.

shifty lookin spoon
x3

Post by shifty lookin spoon » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 23:59

jack morphew wrote:Hmmm.... No.

"You see my pain is real,
And watch my world dissolve,
And pretend that none of us see the fall..."

Anyone? :D
system of a down :P

shifty lookin spoon
x3

Post by shifty lookin spoon » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 00:08

I think there should be a freight beam for large ships to transport e-cells to the ship from outside the station - more or less a station to ship transport device

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 00:08

:thumb_up:

Ego Brain.

But We've already been warned about off-topic-ness so I'll shut up now. :wink: :-# :lol:

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 00:17

they would have to implement trade behaviour into M6s though, something that is not currently avaliable......

good idea though!
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 00:42

Like I said before, good idea, but maybe only on player owned Equipment docks and trading stations? Putting it on normal fabs just wouldn't seem right.
Note 1: Docking bays already exist on Equipment Docks. :P

Note 2: How would you mount a fixed docking bay to a rotating Trading Station? :?

I think it's a clever idea, and see no reason why it "wouldn't seem right". After all, M6's are a relatively new addition to the X-Universe, so it only seems proper for the businesses to try to take advantage of them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 00:53

I'm not really sure why you'd want to have a M6 landing at a Cattle Ranch! At a SSP I can understand... but other than that & Equipment docks, I see little point, & the Hydra for a trader? no way! not when it costs the same as very many TSs, it's better to use them overall! Keep the M6s foe OOSD (& throw the Hydra in the universe garbage disposal (nearest Black Hole!)

You'll be wanting to use a Mammoth as a UT next! :lol:

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 01:33

Etolf wrote:I'm not really sure why you'd want to have a M6 landing at a Cattle Ranch! At a SSP I can understand... but other than that & Equipment docks, I see little point, & the Hydra for a trader? no way! not when it costs the same as very many TSs, it's better to use them overall! Keep the M6s foe OOSD (& throw the Hydra in the universe garbage disposal (nearest Black Hole!)

You'll be wanting to use a Mammoth as a UT next! :lol:
Who said i was going to pay for it!!! :P

And why not use a Mammoth as a UT HUGE profits per trip :lol:
Ben

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 03:14

There's a point where storage capacity becomes pointless because the factory only gives you up to its maximum capacity of production. THEN what? A TL with 13000 capacity... Are you SERIOUSLY going to use it on any single given trip? Nahhh... Not unless cargos got larger... or more numerous.

Atrium
x3

Post by Atrium » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 05:09

Using a tl as a ut is a great idea. It would act a lot faster than a ts as a ut, as it could buy and sell multiple goods at once !. :o
Ie, you could have it buy bogas and sell bofu in the sector at the same time.
I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. Apparently it's something I'm good at...
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 07:59

Someone was working on an script to enable TL's as auto traders. Maybe a copy is still around or you could contact that person.

Don't remember where, here in the scripting forum or on xscripting.com.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Elerium-155

Post by Elerium-155 » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 09:29

Thanks all for the feedback :)

People have said that what is the point in doing this thing to a Cattle Ranch, well, it allows M6s or TLs to come and load up a massive amount of the Cattle Ranch goods to sell it for profit, instead of ferrying little amounts backwards and forwards. IMHO I dont know if a transporter device works on stations as I dont have a TL yet :P

But you get my picture :)

And for rotating stations, Im pretty sure some sort of docking mechanism will come out from the side attached. So its like this:

A Free Argon Trading Station has a Station Extension, so the extension is seen from the outside attached to the station and rotates with it. Maybe with 2 short small girders coming out from it to the station.

A Boron Trading Station has the extension and its pretty much the same thing, only that it is away from those nasty tendrils that we know. It would possibly be underslung, away from the tendrils.

Split Trading Ports have 2 ends, one end for docking and another one blankety blank. The Extension could be fitted right there.

Paranid Ports are Identical to the Split Ports above, or it could be attached and rotates with the station.

Pirate Anarchy Ports are the same as Paranid Ports, but will be able to hold a Yaki M6. (Ever wondered how EASY it is to actually blow up a superior Pirate Base with an M3?! :lol: )

Xenon Stations are a big X, they could fit 4 Stations making it even harder to kill if they are fully manned with Xenon M6s. Or just the one from the center.

Most Pirate Bases have Station Extensions but only those in Pirate hot spots. Newly spawned Pirate Bases in hot spots have no need for them.. yet. And many far away have no need for them as they are outposts and might give their "secret location" away if the system owners suddenly see a Yaki M6 come through their system. They would probably call in more M6s or Battleships/Carriers to deal with these.

Pirate Hotspots would be where you found the Pirates the most, Atreus Clouds might be for one, as in my game its a weird warzone! Ever since those Khaak came in and started blowing stuff up.. :lol:

Just to touch up some stuff..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”