NEWS: Egosoft announces X³: Reunion, under development

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 22:22

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:it runs at what it feels like so there and sig modified just for you creston :P
You're too kind :P

It's not a 3.8Ghz btw, it's a 3800 :D
*smirks*

Creston

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 23:31

Creston wrote:
TycoonSpaceMan wrote:it runs at what it feels like so there and sig modified just for you creston :P
You're too kind :P

It's not a 3.8Ghz btw, it's a 3800 :D
*smirks*

Creston

Sig was out of date and I lose track of which of my systems does what now this will fingers crossed be my last upgrade before AMD bring out the Dual processer currently known as Toledo and just for you I shall change it to reflect the 3800 to avoid confusion even though if you go on AMD's site they still call it a 3.8 ghz :P
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 23:35

Creston wrote:
dogma911 wrote:
Typical "low-end" config today:

Processor: around 1 GHZ (to 2 GHZ) (P4)
Graphic cards: Radeon 7500 (32 meg), Geforce 3 , etc
Memory: 512 meg
Aw-that makes me below low-end:
2.2Ghz Celeron!
.....256MB Ram, though my crappy SiS 650 gfx uses 64mb of that. I seriously need a new pc.
:O

You were able to play X2 with that??

Yeah you REALLY need a new PC. Or at the least a marginally decent graphics card and preferably another 256 of Ram... :)

Creston
If you have a DDR ram capable board now is a good time to buy aswell as DDR is cheap at the moment
Last edited by TSM on Mon, 4. Apr 05, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Noahthez
x3

Post by Noahthez » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 23:35

I have been lurking arond these pages for the last few weeks waiting for new info. Any idea when we might get some? :gruebel: :?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 4. Apr 05, 23:51

Noahthez wrote:I have been lurking arond these pages for the last few weeks waiting for new info. Any idea when we might get some? :gruebel: :?
Wow - someone finally dragged us back on topic.

Pretty soon is the answer to this. :)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

{Zed}

Post by {Zed} » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 06:12

I have only a few Questions....

Projected PC Requirements?
(hoping the new PC I'm building in a few months can handle it with ease)
Can you Land on Planets in this one? (pet peeve of mine about x2)
Guesstimated Release Date? (doesn't have to be set in stone)

And Finally!
Need any Beta Testers? :D

[Edit]Forgot an important one, if it will be online capable, what measures will be taken to prevent cheating?[/Edit]
Laptop:

CPU: P4 3.06GHz HT
RAM: 1GB DDR 3200
HDD: 40GB 5400RPM 16MB Buffer
Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9000 128MB
Soundcard: Audigy 2Ns PCMCIA
Optical Drives: Dual DVD/CD-RW Combo
Screen: 16.1" UXGA @ 1600x1200

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 07:19

The_Abyss wrote:Wow - someone finally dragged us back on topic.

Idle hands and all that. Pretty soon eh?

*drums fingers on desk*

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 09:10

{Zed} wrote:Projected PC Requirements?
There has been a couple of hints that *most* people who can play X2 can play X3. What are you building?
Quarter 3, this year.
Need any Beta Testers?
Forgot an important one, if it will be online capable, what measures will be taken to prevent cheating?
X3 is not multiplayer.
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 09:12

Lutzie wrote:
Forgot an important one, if it will be online capable, what measures will be taken to prevent cheating?
X3 is not multiplayer.
Yes. This is our solution to stamp out online cheating. :wink:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 09:14

The_Abyss wrote:Yes. This is our solution to stamp out online cheating. :wink:
Excellent solution. :D

I prefer single player games anyway, and I think Egosofts aproach is very good, as it allows full concentration on each aspect, rather than split focus on two projects of the same package.
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 16:01

The_Abyss wrote:
Noahthez wrote:I have been lurking arond these pages for the last few weeks waiting for new info. Any idea when we might get some? :gruebel: :?
Wow - someone finally dragged us back on topic.

I hope that's not the same "soon" that's been 'gracing' the boards at Obsidian Entertainment for their KotOR2 patch for almost two months now... :(

Creston

JohanTheCoder
x3tc

Post by JohanTheCoder » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 16:16

:O

You were able to play X2 with that??

Yeah you REALLY need a new PC. Or at the least a marginally decent graphics card and preferably another 256 of Ram...

Creston
Yeah, It works "quite well" with a "low-end" until things like greed and powerlust "get out of control" and you build tons of factories and start to invade Khaak space now-and-then with a fleet.

Or if you decided to counter-strike an invanding Xenon-fleet with 50 fighters took its toll too on my poor old computer too. :)

My experience is that you shouldnt really believe in "minimal requirements" statments or not even "recommended".

Minimum requirements in games without a limit on how much things can fly around or be around at a certain point is quite hard to calculate. :D

People always do stuff you dont expect them to do (you should know if you are a programmer). :)

X2 is "unlimited" .. You can have" trillions "of stations and "billions" of capital ships and yes.. that demands a fast computer in the long run.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 17:33

"(you should know if you are a programmer) :)"

lol, yeh. "What are these users doing to my bug-less program?"
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Shadow WarrioR

Post by Shadow WarrioR » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 20:41

I have a question to developers:

In X3 will be caching of textures... as in X2?

because i have:

PIII - 800;
GeForce 3 Ti200;
and 256 of Ram.

I know that i'm need to upgrade :D

(Sorry for bad english speaking)...

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 00:31

JohanTheCoder wrote:
My experience is that you shouldnt really believe in "minimal requirements" statments or not even "recommended".
Well, I think most developers mean "minimal requirement to have a decent gameplay experience".
Some developers code well, and thus their game runs far better than "minimally" on such equipment. X2 seems to run decently on low end computers. Sadly, it doesn't run THAT much better on high end equipment, so it's a bit of a tradeoff.

Still, there are plenty of developers whose stuff simply Does Not Run on low end stuff, so...

Creston

imcdonald
x4

Post by imcdonald » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 10:26

lol, yeh. "What are these users doing to my bug-less program?"
Hey, you shouldn't refer to issues as bugs, instead look on the brighter side of life and call then 'Undocumented Features' :o
"Its not how many ideas you have, it's how many you make happen."

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 15:36

i'm shocked microsoft hasn't used that one.

Agifem
x3

Post by Agifem » Thu, 7. Apr 05, 17:25

I must say i'm disappointed. Little did i know about X3 until today, and what i've read from official announcements makes me think X3 will not deserve the money it will be sold for.

-Better graphics : What else do you expect from a sequel ? Something like an OpenGL engine based would at least have opened the way to Linux road. Nope, just more DirectX power-hungry graphics.

-User interface : Well, after all the whining developpers constantly get, i'm not surprised the GUI gets a remake-up. That's always a tricky part, but X² wasn't so bad for this. Does it deserve a saying ? I'm not sure.

-Economy : No offense, but modifying the economy isn't a tricky business. It's just a little maths. But it's true it has a big impact on gameplay.

-Universe Design : Probaly the first (and last) thing i hear about X3 that sounds really new.

So, from what I see, X3 is indeed to big to be an add-on to X², but it's not yet big enough to be X3. The Elite serie and the many many request threads on this forum offer plenty of suggestions on how to improve the game to make it worthwile. If X3 is what i read here, i'm afraid i won't buy it.

But i wish you good luck anyway. I love X².
Sorry about my poor english, i'm french.

Dans tout mensonge gît une part de vérité.

{Zed}

Post by {Zed} » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 06:55

Lutzie wrote:
{Zed} wrote:Projected PC Requirements?
There has been a couple of hints that *most* people who can play X2 can play X3. What are you building?
Not a Set In Stone Spec, but an Example of what it will be.
(Going All Out on this one :D)

Dual Core Athlon 64 FX55
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 5400
MSI K8N Diamond or ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
x2 Geforce 6800 Ultra (SLI Enabled)
x2 WD Raptor SATAII 74GB HDD (RAIDED)
x1 WD Caviar SATAII 250GB HDD
16x DVD-ROM, 16x16 Dual Layer DVD±RW
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro
Logitech® Z-5500 Speaker Set
Logitech diNovo Desktop
Thermaltake Shark Full Tower (Inc various Case Mods)
Quarter 3, this year.
Need any Beta Testers?
Cool, Thanks!
X3 is not multiplayer.
Good to Hear, though Multiplayer would be usefull as an Expansion for after you complete the game.
Laptop:

CPU: P4 3.06GHz HT
RAM: 1GB DDR 3200
HDD: 40GB 5400RPM 16MB Buffer
Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9000 128MB
Soundcard: Audigy 2Ns PCMCIA
Optical Drives: Dual DVD/CD-RW Combo
Screen: 16.1" UXGA @ 1600x1200

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Fri, 8. Apr 05, 09:04

So you're basically building a top spec rig then. You're not going to have trouble running any game. Although why do you need 4gb of RAM? There's nothing out there that will use even half of this, unless you're doing some very intense art work or video work.

As for multiplayer there is one in the pipeline, but it is literally years away. Unless Egosoft have something under wraps, which is always a possibility.

To join DevNet you need to register your X2 game and give details about yourself, then you get access. Make sure you read the forum rules of the DevNet, as it's not like this forum here, the rules are more controlled and strict. Hoep you do join though, it's always nice to get fresh ideas. :)
People, LEARN:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”