[REQUEST]MARS fire control for FL - answered: X3TC/AP version works in X3FL

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Deeparth
x4

[REQUEST]MARS fire control for FL - answered: X3TC/AP version works in X3FL

Post by Deeparth » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 18:43

I never played AP without MARS. It was brilliant. I wonder if there's someone willing to adapt it to FL. Wish I had the time to learn x3 scripting.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [REQUEST]MARS fire control for FL

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 18:57

The script part of MARS works fine in X3FL according to a user report in the German forum here. The user didn't test whether the software would be available, but just added it via a script. However, the main features (Automatic weapon selection, goblibs, hotkey) are working according to his reports. What certainly needs adjustments is the repair drones mod part, as this modifies the TShips files which received some additions / changes in X3FL.

Edit: It's still a good idea to make a backup of your savegames before using MARS, just in case.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 09:14

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 18:57
The script part of MARS works fine in X3FL according to a user report in the German forum here. The user didn't test whether the software would be available, but just added it via a script. However, the main features (Automatic weapon selection, goblibs, hotkey) are working according to his reports. What certainly needs adjustments is the repair drones mod part, as this modifies the TShips files which received some additions / changes in X3FL.

Edit: It's still a good idea to make a backup of your savegames before using MARS, just in case.
I confirm, the script work perfectly.
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 18:36

Nice. Personally I don't need the repair drones because AFAIK drone carriers can do that in fl.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [REQUEST]MARS fire control for FL - answered: X3TC/AP version works in X3FL

Post by N8M4R3 » Sun, 29. May 22, 13:38

Notice: Mars is added to the Community Download List as "FL-Compatible". The Software is also still available to buy at Station/Dock :thumb_up: Did someone maybe adjusted the Tships file for the repair drones meanwhile?
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.17 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 29. May 22, 16:16

Apparently, the following types of weapons have been added to the MK2 Combat Drone: Power Beam, Repair Laser, Mobile Drilling Rig.

Although FL has a miner drone with the same set of weapons. If it is the MK2 Combat Drone that is specified in the script, then we will assume that it has been adapted))

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
Last edited by alexalsp on Thu, 23. May 24, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 23:33

That looks good. Otherwise if it hadn't worked, someone would have reported it :D Thanks a lot alexalsp for providing a adjusted version :)
If you should think about to put it in a own thread, I can do the counterpart to it in the German forum.
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.17 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Mon, 20. May 24, 19:26

Tell me if i'm wrong but installing these fixes reverts Cycrows Unofficial Patch which changes TShips in 06.cat?

I'm trying to make these compatible.
To achieve this i need to diff the changes from cycrow between 04.dat to 06.dat in TShips and diff these changes between 04.dat and MARS mod.

Diffs:
- Most diffs come from 04 (vanilla) to 06 (cycrow)
- 1 diff is from MARS (04 to MARS)
line 034 "SS_SH_A_MK2DRONE"

if i'm not wrong, MARS FL Fix would remove Cycrows fixes and reestablish the FL 04 TShips version.

I'll add the 1 change from MARS to Cycrows Version and create a patch package.

The issue here is not the 1 change from MARS but the many changes from Cycrow which would go lost when installing MARS RepairDrones addon mod.

Results in following packages:
- MARS Script FL compatible
- MARS RepairDrones addon mod FL compatible
- MARS RepairDrones + Crycrow Patch compatible

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=448962
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Tue, 21. May 24, 15:11

Perahoky wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 19:26
if i'm not wrong, MARS FL Fix would remove Cycrows fixes and reestablish the FL 04 TShips version.
Yes that's right when it would be added as higher numbered cat/dat or added into the mods directory, then it would remove the changes from unoffical patch and results in having only the ship settings from offical FL v1.3 with the Mars Repair drones
Perahoky wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 19:26
I'll add the 1 change from MARS to Cycrows Version and create a patch package.
The way sounds good and also to provide it in a apackage with Tships for offical v1.3 and also for v1.3+ for use with the unoffical patch :thumb_up:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 22. May 24, 08:44

MARS fire control - TC / AP / FL (1.3-1.3.16)

mars_5.25-tc-ap-fl_wiz_fixes

- MARS RepairDrones addon mod FL compatible
- MARS RepairDrones + Crycrow Patch compatible
Last edited by alexalsp on Fri, 24. May 24, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Wed, 22. May 24, 21:50

Thank you both for your efforts :)

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Thu, 23. May 24, 11:44

oh thank you.
despite i've already did it on my own but didnt have the time to pack and upload it and i have a few other scripts with problems in FL which i have fixed and am about to (test and) upload.
i'm not this experienced in MSCI.
***Modified***

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 23. May 24, 11:55

Perahoky wrote:
Thu, 23. May 24, 11:44
oh thank you.
despite i've already did it on my own but didnt have the time to pack and upload it and i have a few other scripts with problems in FL which i have fixed and am about to (test and) upload.
i'm not this experienced in MSCI.
Fine. :)

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Fri, 24. May 24, 22:04

Hello,

Thank you for your efforts alexalsp :) :)
But i cannot download your fix because it requires access permissions.
Please try your link in private browser mode to reproduce.
Thank you :)

And i'm reviewing my changes because the drones in my game dont have repairlasers (nor using or specified).

I just learned how to handle x3editor2 correctly.
I created profiles for modded & vanilla TC AP FL.

when i load the Addonmars mod files (Tships) appropriately into the profiles i cant see repairlasers in X3FL but i can see in X3AP.

I still dont know much about the internals of these files, all i did was comparing changes between x3fl, cycrows patch and adjusted mars-mod.

(i wrote this text over 4 hours reverse testing. I backupped my 10 years old directory and completely recreated/validated my X3 directory.)

My assumptions/results, which may be wrong:
- Mars Mod is about adding RepairLasers to drones.
- When i load into X3FL the drones dont specify repairlaser (based on fl-fixed mars-mod (ignoring cycrow's)). When i use X3E2 the MarsMod in X3AP shows repair laser while in X3FL it doesnt
- The X3AP MarsMod TShips is outdated. The TShips differs in a way which is most likely not linked to MARS (e.g. Terran Tyr ship ID 202 is different). But it defines repairlasers.
- X3TC comparison is pending
Edit: TC MarsMod is correct.

I may be misunderstanding something but as far as i can guess .. something is wrong :P

Next:
- X3TC comparison - done, X3TC MarsMod is built upon version
- Detecting differences of MarsMod due to likely outdated versions (e.g. storage, prices etc.)
- Detecting correct changes of MarsMod while ignoring version differencies (e.g. specified lasers)
- Collecting Correct Mars changes (ignoring version diffs), create create for each game and flush to their newest versions
- Comparing to alexalsp changes
- Combining with alexalsp fixes, update versions and build spk packages

maybe i misunderstand something?

Help is very appreciated :)
Thank you for all efforts :)
Have a nice weekend :)

EDIT:
X3TC MarsMod Tships is correct. Version 525 from Gazz website.

Following comparison reports are generated from winmerge. These files contain html which shows the differencies. i did not alter the generated files.
X3TC Comparison Report:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0uwfe2ep ... sfnge&dl=0
Nothing looks off or unrelated to mars.

X3AP Comparison Report:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ok3c1xdf ... 8hftf&dl=0
lines 139, 205, 381 look off and 405-407 are missing.
***Modified***

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 24. May 24, 23:30

Sorry, my oversight. Thank you, access is open.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 25. May 24, 02:51

I checked FL 1.3 and 1.3.16 again
Neither version has a repair laser on the drone. Even in weapon compatibility it is not displayed. There is a power beam. There is no repair laser.
I didn’t notice it before because I didn’t use drones.
I think we need to look deeper. Possibly scripts or other files.

Previously, someone claimed that MARS works without problems, but it turned out not to be entirely true, and let it only be a problem with the drone...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. May 24, 12:31

In FL, the repair lasers subtype has changed, so you will either have to change the weapons compatibility to the new subtype (SG_LASER_UNKNOWN2), or change the ware list to include it as a built in ware.

however, a better way would be to simply use one of the Repair drones from FL, which already have the repair laser built in. This will not need any changes to the types files, and will make it more compatible

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Sat, 25. May 24, 16:39

Hello,

Question:
Yesterday i learned much about TLasers and TShips.
Why was the subtype of the repairlasers changed from subtype SG_LASER_Special in X3AP to SG_LASER_UNKNOWN2 in X3FL ?
(i read your answer after that cycrow)

When i add repairlasers in FL the SPARE LASER 2 is displayed (ingame too).

Using the Repair Drones from FL would require a major change of the script.
Yesterday i looked into the script and they simply use the same drones and logic overall.
Changing this would require to twice much of the code since "repairing" a ships is implemented as just another form of "attacking", but if the ships is friendly the drones change from weapons to repair.

Anyways i created the packges and added repairlasers as its intended to.

i created a plugin manager file. This helps me to track changes of my x3 install.
It's still based on alexasp but i changed directory structure for pluginmanager.

Download Directory:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Thank you and have a nice day!

EDIT:
I can say that everythhing else of MARS works as expected and as far as i can tell. using MARS since 2 weeks on daily play.
Only the RepairdDrones bothered my since my ship was damaged.
The drones didnt use the repairlasers which was the reason for my communication.

but despite i fixed the repairlasers for drones (they are now specified), the script seems to not use them (tested once yesterday).

I know how it looks (typical red repair laser and without any "shocks" on the ship while repairing) because i played in the past with mod.
***Modified***

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 25. May 24, 17:16

I changed the TLaser and the Repair Laser appeared, but from Cycrow's words It can mess up the rest of the ships in the game using the tractor beam.

So it is very good that the Fighting Drone MK2 is not required to be installed when using MARS.

Cycrow suggested using the repair drone, but I didn't find it in TShips.

Perhaps a way out would be, if it is possible, to add a subgroup with a repair laser and use it instead of the CPECIAL group. But that would need to be researched, so as not to wait for someone who knows the scripts and can fix it.

You can do without that drone though.....

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. May 24, 18:53

the reason for the change in FL, was so the repair laser no longer shared a slot with the Mining Laser or Tractor beam. Instead it was added as a built in ware where it was needed (Space Suit and drones)

The spare lasers also share that same slot, so in FL the lasers in SG_LASER_UNKNOWN2 is used primarily for weapons that are built in, so ships in general don't have compatibility for it.

you could still use the Drone Raider (Split Drone) that has both laser and repair laser, it switches out weapons depending on what command its running

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”