Patch, Add on, or mod to generate engine sound while in cockpit...please!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dethloc

Patch, Add on, or mod to generate engine sound while in cockpit...please!

Post by Dethloc » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 20:08

Hey All!

New to X2 The Threat. I'd like to try X3TC but my system can't handle it, (I know I'm running a desktop Dinosaur with @ gig processor and 512 megs of RAM.

I really like X2 the Threat but one thing that bothers me (a lot) is that there is no engine noise while in the cockpit. I REALLY miss that.

Odd thing is I get a really cool engine noise when pressing the F1 external view key, which would be the opposite as there is air (hence sound) in the cockpit and none in space.

My question is that is there some patch, add-on, mod or whatever that can add an engine noise or switch the sound you get when pressing the F1 external key to. I've poured through the forums but can't seem to find one. Please help.

Having no engine sound in the background while flying really kills the experience for me as I don't get that feeling of flying through space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 14:27

x2 engines cant sound from inside cuz of closed doors :D but if ur handile an m5 class the engine sound shoud be faster but u cant hear engine from inside xD

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 14:30

x3 tc was a cool game thru...my system cant handile it too cuz of alot of lag and there is no cockpit or inside docking

Dethloc

Post by Dethloc » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 04:32

Hey Pilots!

I kinda found a workaround, I just replaced the sound files with a files of an engine noise I picked up on the web. I just renamed all the files to the ones in the soundtrack dir.

Works pretty good and I have that feeling of the engine a humming as I kill.

Oboy!

Thax for the replies.

See you all in space.....

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”