Readtext problems

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Helios01
xr

Readtext problems

Post by Helios01 » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 13:27

Hello, I am using Czech version of this great game, patched to 1.5 by a Czech patch. Recently I installed PHX mod with some addons, but in the game I see some readtext errors, instead of names of some ships. Could you please help me how to get rid of this?

Do I really need to reinstall the game to English version, or could I just edit some files? Thanks for reply
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 15:52

Do you have a link to that mod?

Readtext errors normally point to damaged or not exisiting text files. If the readtext errors first appeared, after you installed the mod, than the mod most likely doesn't have Czech text files. You can circumvent that problem by renaming the text files.
To do so, go to the "t"-folder of your X2: The Threat installation directory. It should contain some .pck files (you can ignore these) and most likely also one or more .xml files that contain the mod's texts. The files are named after the following naming convention:

xxyyyy.xml

xx - stands for the language id. The game will automatically take the files with the same language you also play the game in. The language id for English is 44, the one for Czech is 48.

yyyy - stands for the text id. Often page id and text id are the same. So, if the first four numbers of the readtext errors match the four last numbers of the text file you most likely have found the appropriate text file.

If you have found the mod's text file, make a copy of it and rename it, so it starts with 42 instead of 44. Afterwards open the .xml file with a text editor and change the language id at the top of the file from 44 to 42 as well. Save your changes afterwards and start the game/load a save.

You will now see the English texts of the mod instead of the Readtext errors. Nevertheless, The readtext errors will still be shown as names of objects that were already created.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”