PSE - Player Station Exchange mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jonson27
x2

Post by Jonson27 » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 19:34

Woah. Been a year.

I haven't touched X2 since that time. Ack. I should have just released it. I didn't have the fortitude to take it further anyway.

It's actually pretty cool, but meh. There're a lot of cool scripts here.

To summarize, the scripts I made allowed you to make automated factory loops that used ships to move goods around. What you'd do is buy a ship then assign it a homebase then give it orders to trade with another one of your stations. You did this for each station, for each good. That's all you did. Then you hired a sector administrator so that when an enemy is in the sector near your assets all of the ships in your factory loops in that sector would automatically dock. When the enemy leaves, the ships automatically continue their duties.

When I set about making them all I wanted was an automated factory loop. A loop that would produce income without me being involved. That's what I accomplished within the constraints of mostly vanilla x2.

I ran these scripts for a long time at full acceleration, including when I went to bed, and the only potential problem I encountered was a very rare collision problem (there was another collision problem with gates but i figured that one out). If I recall correctly, I did change some values to help decrease this chance, but I think ti's still there. I never got around to coding a ship reserve script to replace ships when they accidentally crash into eachother or crash into the station itself. That would have resolved it.

A very fun potential is hte menu system. The menu system uses the incoming messages feature. With it, you can access menus and submenues. I added it so that you could interact with the sector administrator and differnet features of hte PSE without using actual ship command slots. It could be expanded as a form of communication with other ships or stations. I thought for a while about adding new tasks to the game that would use the menu system like a communication interface. For example, if a ship needs your help, it could send you a message via this menu system and you could interact. I know a lot of other mods have done this, and I was intrigued by this possibility.

But for now, I am not really interested in playing x2. I just came back to look at the forum. X2 is a very fun game. I love hte universal random map generator. I think that was my favorite utility for x2. You can do just about anything you want in X2. Time is the only limitation.
Hello there!! (Jumping up and down)

ScifiGuy7
x3ap

Player Station Exchange mod?

Post by ScifiGuy7 » Thu, 16. Jun 11, 18:59

Hi guys! :D

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Jonson27 was developing a Player Station Exchange mod which made your transport ships dock at the nearest friendly base when Khaak or Xenon appeared in the same sector as your assigned Sector Administrator.

As seen here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243286

I'm looking for this script or something similar so that the Khaak don't destroy all of my transport ships when I leave the game running all night. :evil:

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance. :roll:

{Merged, as is customary in S&M Fora. :) jlehtone}

Jonson27
x2

Re: Player Station Exchange mod?

Post by Jonson27 » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 06:35

ScifiGuy7 wrote:Hi guys! :D

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Jonson27 was developing a Player Station Exchange mod which made your transport ships dock at the nearest friendly base when Khaak or Xenon appeared in the same sector as your assigned Sector Administrator.

As seen here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243286

I'm looking for this script or something similar so that the Khaak don't destroy all of my transport ships when I leave the game running all night. :evil:

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance. :roll:

{Merged, as is customary in S&M Fora. :) jlehtone}
Woah! Been another year about since I've been here. The years fall quick like the Lakers did to the Mavericks. This game is already 8 years old! I guess I shouldn't feel strange coming here since the earth is billions of years old and there're billions of galaxies. But...

Strange thing is, I've been playing Entropia Universe and the music on Calypso reminded me so much of X2. I swear the composer must be the same guy or something. The sound that it makes whne you enter a Sleipner Mk1 is just like the sound in X2 when you're using menues. Anyway, that got me thinking about X2 and some of the things I still haven't done in that game. There's just not enough time in this world for all the things out there. I just have so much nostalgia for old things. I think people who find it hard to change are like that. They get emotionally attached to things in a way that splits them apart.

If you want the script, I can email it to you. I sent you a PM with my email in it. Send me an email and I'll reply with the scripts compressed as an attachment. I'm too lazy to find out where to put these scripts. To be honest, they're not good enough for public consumption. There should be a PSE addon that you have to buy and a few other things I never got around to doing. For me, the scripting system was like a part of the game. I felt a sense of reward when I completed a script just like when I made my first 10 million credits. A lot of the fun was something only a coder can understand. So what I ended up with was a catalog of my journeys in the form of a bunch of scripts. It wasn't about making it for other players as much as it should have been.
Hello there!! (Jumping up and down)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”