[- UPDATE -] Camouflage Device ST1 - Version 1.05 04/14/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SharpW
x3

Post by SharpW » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 15:18

I copied all of the files in their respective folders, and the device also shows up in the stations, and can be installed, but when I go to the Command Console to activate the device, the "ReadText" problem occurs... What to do?

Thanks,

Sharp

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 17:29

SharpW wrote:I copied all of the files in their respective folders, and the device also shows up in the stations, and can be installed, but when I go to the Command Console to activate the device, the "ReadText" problem occurs... What to do?

Thanks,

Sharp
this prob. means you have an other script installed that uses the same command (standard 'read-text'-problem) ..

-what to do ??.. check all the files in your 't'-folder .. and see what 'command-number' they use .. when/if there are duplicate-numbers .. change 1 off em (or as much so there's only 1 command using the number )

G

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 17:49

SharpW wrote:I copied all of the files in their respective folders, and the device also shows up in the stations, and can be installed, but when I go to the Command Console to activate the device, the "ReadText" problem occurs... What to do?
My script define the command-text at page-id 2010 with text-id 1217 inside my language file 447778.xml.
Another script use the text-id (command-id) No. 1217 at page-id 2010 too. There is no way to avoid conflicts like this. There are more scripts out there than numbers available.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 19:30

well you can mod 't'-files a lot .. just think about command A being used for fighters .. now you can have it also on transporters .. but than calling an other script .. this way you can use 1 command-number for several purposes ..;)

SharpW
x3

Post by SharpW » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 14:59

I've tried all you've said, but the problem keeps on showing up. I also tried different scripts, such as the NavSoft and the TUDS, but the same thing keeps on happening. Going into the t folders to check for duplicates won't help either, as there are none. The only other script(s) I'm using are the signed bundle with the gunnery crew, nav comm MK3, autotrader, etc., so there are no conflicts I can think of.
Could it be that I'm running an Italian version of the game (english audio and video with Italian writing)?

Sharp

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 15:14

most likelly ..

just change the 44****.xml file to ##****.xml (where ## is the language-number and **** the number off the actual file ..)

SharpW
x3

Post by SharpW » Sun, 19. Jun 05, 15:42

Red Spot wrote:most likelly ..

just change the 44****.xml file to ##****.xml (where ## is the language-number and **** the number off the actual file ..)

I changed the numbers to 39, Italy's language-number, but it still won't work. What I noticed is that all of the xml's installed in the game's t folder are coupled with a .pck file. By the way, other scripts are working in the game using the 44 language number, so the language could not be the issue...

Sharp

davidglenn
x3tc

ONe little problem

Post by davidglenn » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 21:38

Hey love the script it was gret till i went to the priate anchary station I had one even jumped into the Kahkkrk sector and flew aroud with no one bugging me until i blew somthing up ( Tho strangly i coudl sit there and unload on the station and i dident do a thing lol) But when i went to taht praite station to scope things out in my Goner ship i was fine for a few min then all of a sudden the laser towers targeted me and befor i could use my jump drive it was over
Life is what makes us who we are but life without Love is not a life at all.

SpaceTycoon
x4

Re: ONe little problem

Post by SpaceTycoon » Tue, 16. Aug 05, 19:33

davidglenn wrote:Hey love the script it was gret till i went to the priate anchary station I had one even jumped into the Kahkkrk sector and flew aroud with no one bugging me until i blew somthing up ( Tho strangly i coudl sit there and unload on the station and i dident do a thing lol) But when i went to taht praite station to scope things out in my Goner ship i was fine for a few min then all of a sudden the laser towers targeted me and befor i could use my jump drive it was over
The script don't affect enemy laser towers or enemy stations. It only affects enemy ships! :)
Because laser towers are not normal ships, they are 'stationary ships' (similiar to Nav Satellite).

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 16:39

Changes in Version 1.04 - 08/17/2005:

1. Automatic change of race relation
By activation of the device now the relation settings of the ship to the first eight races are changed to 'friend'. It is still neccessary to set "Show as enemy if enemy to me" to "Yes" because this function cannot set by script.
The Friend/Foe setting of races 'Goner' and 'Unknown' are not changed further more! Because I use them in another script of mine for special functions. So these settings should left like the player selected.

aikjo2
x4

Post by aikjo2 » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 23:38

ever seen the ship going into the warpgate? see how it goes semi transparent foar a sec? maybe this image could be loaded in place of the ship while the cloak is on.

and-

cloak a carrier, say- split
move it pretty dang close to a xenon station
parallel park it
decloak
imagine the looks on the digital display of those robots! to see an m1 appear _ right next to them, and perfectly parked.
then warp in your other carriers you hacked in and let the butts be @#$%ed
Eagles May Soar,
But rabbits don't get sucked into jet engines.

BoomerM6
x3tc

Post by BoomerM6 » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 16:42

Hello,

Anyone can say where are the 3 secrets base who sell this cool upgrade please?

Thanks.

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Sun, 27. Sep 09, 14:18

i dont mean to be a grave digger or thread necro or wotever its called these days :lol:

After installed in ship you can activate the Device as follows:
- Go to command menue of the ship
- Go to one of the both command slots at "Additional commands"
- Press ENTER. Choose "Camouflage Device active" - ENTER.

ok so i cheated and put it my mamba( through the script editor add upgrades to ship) but it did not go to the top where things get installed (missiles,etc) it went to the botom: freight( i think)

all it has on it is eject. i did however do the "other" ship commands but nothing for activating device. i did not install the download as i screwed up RAR files for life i guess ( :o i chose to open them with XML Editor from pc choose open with program list and left the box checked use this program always for such and such files. :o )<------ this might be considered trolling but if you dont know what i did then it dont make sense. so there goes the RAR files :o :headbang: :rant: :gruebel:

ahh so anyway is it because i did not "buy" it that i cannot activate it?(or have not options to activate{[ Wonder Twins ACTIVATE! ]} :rofl:

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 18:56

Important change to the script:
Changed the init.camouflageST1.xml to new file "setup.camouflageST1.xml".

If you used this script before, its important to DELETE the init.camouflageST1.xml after installation of this new script!

And some other minor changes in the script.

romirodri

Post by romirodri » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 01:14

Hi. Great job. It works with the spanish version? I've installed but i have no luck with this. Does not appear in the menu

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 09:28

romirodri wrote:Hi. Great job. It works with the spanish version? I've installed but i have no luck with this. Does not appear in the menu
If you use the spanisch Version of :x2: (script works only with this version, no newer version):

Open folder "t".
Open file 447778.xml in a text editor.
Change the line <language id="44"> to your spanish language id.
I guess it may be "34" but not sure.
If its "34" change the 44 to 34 and save the changed file.
Rename the file 447778.xml to 347778.xml.

You wont get spanish messages, but english.
Because the text inside the file 447778.xml is english.
But the device should work (if there is no conflict with another script).

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”