[MOD] P. X. D. mod Alpha v0.95

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 14:43

DannyD wrote:Pm for secotr is good for you?
You can simply write here new sector names - in the mod topic.

Update: 08.01.2012
==============
Created ADDON - New game starts v1.0 for P. X. D. mod Alpha v0.95.
This small Addon add 3 new game starts and fixed Smuggler start.
More information you found into the ADDON readme files.

You can download new ADDON from the P. X. D. mod download folder.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 18:29

[ Goner Sector]

1. Universal brotherhood
Sector where Goner begin their "jurney"

2. Star of Faith

Goner believe that the star in this sector is made by our God to lead the way

3. Light of Judgement

In this sector the sins are judged

4. Sea of ​​Faith

Goner, comes in this sector to pray and be in absolute solitude with their faith

5. Visions

An ancient legend said that in this sector a Goner have see a sign from God

Pirates

1. Miranda ( many thanks, Firefly )

In this sector Pirates discovered some ancient ruins from an unknown races. Given the great value and the strategic position, they claim the sector and made an outpost

2. Darkness

This sector is located in a "portion" of space without star. In this way they have made their station calmly and without interference from other race.

3. Anarchy

The Pirate use this sector for supplying, and the people in the two planets are used as slaves. However, given the precarious balance between the pirate factions, this sector is almost always at war.

4. Unknown Horizon

This sector is a mistery. No ships we know coming out from this sector. Some people suspect the Pirates have made a sort of Base, or they have more ships than there were expecting. What we can find in this sector?

5. Black Pearl

This sector is another mistery. Some pilot go back alive from this sector said that they saw a ship with a hull totally black, and powerful and so "high", so "grat". Surely are only rumors from drunks. However, this Pirates sector is very dungerous. Don't pass through the gate without a well-equipped ship

Sorry for the description. I've made some lines to explain better my idea for the name.

For Split and Boron I've some issue, but I think in 1 or 2 day I made the names :)

You can change, delete, rename or what you want with this sectors :)

Hope to help

Bye!

Daniele
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

luka68
x3tc

Post by luka68 » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:18

I started the Mod last night........ wonderful.... Ciao :D

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 07:20

@DannyD
Good Goner and Pirates sector names and descriptions :D , I will add them in the new galaxy map.
luka68 wrote:I started the Mod last night........ wonderful
I'm glad you like it.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 23:20

I've an idea for planets. To improve the "realism" of the game, IF is possible, could be a good idea to "reduce" the size of all the planets and move the sector near the orbit. Yeah we'll have sectors with planets without their orbit but atm we've the same no? Not only! In X3/TC/AP we've planets/stars/etc etc bind in the background, but with this "trick" the universe is more realistic because in a real world, we can have the gates far but "our" station ( npc/player obviously ) should be close to "our" planets.

Sat/Sun next Boron/Split sector

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 07:59

DannyD wrote:I've an idea for planets. To improve the "realism" of the game, IF is possible, could be a good idea to "reduce" the size of all the planets and move the sector near the orbit. Yeah we'll have sectors with planets without their orbit but atm we've the same no? Not only! In X3/TC/AP we've planets/stars/etc etc bind in the background, but with this "trick" the universe is more realistic because in a real world, we can have the gates far but "our" station ( npc/player obviously ) should be close to "our" planets.
This is interesting idea, only problem is Planet texture detalization - because planet 3D model are gigantic compared with ships or stations.
If move planet so close to the sector center - planet texture looks awful - very low detailed.
I will try to increase planet texture detalization by change texture size or retextured planet 3D model.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 09:43

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
DannyD wrote:I've an idea for planets. To improve the "realism" of the game, IF is possible, could be a good idea to "reduce" the size of all the planets and move the sector near the orbit. Yeah we'll have sectors with planets without their orbit but atm we've the same no? Not only! In X3/TC/AP we've planets/stars/etc etc bind in the background, but with this "trick" the universe is more realistic because in a real world, we can have the gates far but "our" station ( npc/player obviously ) should be close to "our" planets.
This is interesting idea, only problem is Planet texture detalization - because planet 3D model are gigantic compared with ships or stations.
If move planet so close to the sector center - planet texture looks awful - very low detailed.
I will try to increase planet texture detalization by change texture size or retextured planet 3D model.
Yeah I know. I've this idea because is possible only on X2 ( in X3 etc etc ) the planets are on the background

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 21:59

:lol: mod looks awesome when the kha'ak ship and back lazers are aded i prefer to add lazers at forward cockpit mate and also the ship can carry 500 rockets lol very good work :)

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 22:02

i forgot i was meaning the kha'ak M0 sry again xD :P

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 22:07

http://vimeo.com/34417470 this is my made of video of my kha'ak fleet that im making and im showing you about the backward guns of the pxd mod i wonder if u can add forward guns xDD cuz the rockets when i launch are slow xD pls ty :)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 07:44

bulgaria wrote:http://vimeo.com/34417470 this is my made of video of my kha'ak fleet that im making and im showing you about the backward guns of the pxd mod i wonder if u can add forward guns xDD cuz the rockets when i launch are slow xD pls ty :)
I will add much more guns to the Khaak M0 ship, I planning to add more weapons, I simply wasn't time for that and I will check Khaak missiles speed too.

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 13:14

:D thanks man il keep an eye of the site for a new version pxd mod fix witch the kha'ak m0 :)

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 15:24

:lol: i prefer u coud add some new kha'ak ships too :) like kha'ak transporter :D

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 23:21

:D i hope the kha'ak m0 will be done soon :)

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 23:32

:P its also good idea of adding new weapons :)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 07:54

bulgaria wrote::D i hope the kha'ak m0 will be done soon :)
I will try to make Khaak M0 ship weapon upgrade fix this weekend.
I will release separate fix for the mod and instruction - how to install this fix into the P. X. D. mod Alpha v0.95.
I don't want to release new mod version, because too small update for new mod version.
bulgaria wrote:i prefer u coud add some new kha'ak ships too like kha'ak transporter
We will add few new Khaak ships - M3 class and maybe also M4, M5, but not transporter (TS) class ships, because I think Khaak don't need their own trading economy (production stations, TS class ships), they mission are hunt player in the universe. :khaak:

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 10:27

Zeron-mk7 wrote: We will add few new Khaak ships - M3 class and maybe also M4, M5, but not transporter (TS) class ships, because I think Khaak don't need their own trading economy (production stations, TS class ships), they mission are hunt player in the universe. :khaak:
totally agree :)

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 11:00

well yeah i forgot the kha'ak using jumpdrive to atack....they dont do any tradings :lol:

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 11:11

:D i coud try add texture of one of the kha'ak sectors to be the kha'ak hive like x3 if you know how it looks :lol:

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 11:59

bulgaria wrote::D i coud try add texture of one of the kha'ak sectors to be the kha'ak hive like x3 if you know how it looks :lol:
In the X2 can't add new textures - you can only replacing existing textures. :(
You mean - add new sector background texture ?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”