Index of Bonus X2 Plug-Ins

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 31. Oct 04, 23:19

First page updated with new patrol script and updates to some other scripts.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

APOLLO13
x3tc

Post by APOLLO13 » Mon, 1. Nov 04, 02:43

Thanks to ticaki and Burianek we have a bumper- sooper- dooper prezzie to play with :D :D :D . Thanks guys it was worth the *extra* few hours wait.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 1. Nov 04, 11:47

Many thanks - sorry about being cheeky the other night.

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Mon, 1. Nov 04, 20:51

We need MarkLaverty's Fight Software MK3. It's really awesome, but it currently conflicts with SDS.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 4. Nov 04, 02:35

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:We need MarkLaverty's Fight Software MK3. It's really awesome, but it currently conflicts with SDS.
Its being work on to bring it up to standards of 1.4 and removeing the conflicts. And it will have all its bells and whistles too :)
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 7. Nov 04, 23:44

new patrol script update, check main page for details

djleo9
x3tc

It's ok...they'll win next year :)

Post by djleo9 » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 19:56

Burianek wrote:
KarlHemmings wrote: Come on 500 on topic ticaki that deserves a new script. Or is Burianek in a huff after the Soks took the World Championship?
LOL I was thrilled about the Sox, anything but the Yankees again. (sorry anyone from NY)
Just putting finishing touches on.
I'm from New York and I'm sick of them winning :o :roll: :twisted:
A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

J0HND03
xr

Post by J0HND03 » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 10:06

Hi,

not to sound impatient, but is there actually anything new today, or why has the date been updated?

There's nothing both in the first post and my personalised download page.

Cheers,

JD

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 12:47

Coming Soon!
- Advanced turret controls

Promoted from hopefully coming soon......

Tecnofreak
x3

Post by Tecnofreak » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 17:19

Yay! is it one of tickaki's (sp) scripts... more hidden extras?
Sometimes a smile is all it takes to cheer a person. A hug does ten times more. But a laugh... that can change the world...

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 17:26

the patrol script wasn't really ticaki's but that didn't stop him putting extras in...
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 20:46

I know of no extras that will be going into the turret scripts.
But then , that's not really worth much, as I was unaware any 'extras' were going into my patrol scripts. :D
We'll all find out together.
At any rate, with or without extras, Reven's turret scripts are amazing. Those of you who've been playing versions 2.1-2.9 (or wherever he left off) I'm pretty sure will be astounded anew at the amount of work that's gone into 3.0 (the soon™ to be signed version)
Hmm, I'm pretty sure we can think up something particularly evil to do with these scripts.... :twisted:
Stay tuned!

Tecnofreak
x3

Post by Tecnofreak » Thu, 25. Nov 04, 23:36

I think it sould be nice if the other stations from the old scripts were given the correct name in this script... and perhaps a special Tealdi building would go down well... hint hint!
Sometimes a smile is all it takes to cheer a person. A hug does ten times more. But a laugh... that can change the world...

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 03:11

Tecnofreak wrote:Yay! is it one of tickaki's (sp) scripts... more hidden extras?
Hmm, I have installed this script (and started a new game), but I don't know what "extras" you are talking about. Could someone please elaborate or point me to the appropriate thread (I did a search which yielded a ton of fluff)? On a separate note, the patrol and the turret ideas are awesome. It seems like we are finally moving away from trading scripts -which are great- and now concentrating on polishing the fighting elements of the game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 09:17

Spoiler. Do not click if you want to find the "extras" for yourself.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Wed, 5. Jan 05, 08:38

Wouldn't it make sense to put TP rename in the all in one package as well? You can still choose not to install it anyway. That way everything is in a single package rather than most things plus exceptions.

Post by Guest » Wed, 5. Jan 05, 09:04

graphil wrote:Wouldn't it make sense to put TP rename in the all in one package as well? You can still choose not to install it anyway. That way everything is in a single package rather than most things plus exceptions.
I consider the bonus material included in the all-in-one package an integral part of X2 (everyone may not) that has a continuing in-game use/effect.

The TP rename script is a one shot script that only needs to be used after patching from versions of the game earlier than 1.4 that actually have saved games (specifically if they have player owned TPs in those saved games). Anyone playing for the first time, or starting again with version 1.4 will never need to use this script. Therefore I cannot see the justifaction for including it the All-in-One package of bonus material.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 00:00

I'd like it if the individial scripts were still downloadable individually....... (not likely)
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 01:27

It's too difficult with all of the file versioning potential errors.
Every time one script with a common file was updated we had to release new version of all of the scripts (which meant copying data like 8 times more than needed)
Plus, users weren't downloading the new, say Patrol script, when all they wanted was the Gunnery Crew script. Then they'd have an old version of a script on their hard drive, which they would occasionally install over newer ones, causing all sorts of errors.
Now, you have a package, with one set of common files. There's no way to screw up your game, all of the files on your hard drive are all up to date with respect to eachother. (and it's a lot easier for us to just have one copy of each file)
This only comes at the cost of a 1.3MB download as opposed to the much smaller individual ones available earlier. Even on a 56k modem, that's only 15 minutes or so.
What other downsides to a combined package do you see? We'll try to address them. (if possible)

Diogo Marzo
x3tc

Post by Diogo Marzo » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 06:03

This package sounds great, but I haven't gotten it to work. I wanted exactly the patrol and gunnery upgrades... the recent ones, and I downloaded the package and ran it and nothing changed. No upgrades... I mean, I have them from before, but not the changes, like friend/foe with patrol and new numbers for how many crew are required per ship. anyway, if I should post this on tech support sorry about that, otherwise if anyone has ideas I would appreciate them. Thanks.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”