[BONUS ADD-ON] SDS Station Delivery Service

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Spark
x2

Post by Spark » Tue, 28. Sep 04, 22:26

ticaki wrote:nothing is new for the english and german ppl... only for the french and italian :)

Greets ticaki
Gnarph :(
In spite of The Bug? Pity.

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Sat, 16. Oct 04, 22:47

Okay! What gives!

I downloaded the sds thing and put all the stuff in the correct t and script folders. now what? I started the game again and I dont see any more command options in the trade menu or any other menu for that matter. I checked a few of the file names in the downloaded folders vs. the names of the files in the SDS readme and they seem to differ a bit, like one file: "plugin.KriMe.SDS.init" (this one is the file) "init.KriMe.SDS.Command.xml" (this one is the file name specified in the readme)

How do I get this thing to work!
God's Final Message to His Creation:
We apologize for the inconvenience.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Oct 04, 22:57

As I said in DevChat, I'm no expert, but I think you actually have to buy SDS to install into each ship you want to use it in. I don't think it just appears automatically.

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Sat, 16. Oct 04, 23:44

ya, as I read the previous pages of this forum i saw that, but i checked the paranid equipment in paranid prime and i didnt see anything new...

ugh, anyone having similar problems? Anyone figured it out?

Spark
x2

Post by Spark » Sat, 16. Oct 04, 23:50

jeffkretz wrote:ya, as I read the previous pages of this forum i saw that, but i checked the paranid equipment in paranid prime and i didnt see anything new...

ugh, anyone having similar problems? Anyone figured it out?
As I said in Devchat :) (you didn't see that little comment, didn't you), that it sounds like you installed it manually and forget to move a file.
If not: CBJ is right. Look again in the Paranid dock.

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Sun, 17. Oct 04, 00:36

Okay, so heres the problem i believe I am running into. The files that are downloaded do nit match the files specified in the readme under the installation directions. When I downloaded it the first time i downloaded it straight to my X2 directory, but no luck with that, so I then downloaded it to my desktop and tried following the install instructions. Once I downloaded it I say thre readme, a "script" file and a "t" on my desktop. I opened the readme and the folders and this is what I saw:

in the script folder the files were:
lib.ship.var.setpilotname.xml
lib.station.money.stat2station.xml
plugin.krime.sds.init.xml
plugin.krime.sdsone.xml
plugin.krime.sdsthree.xml
plugin.krime.sdstwo.xml
setup.plugin.krime.sds.xml

And in the t folder:
335066.xml
395066.xml
445066.xml
495066.xml

AND NOW WHAT THE README SAYS TO DO:

Installation:
Copy the files

init.KriMe.SDS.Command.xml
KriMe.init.scout.trader.xml
KriMe.SDSone.xml
KriMe.SDStwo.xml
KriMe.SDSthree.xml

to the X²/scripts-folder and the files

495066.xml
445066.xml

to the X²/t-folder.

The Script starts automatically when loading the game.

you see my dilemma...

Anyone run into this?

more importantly, anyone run into this and figured out what to do?...

Black Sunrise
x3

Post by Black Sunrise » Sun, 17. Oct 04, 00:56

page 1 in this thread has a few posts about the readme being wrong and accounts for the extra files
A shadowed dawn shall rise across your world as my armada blocks the light of the sun

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Sun, 17. Oct 04, 01:03

ya, still doesnt seem to answer much as to why it doesnt work or how to install it now...

Spark
x2

Post by Spark » Sun, 17. Oct 04, 09:15

No, it doesn't. I have been raving about filelists. Mkess said to trust him, it is correct.
The 3-files are language files. They are German maybe.
Hm.
Dunno.
Let's make a big statement:
Maybe what happened is what I was afraid of. The newer library files got overwritten by older ones......
Now let's see if a mod responds.
I have no time for devnet today. You might ask there.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 10:54

Had the oddest thing yesterday.
I have an SDS Caimen (Split TS) delivering Ore to my BPPC forge and GPPC forge; had been running for some time as I had one BPPC in stock and one GPPC being built; the ship got jumped by a Pirate and took hull damage. Got the hull fixed - time to restart SDS deliver 2
Select ore mine
enter 140
select BPPC
select GPPC
Command accepted - however on checking the ship it is sitting at command none.

It would accept SDS deliver 1 - either to the BPPC or GPPC but not deliver 2.
The BPPC was in need of Ore and the GPPC was 75% full of ore.
I then gave it SDS deliver 3;
select ore mine
enter 140
select BPPC
select GPPC
select BPPC
Command accepted and off it goes happy as the day is long; only this is space etc; still its now working. Just wanted to flag this in case it was of interest.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 18:48

don't know if you checked this but it's worth confiming that the ship wasn't moving. When you start the script under certain conditions it doesn't always update the command status to reflect reality, but it IS performing the command.

This always happens with the "swap pilot" command, for instance, and the time I noticed it happening elsewhere was when the SDS ship was not already at its home station.

Of course you may have checked this and found it WAS dead in space in which case it's a bug :)

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 22. Oct 04, 10:12

@frymaster
The ship was docked at the shipyard after repair with no orders/commands.

I re-tried it last night with the ship docked at the ore mine and command set as none - and same thing.
To be honest the GPPC has a dedicated ore mine to top it up and so having the SDS deliver 3 - even though two of those is my BPPC - is fine with me.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 22. Oct 04, 14:57

Just started using this for the first time and not sure if I am doing it right. Is there any way to check. Also I set a ship in my Bio gas Factory to del to my Bofu factory at 288 credits ( min to stay even ) and my Bofu factory has space for more but it just sits in my bio gas factory with SDS wait displayed even though there are 17 biogas there. Does it wait for a certain amount or am I doing something wrong

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 22. Oct 04, 15:25

Trevelvis wrote:Just started using this for the first time and not sure if I am doing it right. Is there any way to check. Also I set a ship in my Bio gas Factory to del to my Bofu factory at 288 credits ( min to stay even ) and my Bofu factory has space for more but it just sits in my bio gas factory with SDS wait displayed even though there are 17 biogas there. Does it wait for a certain amount or am I doing something wrong
Hi - when you start the SDS you will get a message to your log - I rename my TS along the lines of;
OB-Ore-A-Sell 2 BPPC GPPC
Ore Belt Ore Mine Alpha - Selling to ... well you get the picture
There needs to be about 10% in stock before the SDS will make its run; which is why you will see SDS wait. Can be frustrating if the receiving fab is short on supply - but that is the way it works.

Temmujin
x2

Post by Temmujin » Tue, 16. Nov 04, 18:06

Need help.

Can I install this script after installing BPH trader or will it mess up the BPH update when it overwrites some of the scripts?

ticaki
x3

Post by ticaki » Tue, 16. Nov 04, 18:08

you can!

Greets ticaki
Zur Zeit nicht aktiv

Temmujin
x2

Post by Temmujin » Tue, 16. Nov 04, 18:50

ticaki wrote:you can!

Greets ticaki

Danke'

Good job on some of these scripts. Will the new version in 2005 incorporate these new signed scripts?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 16. Nov 04, 19:19

they'll still be available as add-ons
whether or not they'll be packaged with the game or available as seperate downloads, i dunno. not sure if that's been decided yet.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

swisstony
x3

Post by swisstony » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 11:00

A bit confused.

I set the homebase of a dolphin to silicon mine (for example) and then select SDS delivery 1, then choose the crystal fab. Then it asks for cr per unit, I put in 0, it then asks me to specify a location again, so I select Crystal fab, at which point it says command accepted and its homebase is crystal fab???!?!!

what am i doing wrong?

thanks

swiss

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 17:02

if it's any consolation, you're doing what quite a lot of us did

The first station inputed is the home base (you don't have to set one in the command console), then the price, then 1-3 delivery locations.
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”