how to install more than one script????

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

janonol
x3

how to install more than one script????

Post by janonol » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 12:29

question: i have installed the new official trading script.

now i noticed it installed 2 files in a subdirectory 't' of your 'script' directory. these files seem to contain text descriptions for feedback from scripting system.

the QUESTION is HOW can i install other scrit without overwriting the file saved in 't'? it seems that most scripts out there have an identically named file that they also want to put in folder 't'.

so that will overite the old descriptrs with ones completely unrelated.

please help.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 12:48

the only script that i have come across that has a file to go in the "t" folder is burnits script.

If you are talking about 3rd part scripts using the same file your in trouble until the guy who wrote it either changes it or incorperates the official one into the file.

I know nothing about scripting so i could be wrong :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 12:55

thanks. I'm not going to risk screwing up the egosoft sanctioned trade script.

but one or two of the 3rd party scriptsthat also have a file named the same as burnits also look really really good.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 15:32

rename one of the offending files to some thing like 441003.xml then add the script command load text: id=1003 to the init.* script of the package it belongs to. (or any init.* script I suppose it doesn't matter as long as it's loaded :roll: )

notes:
  • you need to have the two digit language code first, 44 for english
    if you use a name like 440004.xml you drop the leading 0's when entering the id number in the script: load text: id=4
The only package I know uses this at the moment it my automining script.

VALENSN
x3

Re: how to install more than one script????

Post by VALENSN » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 15:47

janonol wrote:question: i have installed the new official trading script.

now i noticed it installed 2 files in a subdirectory 't' of your 'script' directory. these files seem to contain text descriptions for feedback from scripting system.

the QUESTION is HOW can i install other scrit without overwriting the file saved in 't'? it seems that most scripts out there have an identically named file that they also want to put in folder 't'.

so that will overite the old descriptrs with ones completely unrelated.

please help.
I just manually copy and paste the information from the script I want to add into the existing file in the t directory using notepad. It works fine. All of my scripts are working ok.

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 23:21

cheers

that's useful information.
:D

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”