Mod installation Help plz

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Grayback

Mod installation Help plz

Post by Grayback » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 10:55

I`ve just download the BEAM2 mod from here {http://www.sunpoint.net/~shadowX/beam.html}

I extracted (by right-clicking and selecting extract all) the file and put it into the mods folder and started the game but i cant select the {select mod package} option to enable mods

can anyone help becuase when i played freelancer the mods were easy to use but these ones seem imposible to do so

thx

vulcanrvn

Post by vulcanrvn » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 11:17

Just create a folder called mod in you game directory (ie. C:\Program Files\Egosoft\X2 - The Threat then place the beam2.cat/.dat in and click on your exe when it asks you about graphics, screenshots, etc. then click on mod then beam2 ok and start

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 11:18

Check into the mod instalation instruction - readme file.
INSTALLATION&USING:

Unzip files to (your X2 folder)\mods\ directory.

At start screen(640x480 window) choose [Select Mod Package], then select [BEAM2] from list and click [OK]
After this click [Start X2] and it's on.
If in the main window list (at start screen 640x480 window choose [Select Mod Package] ) not show up beam mod, because into the "mods" folder (into the x2 game directory) doesn't have mod files, for this mod there will be BEAM2.cat and BEAM2.dat files into the "mods" folder.

Grayback

Post by Grayback » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:13

When i extracted the file initially i got the [Beam2readme], [Beam2.dat] and [beam2 (security catalog)]

do i need a beam2.cat file as well? and does it work if they're in a folder in the mods folder e.g. [C:\Program Files\...\X2 - The Threat\mods\BEAM2]

i`ve checked the readme for installation instructions but it still didn`t work which is why i post on the forums

vulcanrvn

Post by vulcanrvn » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 08:02

The security catalog is the .cat just place both the .dat and .cat (catalog) in the program directory C:\Program Files etc.

Grayback

Post by Grayback » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 01:51

Ok, i've got it working now that i moved the [.dat] and [.cat] files out of the sub folder and into the mods folder.

thanks for your help and the quick replies

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”