By the Will of Xaar [Pious Paranid DiD]

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 18:29

By the will of Xaar, crafts of the lesser beings should be all sold for scrap and funds spent on the righteous holy vessels :wink:
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 20:44

Selling the non-paranid scrap seems likely. I certainly wouldn't fly them. :) I've kept them so far in case I have any non-paranid recruits...I don't seem likely to let Boron lackeys, for example, fly holy Paranid ships.

Using the hulks to serve my Bigger Plan (tm) is entirely possible though.

:paranid:

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 20:55

The money from the Nova should be enough to get you a Helios and all the gear you'll need to run it. Most TMs only sell at ~4-500k mark.

Are you looking for characters to recruit for your little empire? :)

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 21:29

Well, if anyone steps forward...and is willing to pledge their loyalty to me (and by consequence, to Priest Emperor Xaar), I am flexible in terms of writing in lackeys...er meatshields....er....loyal troops. :D

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 22:09

8.3 Paranid Take Road Trip Still

Time to continue my journey. Not much to be seen in the lower Paranid sectors, though I do take a glance through the Heaven's Assertion South gate, and it is unclear whether the Duke - known as a Pirate affiliate - is in the mood for company. There are a number of hostile forces there though, and while I would enjoy the challenge of taking on a Pirate Capital ship and its wing with only my M3, this is a challenge that will have to wait as I have other things to do. It will be remembered though, and I will be back.

Passing through the Split sectors, it seems the Boron may have pain in mind with a Thresher group approaching a Tiger group, and I am eager to see who fares better - knowing as I do how they would fare if Paranid were involved. Sadly the two squadrons pass each other by without incident.

Into Faded Dreams then, and it seems that a Boron is in need of help - wants someone to tail a compatriot of his to find out who he's working for. Easy money and as I'll likely be needing to be in the good graces of the Boron - how it pains me to 'need' anything - this seems a reasonable thing. I easily track down the Falcon in Menelaus' Oasis, and begin following him, keeping a discrete 10km behind him, give or take. I've got a Hammerhead locked and loaded, figuring if the unholy one somehow spots me, I'll simply give him a massive warhead in return. Seems fair. A rather dull trip through Queen's Harbour and into Queen's Retribution where a lone Harrier attempts to distract me. Switching to Mosquitos, I give him about 40 to keep him distracted. Hindsight being 20/20/20 that may have been excessive. Nonetheless, I've retained my mark and continue on.

The long journey does give me time to order some of my other ships about, and 'Messenger' does some more scouting and asteroid scanning.

Finally into Bright Profit and I grow weary of following this lesser being, but I remind myself of the importance of, in this case, doing a favor for the lessers. This too will not be forgotten. A pair of Pirate Novas flies by, and I watch them keenly with the Hammerhead loaded and ready to go. Again I've no doubt I could destroy them both easily, but doing so would likely blow my cover. Thankfully for them they decide not to challenge me.

Mission accomplished as I confirm the Falcon docking at the Pirate base. At last! Xaar's Bones that was long. It is not long though before I am back at Queen's Harbour and am allowed docking rights at Atreus as I demand, and even get a deal on a jumpdrive for my trouble. These Boron are far more respectful than the Argonian fools. Perhaps some of the squids will join me. With my new jumpdrive installed then, its the fast way back to Paranid Prime, stopping once midway for refueling.

It's good to be back in familiar ground where I am appropriately worshiped, and I gratefully accept someone's discounted Falcon. Next up is Purchasing a Helios TM 'Xaar's Chariot' and I order my fighters to dock with it - join it myself, and transfer over the jump drive.

For me, it's off to poke around the Yaki sectors a bit while 'Chariot' jumps down to Atreus to pick up some spare jumpdrives. Much easier than flying down.

By the will of Xaar! :paranid:
1 x Pegasus Vanguard 'Messenger of the Priest Duke'
1 x Perseus Vanguard 'Xaar's Revenge'
1 x Demeter Super Freighter XL 'Priest Duke's Storage I'
1 x Helios 'Xaar's Chariot'
1 x Falcon
1 x Solano
1 x Nova
1 x Express

Credits: 3.6 million

Time: 22:28

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 23:50

if you're still looking for a pilot i'll be the 1st to bite :P

name: H'rt T'ka
race: split
back story: youngest son of a minor house looking to prove himself through honorable battle
description: large for a split with scars crisscrossing his face and arms

prefers split ships but will settle with ships made by the inferior argon or allied paranids... flying boron ships would be an insult to his honor

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 04:28

Ah, my first vict...volunteer!

At present I still have the falcon, nova or solano - welcome to claim those if you like. Otherwise it may be a little bit before I get a Split vessel as I haven't been actively trying to appease them. Could probably manage an M4 at the moment. M3 or better will take more time, but if you have a preference I'll do my best to get you set up.

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 05:15

i'll take the solano until you can get that nova outfitted.... or if you want just wait for the nova to be fit for battle... its up to you.....

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 05:54

Eh, I got enough equipment salvaged to kit out a decent squadron at this point (should be a hoarders episode for x3 players). And no worries, I just nicked something nice for ya ;)
:twisted:
Silly Argon was piloting something way above his skill level.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 14:07

Ooooh, signup opportunity :D

Name: Raamanckontikk

Race: Paranid :paranid:

Backstory: Paranid war priest of the 'Order of the the thrice blessed' and defender of the Godrealm of the Paranid. Born in the great cathedral on Eighth Eye (Paranid Prime), Raamanck is a defender of the faith and a pilot worthy of bringing the light of Xaar to the lesser races.

Description: Typical Paranid, large, bulky arrogant and condescending. Wears the gold and red robes of his order when not in his cockpit.

Will fly anything deemed necessary for the betterment of the Empire, but his fighter preference is a Perseus Sentinel.

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 18:56

Kirlack wrote:Perseus Sentinel.
Jeans cream time

my FAVOURITE SHIP!!! :D

i may think someone up if u have need of another signup :D
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 20:40

Nathancros - yep, will take whatever recruits I can get. Exact ship of choice might be a bit, but feel free to pass along info and I'll write you in.

Kirlack - Sounds good. How does a Perseus Vanguard suit you for now? I have a goodly amount of credits, but they're currently earmarked for something else. Can transfer you to a Sentinel as soon as one is available. I'll write you in next episode.

Also if any of you have a preference on ship name and/ore loadout, let me know, otherwise you'll get what I give you. :P

9.3 Paranid Now Work on Bank Account

By the will of Priest Emperor Xaar, it has been all missions all the time for me. As phase one of the master plan will require a good deal of credits, it's left me quite busy. I bought a Demeter Hauler from another Paranid who desired his ship contribute to my glory, ran a few more defense missions - a couple times with the full might of the Paranid fleet volunteering to do most of the work for me, and returned an honorable warrior's missing Pericles - 'Xaar's Chariot' made that mission a piece of Soya Husk as I believe the saying goes. I even built a Maja Snail Farm in Empire's Edge - a nice 700k profit on that.

In the times when the missions run dry I do continue to head into Split Fire to challenge the Argon pilots. Now to be clear I say challenge only as the honorable demand of sacred one on one combat, and in no way should it be assumed that this is an actual challenge or in any way difficult. In fact it is barely sufficient to keep my piloting skills at peak performance.

During one of the defense missions in Split Fire, the invaders now sending M3s to present at least the barest front of actual threat, a Pirate Nova pilot graciously decides that the wilds of space are better and grants me control of his ship. Now this ship seems to have a very low speed of 96 m/s at top, so it may ultimately proof ineffective as a wingman. An actual pilot might be able to make use of it, so for the time being I will keep it, though it represents potential credits in reserve.

During all of this 'PDS I' now equipped with a jumpdrive has been jumping in to grab any fallen crates and has amassed a goodly number of missiles and other equipment such that, if needed, I can fully outfit a fighter on a whim, perhaps even two. Near a million credits or more of assorted gear, should the credit infusion be needed.

Everything is falling into place, as I had no doubt it would. My fleet is small yet, but fierce with me at the helm. Soon enough I will have a trading empire under my control to make a Teladi swoon and a fighting force to make a Split turn and flee. The Argon will cower in fear and will come to worship Lord Xaar or will fall by my doing. When the Argon are cowed, the Terrans - Argon in different clothing - will soon follow.

And it seems as though an honorable Split looking for glorious battle has come calling. H'rt T'ka is quite large for a Split, but seems capable enough and is (like most Split) more than willing to go into battle. Though unsurprisingly he would prefer a Split vessel, I don't at present have one, but once he's gone through the proper vetting process and pledged himself to the will of Priest Emperor Xaar, I will most graciously grant him the pick of what ships I have currently - minus what I am personally using of course.

Let none say that Elmankenstat is not generous and honorable!

1 x Falcon
1 x Solano
2 x Nova
1 x Express
1 x Demeter Hauler

Credits: 8.3 million

Time: 1-01:00

Followers/Converts:
- H'rt T'ka - currently prepping for fighter pilot duty

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 21:18

Hmmm

Name: Wingnut

Race: paranid* but he thinks hes a terran

Bio: Wingnut is crazy, bulky as hell, and honestly completly beleives hes a terran, wont take anything else for an answer.

Mostly hates the "Holy Rollers" but will take a job, for a good enough pay

Ship:
Perseus SENTINEL, but anything will do for now.

Hope thats ok :D Wingnut is a veteran of this forum :P had some funny moments with him :D

oh and shipname: Lost what?
Last edited by Nathancros on Sat, 23. Jun 12, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 22:38

ah forgot ship's name "Blade of Honor" sounds fitting enough

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 22:51

Perseus Vanguard is fine, I only prefer the Sentinel variant cos in TC it looks so much cooler than the others ;)

Ship name: 'Thrice Born Champion'

For the honour of the Priest Emperor....

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 00:17

ship names duly noted... and Wingnut is going to be interesting. :D

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 16:23

10.3 Paranid Now Play at Work

My funds are moving up pretty quickly now. With 'Xaar's Chariot' it is an easy thing to do most lost ship missions - even the so-called very hard ones. Fighting missions are, of course, no problem for a skilled Paranid pilot. And of course, in the hopes of finding a worthy adversary, I am continuing to issue challenges to Argon pilots when the opportunity presents itself.

And this day, luck I am. Defending a station in Brennan's Triumph I capture a Buster vanguard - a ship all but destined for the scrap heap, but it will contribute to my earnings. Not long after I issue a challenge to another pilot and he cannot space himself quickly enough, netting me a Nova Vanguard. Again a nice cash infusion if nothing else.

Down in Danna's there's been a traffic accident, or one of the passing military fleets got bent out of shape about something, as there's a fair bit of stuff floating around, so that get's 'PDS I' some work to do. Currently the freighter is sitting on a goodly bit of random loot, and enough weapons to arm pretty well anything below a capital class ship - though perhaps not optimal in the case of an M6, certainly enough for a few M3s. There's also a nice variety of missiles, though pretty limited on the heavies - only a couple Hammerheads - and I carry a third Hammerhead aboard my own ship. One never knows when a massive warhead will be handy. Then again, when is a massive warhead not handy?

Ah, but I am sidetracking myself. My luck did not end there. Jumping back to Split Fire - evidently my favorite hunting grounds of late - another Argon ship is in sight, and it is one that no Argon pilot should be flying. They are simply not worthy of such a fine vessel - a ship only slightly inferior to almighty Paranid tech. I speak of course of the Chimera - a fighter that even I would not be humiliated to pilot if the need arose. I issue my standard challenge and dive in, guns blazing, and sure enough on the first pass the coward leaps to his fate, leaving me the prize. If I'm feeling benevolent I may give control of it to H'rt T'ka. Such generosity might draw more to my cause.

At some point I also picked up another Perseus Vanguard - still more brethren that see the holy light that surrounds me! And another superior fighter that can soon be added to my ranks.

All this has left me with a rather nice little fleet, and I believe it is nearly time to sell off the chaff

and consolidate my holdings. My current mindset is to keep the second Perseus Vanguard, the Chimera, and sell off the rest that I am not using. Of course what I actually do may well change on a whim, as with my current credits I am drawing near to one of my interim goals. Admittedly it is hard not to spend it all right now, but I believe that waiting just a bit longer will benefit me more in the long term.

Ready for a rest, I head back to where most of my fleet is parked at the Paranid Prime Equipment Dock - I've reserved a number of docking bays exclusively for my use - Priest Duke be blessed. Feeling righteously humorous, I tell my subject H'rt T'ka to test out his new Solano. If you've never seen an overly tall Split try to cram himself into the cockpit of a small Argon Interceptor, let me assure you it is a sight to behold. After much Split cursing and shouting, which seems rather typical of them, I admit that the joke is on him and his new(ish) Chimera is sitting behind the Hauler.

It does a Paranid good to see his followers content. Xaar be praised!

Now it seems another worthy pilot has come calling, the honorable war priest Raamanckontikk. It will good to go to glorious battle with a fellow Paranid beside me. As he is a known member of the Order of the Thrice Blessed I've decided to fast-track him through the vetting process and get him set up with the second Perseus Vanguard until such time as I can source a Sentinel varient.

'Worthy' is something of a subjective term it seems, for a third recruit has offered his services as well. Though he is a Paranid, and therefore worthy of respect, there appears to be something off about him. He insists being called Wingnut and - of all things - he seems to vehemently believe he is a Terran. This despite the vast amounts of evidence to the contrary. He too is looking for a Perseus Sentinel, which seems odd considering - one would think he'd be more at home in a Terran vessel. Nonetheless, I'm certain I will find use for his services...one way or another.

1 x Perseus Vanguard
1 x Chimera
1 x Falcon
1 x Solano
2 x Nova
1 x Nova Vanguard
1 x Buster Vanguard
1 x Mercury
1 x Express
1 x Demeter Hauler

Credits: 13.8 million

Time: 1-04:53

Followers/Converts:
- H'rt T'ka (Split) - Chimera 'Blade of Honor'
- Raamanckontikk (Paranid) - Perseus Vanguard 'Thrice Born Champion'
- Wingnut (Paranid-ish/Terran-ish)

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 23:36

If there are any more volunteers for pilots, I'm about three episodes ahead at the moment and probably more after tonight (ah, night shift...one or two phone calls... equals lots of uninterrupted play time 8) ). So, while I'm happy to have more, don't be offended if you don't get written in right off the bat.

:paranid:

Things are getting fun...

theroguewriter

Post by theroguewriter » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 02:37

bonus episode since tomorrow looks to be busy after sleeping in the morning.

11.3 Paranid Now Haul in the Cash

Today consisted of more mission running. I've hacked the two stations in Danna's Chance, buying four Plasma Burst Generators from one of them for later use. With the stations friendly though it gives me more access to paying jobs and although I do believe people should just pay me for existing, I also understand the standard convention of 'do something - get paid for it'.

After much work though, and the selling of two Novas, the Falcon, the Mercury and the Buster, I've very nearly reached my goal. Actually I have surpassed my goal, but as I've a need for cash on hand it will take a little more still. Plus with three recruits on the books, and possibly more to come, I suppose they will desire some kind of stipend for their services. There's also the matter of getting the dents banged out of their ships, making sure I have enough 25 MJ shields to go around, and I've still got the matter of getting some Paranid squaddies up and training. Empire building can be exhausting work, but Xaar's will must be done.

I've earmarked the Nova Vanguard to be the carrier of my four Ion Disruptors as its currently my only Ion-capable vessel. As loath as I am to keep Argon tech around, at the moment it is somewhat essential for future boarding operations - unless I can catch an Argon pilot flying a Boron ship, or perhaps purchase something direct from the squids. As it says in the 'Pax Paranida' 'Slip not through opportunity lest ye be without' - take from that what you will.

H'rt T'ka's Chimera is now armed (full shields, 2 HEPTs/2 PACs in main, IREs in turrets) and only needs a short stop by the Equipment Dock and he'll be fully functional. For the moment he will be given the glorious task of protecting 'Xaar's Chariot' - though I'm sure the need for a fighter of his caliber will come up sooner rather than later.

Need to source some shields for the second Perseus Vanguard - Raamanckontikk's ship for the time being, but then he'll be up and running as well. Both Raam and H'rt seem quite eager for battle, so I'll see about getting them both some flight time soon.

Wingnut, however, is another story. I'm uncertain as to his sanity at present, and putting him in a fighter seems...perhaps less than wise. He'll be give a chance though, and will get flight time like the others to see where in the fleet he best fits.

With my account balance up over 20 million, it's about to take a very steep drop.

1 x Perseus Vanguard
1 x Chimera
1 x Solano
1 x Nova Vanguard
1 x Express
1 x Demeter Hauler

Credits: 22.5 million

Time: 1-06:30

Followers/Converts:
- H'rt T'ka (Split) - Chimera 'Blade of Honor'
- Raamanckontikk (Paranid) - Perseus Vanguard 'Thrice Born Champion'
- Wingnut (Paranid-ish/Terran-ish) TBD

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 12:36

You're going to buy a Hercules aren't you? ;)

Return to “Creative Universe”