Traders Tale II - Chapter 2 -completed

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 28. Apr 03, 03:11

Excellent read!

That is one good build-up to a lot of tension and action. The idea with the thrusters on the mine is intriguing, probably cheaper than buying a TL and pushing it backwards and forwards every now and again :D

So the rule appears to be do not allow anybody to swamp the sectors with their stations as to avoid monopolies, I take it. This would leave quite a few of us very much on the back foot, ey? :lol:

Silicon mine and Crystal Fab do sound good but did I not read earlier Creed mentioning that Crystal Fabs have been deployed or are planned by others already? Would that not result in an over-supply? Mind you, he may get permission for more installations later on and make use of his own supply chain.

Looking forward to the next chapter!!

found a typo: the 'to' is in the wrong place

"corridor to through"

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 28. Apr 03, 10:12

Nice read again.

Steve

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 28. Apr 03, 11:16

Moss wrote:Maneuver engines on a Lump of rock! the lump of rock being a mine I presume, is this artistic licence or an upcoming game feature? either way it sounds like an interesting way to escape trouble eh?

Seems Caran and Creed will get what they want, with the deployment of two stations, with Tor footing much of the bill in a very risky sounding endevour! and what is it that Creed knows about sector X-four?

Cheers Merc an interesting chapter, sets the scene quite nicley I think.

In the first Traders Tale it mentions that stations are fitted with maneuver engines, although not powerful enough for flying with, to counter any gravitational effects from nearby planets...

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 28. Apr 03, 12:01

KiwiNZ wrote:Excellent read!

That is one good build-up to a lot of tension and action. The idea with the thrusters on the mine is intriguing, probably cheaper than buying a TL and pushing it backwards and forwards every now and again :D

So the rule appears to be do not allow anybody to swamp the sectors with their stations as to avoid monopolies, I take it. This would leave quite a few of us very much on the back foot, ey? :lol:

Silicon mine and Crystal Fab do sound good but did I not read earlier Creed mentioning that Crystal Fabs have been deployed or are planned by others already? Would that not result in an over-supply? Mind you, he may get permission for more installations later on and make use of his own supply chain.

Looking forward to the next chapter!!

found a typo: the 'to' is in the wrong place

"corridor to through"
Thought I'd add in a few limiting factors for station deployment :twisted: . As for monopolies taking advantage of new space.... well we shall see.

I think there was a mention of 2 crystal fabs planned for deployment by other people covering the needs of SPP's supplying to 10 sectors so there should be scope for a third.

Good spot on the mistake.. :)

Return to “Creative Universe”