Ultimate Redemption - Part 3

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

totallydude
xr

Ultimate Redemption - Part 3

Post by totallydude » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 19:58

Here's part 3 of the first chapter! It's a bit longer, because I was writing at a cafe this time! Enjoy!

Suta turns around and looks at the holopad, as soon a major fleet of enemy ships appear.
‘Hmm… looks like you’re going to need some help Hagmann.’ Suta tells him calmly.
‘You think?’ Hagmann replies sarcastically, with clear shock in his voice.
Suta start laughing, but soon stops as soon as he notices the size of the enemy fleet. He turns to Hagmann. ‘Alright, I’m in. Give me at least a decent heavy fighter with 20 torpedoes.’
‘I’ve already got a fighter ready for you. But what do you plan on doing with the torpedoes?’ Hagmann asks curiously.
As Suta walks off to the hangar bay, he replies with a grin on his face: ‘raising hell of course’
Suta arrives at the hangar bay a couple of minutes later, where he spots a mechanic installing torpedoes onto a Havana heavy fighter. Suta quickly walks over to the ship, and turns to the mechanic.
‘Is this the ship?’
The mechanic looks at Suta for a second, then replies: ‘yes it is sir. Top notch ship, if I say so myself.’
Suta nods , and prepares himself to board the ship. ‘Good. Is the ship ready?’
‘Almost sir. Just need to install 2 more torpedoes for it to be all set.’
‘Hurry up then. We’ve got men dying out there.’
‘Yes sir.’ The mechanic replies, and finishes loading up the last two torpedoes.
Suta takes a look at his dashboard, and in flight controls.
‘This is looking good.’ He mutters to himself. ‘Let’s just see how much you’ve got baby.’
The mechanic steps back, and gives Suta the ready signal. Suta immediately pulls on the throttle, and lifts off into outer space. With a flick of a switch, the nav map is displayed on his HUD, and he quickly spots the enemy fleet. ‘There you are. Time for me to enter the fray.’ He mutters to himself again.
Suta opens up an incoming hail call with Hagmann. ‘Suta here’
‘Thanks for helping us’ the captain replies, slightly relieved.
‘No need to thank me until the job’s done captain’
‘I know, but if your skills are half of what they’re used to be, the enemy won’t know what hit them’
Suta can’t help but grin, as he remembers past battles. ‘I’ll do my best captain’
‘Good. I don’t expect any less of you. Hagmann, out’
As the comm line closes, Suta presses a button, and an overview of installed weapons appear on his HUD.
‘Hmm… only 4 plasma cannons installed. And to make matters worse, they’re only on the front turrets. Not the best setup. The rear of the ship is unguarded.’ As he lowers the HUD, he continues: ‘it’s quite nostalgic really. Just me, this ship, outer space, and completely outnumbered.’ Suta grins for that remark. ‘But unfortunately, this time, it’s different. It’s no longer the machines we’re facing, but an unknown threat. I wonder what kind of ships I’ll be facing.’ As Suta looks in the distance, green and blue flares are visible. ‘Hmm... To be certain about their capabilities, I’ll have to move in closer.’ As he does, Suta quickly notices a ship being destroyed. ‘Hmm… seemed like one of our ships.’ Suddenly, Suta notices two green energy bolts being fired at him. He quickly makes an evasive maneuver, and the bolts fly past him. He sighs in relief and then targets the nearest enemy ship. ‘Alright, let’s see what you’re made of.’ He locks on to the target and pulls the trigger. He notices the shields of the ship going down, but not as quickly as he thinks they will. ‘Hmm… quite powerful shielding I see.’ The enemy ship turns around, and begins shooting at him again. With a barrel roll, he manages to just barely avoid the green energy bursts to hit him. ‘Alright then, let’s see how you like this.’ He pulls the trigger again, and continuously fires at the enemy ship. The ship tries desperately to pull away from the barrage of plasma bolts being fired at it, but it fails, and eventually, explodes. ‘Just as I thought. You’re not that much of a threat once the shields are down, are you?’ Suta grins. As he turns, another enemy ship is attacking another Havana. He locks on to the target, and quickly destroys it. As Suta turns around, he notices a very big ship entering the battlefield, and quickly, more fighter ships appear out of that ship. ‘Damn… a carrier class vessel.’ He keeps watching the ships coming out, and quickly notices that it’s in in the dozens. ‘How many ships can that carrier carry with him?’ Suta wonders. Soon enough, no more ships appear out of the carrier, and Suta notices that it’s at least a hundred enemy fighters. ‘Great, just great. Just what we need. More of them. Well, I guess it’s all or nothing then.’ Suta quickly fires off the thrusters, and heads for the enemy line, all the while shooting and destroying one enemy ship after another. As he just gets passed the enemy line, he suddenly hears an alarm going off. ‘Danger, incoming object, danger’ the boarding computer warns him.
‘I got it’ Suta replies, and immediately sets the rear lower thrusters of the ship to full burst, and the front top thrusters to full burst. He then activates those thrusters, and makes an immediate turn, while the scanners lock on to the unknown object. Suta pulls the trigger and quickly disposes of that object. ‘That was easy enough.’ The quickly turns around again, and heads for the carrier vessel. With a flick of a switch, he mounts the torpedoes, and begins to lock on to the vessel. ‘Let’s see what you’re made of, buddy.’ He fires one torpedo, and watches for a brief moment, as he gets interrupted by incoming fire. Suta quickly pulls of another evasive maneuver, but can’t avoid one green energy bolt hitting the ship. As he looks at the shielding, he notices that the shields have gone down by 13 percent. ‘That’s too much for my linking’ Suta mutters in shock. He spots the enemy ship, targets it, and quickly destroys it. As he turns around, he notices that the carrier is hit with his torpedo, and the shields are completely gone. ‘Good.’ Suta mutters. ‘Just the way I like it.’ He fires off another torpedo, and watches as the vessel gets hit.. Suta can’t help but grin as he watches the explosion that follows. As he takes a look on the nav map, he notices two more carrier vessels appear. ‘Damn, that’s not good. I have to destroy them before they can launch more ships.’ He hails Hagmann.
‘Hagmann here.’
‘Suta here. I’ll be quick. There was a carrier class vessel, which I’ve taken down. Now, two more have entered the battle zone. I’ll proceed in taking them down before they launch their ships. How many ships do we have left?’
‘Only a hundred.
‘Damn…’ Suta whispers in his teeth. ‘Tell them to fall back and regroup. They’ll all be dead meat if I don’t succeed.’
Hagmann looks at him for a second, and replies: ‘you better don’t fail then.’
‘I don’t plan on doing that captain.’ Suta replies with slight sarcasm in his voice. As the comm line is being terminated, Suta quickly turns to carrier vessel number 2, and engages the afterburner. With full speed, he quickly reaches the vessel. He notices that this vessel is armed, and begins to fire at him. ‘I don’t think so!’ Suta shouts, as he evades the incoming fire. He engages the after burner again, to get below the ship. There, he notices that he’s not being fired upon. ‘Hmm… looks like I’m in one of your dead zones eh?’ Suta smirks. ‘Isn’t that just convenient?’ Suta locks on to the ship, and in rapid succession, fires two torpedoes at it. He quickly turns around, and flies off, while in the background, the enemy vessel explodes. ‘Now for number three.’ As Suta turns around, he notices that the third vessel has launch all their fighters, and the fighters are going straight for him. ‘Guess they didn’t like it.’ Suta grins. He flicks a switch and hails Hagmann again.
‘Hagmann here’
‘Suta again. Get all the men ready. I’ve got a hundred ships hot on my tail’
‘Roger. I’ll have the men on standby. They’ll open fire as soon as the enemy is within range.’
‘Good. Suta out’
Suta quickly activates the after burner, to make sure he stays out of their range. ‘Let’s see what you guys are truly made of. ‘Warning, unknown object incoming, warning’ the board computer starts again. ‘I know, I know.’ Suta replies. He quickly turns around, locks on to the unknown object, and shoots them down. As soon as the board computer is silent again, he turns around, and hits the after burner again. ‘Almost there. Just 5 more clicks away from safety.’ Suddenly, his ship is being hit by these green energy bolts.’ Suta takes a look at the shielding, and notices that he only has twenty five percent left. ‘Come on, please don’t fail me now. I’m almost there. ‘More shots are being fired, but he quickly manages to evade them. ‘2 more clicks. Come on baby, we’re almost home.’ Suta quickly hails Hagmann again. ‘Need a little help over here!’ Suta shouts.
‘On it.’ Hagmann replies. Quickly after Hagmann has replied, a couple of Vendetta light fighters appear, and shoot the enemy ships down. ‘With a sigh of relief, Suta sits down, as his ship soars past the defense line. As he slows down his ship, he slowly turns it around, and positions himself in the center. Suta opens up a comm. Channel with all the ships who are on standby. ‘Alright men, listen up. The hull of these ships are weak, but their shields are not. Once locked on to a ship, keep firing until at least their shields are down. If by any chance you have a pilot bailing their ship, we capture the pilot and take the ship. If the pilot is out of the ship, do not kill it! Understand?’
‘Sir yes sir!’ the crew replies.
‘Now we wait until the enemy is within range. Suta out.’
Suta closes the comm line, and holds on hand on the throttle, and another hand on the trigger. ‘Come on. Any second now.’ He mutters to himself as the entire line waits. After about half a minute, he notices the enemy coming within range. Suta quickly opens up another comm line. ‘Now men! Attack!’ he shouts. Immediately, a hundred Havanas pull on the throttle, and engage the enemy. Soon, one after the other enemy ship is being destroyed. Suta engages one enemy ship, and notices that the pilot quickly decides to bail out. ‘Good.’ He mutters. He quickly activates a tractor beam, and pulls the pilot in closer. After opening the cargo hold, the pilot has entered the ship. Suta quickly leaves his seat, walks over to the cargo hold, and ties the pilot to a steel beam. For a second, he looks at the pilots, and scans for vital signals. ‘It’s alive, but unconscious. Good. It’ll have a rude awakening. That’s for sure.’ Suta walks back to his seat, and notices that the enemy started to retreat. Soon, his fellow marines start cheering at the victory. Suta sits down, and gets a nostalgic feeling at this view. ‘It’s great to see all this again.’ He mutters, as he switches to the comm line. ‘Alright men. Let’s go home! I’ll take the empty ship with me!’
‘Aye, sir!’ the men reply, and they engage their thrusters to head back to the Resonance. Suta engages the tractor beam, which quickly attached to the hull of the enemy ship, and then flies off, following the marines. ´We´ll soon find out what you´re made of´ Suta mutters to himself. As Suta looks on the nav map, he notices that the carrier vessel has disappeared. He turns, and focuses on the way ahead. ´Alright, only 3 more clicks until we´re home.´ He then hails the Hagmann one more time. ´Hagmann here.´ a visibly relieved captain replies.
´Suta here. I´ve captured one of the enemy pilots, and I´ve gotten hold of one of their ships as well.
´Really?’ Hagmann replies with surprise.
‘Yes. I’m bringing them in right now.’
‘Good, good. Maybe we’ll get some information out of it.’
‘I hope so. Suta out.’
Suta quickly shows the nav map on his HUD, and selects the Resonance. He quickly engages the auto pilot for docking procedure and sits back to enjoy the view.
‘I’ve always liked the view of the Resonance. It’s elegant looking., and yet, packs enough force to take out enemy battleships with ease.’
Suta takes a look at the Resonance. The ship has a sleek looking front, which reminds him of an old fashioned bullet he saw in a history book once. The middle section however, although round in shape, is big enough to carry several major turrets, and functions as the main repair hangar. The rear of the ship is the smallest part of the ship, and is rectangular shaped. Although again heavily armed, this part functions solely as a landing strip. A few minutes later. Suta has landed. He waits for the hangar bay doors to be closed before leaving the ship. Just after Suta has left the ship, he notices the captain standing next to the ship, accompanied by the same two bodyguards.
‘So, where’s the captive?’ Hagmann asks.
‘In the cargo hold.’ Suta replies.
‘Thanks. We’ll take care of the captive.’
‘Then who’s’ Suta replies, while pointing at the enemy ship ‘going to have a look at the ship?’
‘I guess that you can do that.’ Hagmann quickly replies.
‘You do me a great honor.’ Suta laughs, as he walks over to the enemy ship.
‘I know’ Hagmann replies. ‘But you deserved it. You saved us once again.’
‘Thanks captain.’ Suta replies, just before diving into the ship. After a brief moment, he comes out of the ship again, and walks over to Hagmann.
‘We’ll need advanced engineers to find out what the technology behind the ship is.’
‘I see. We’ll get that sorted.’

Return to “Creative Universe”