[SHIPS] My Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 05:51

if you open up the .cat file with the modmannager there will be some lines that are like "dds\md_lod0_main2_g.dds" (the name changes....there are several for each ship, some are shared)...the _d is the main texture, the _s is the specular map, the _local is the bump mapping and the _g is the "glow map" anything that is supposed to glow will be in there....if the whole ship is glowing there is something up with the alpha channel of that file....remove the file and there will me no glow....and also no deck lights or engine lights

the files that are like "dds\md_lod0_decal1.dds" are the decals...that would be the ships name on its hull and other things like that

just remove the file from the cat and it should work....not entirely sure of the problem without a pic though....seeing as how they all seem to work fine here and i specifically went through and fixed those problems...unless you somehow got an old version of a texture

try downloading from the first page of this thread and see if those work...you might have to make sure there is a turrets entry for the turrets to work...but if the download from this thread works then the .xsp you got has some old info

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 13:48

I downloaded the ships from the first page, and it works. I probably was using an old version of them.

The only problem is that the turrets don't fire, but it's easy to fix.

Thank you very much, and congratulations for your very beautiful ships.

:D

jffr363

Help with the leviathan

Post by jffr363 » Thu, 6. Dec 07, 23:47

I downloaded the leviathan no problems and all the turrets work, but the forward mounted guns wont fire, not the front turret but the main forward guns

i am really new to this whole scripting and modding thing so some help would be appreciated

ps. the leviathan is totally awsome, even with the problem. you did a really good job

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 04:43

dont know why but forward firing guns on ship classes that don't normally have them is wierd....try targeting something and facing it almost exactly...thats what i had to do to test (tested with a space station)

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 06:44

well, i've finally added more ships...pics on first page

here are the names:

Code: Select all

Assassinator		- TP

Butcherer				- TS

Annihilator			- m5
Exterminator		- m4
Eradicator			- m3
Obliterator			- m3p

Carnage					- M6
Massacre				- M7

Apocalypse			- M2
Armageddon			- M1
Holocaust				- TL
Ragnarok				- M0/M1plus

X-Calibur - super powerful fighter...on par with a cruiser, maybe a little better
there are 23 ships in total, transport variants and variants of the m3 m3p and x-calibur

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Fri, 4. Jan 08, 03:45

GREAT work, MJALowe!

A question: in the new mod are included the old ships with texture corrections (i.e. the Patton and Patton2)?

:)

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Fri, 4. Jan 08, 05:12

just the texture corrections...and there aren't any changes from the ones posted on my link....it is different from those posted on the blackpanther group page though....

StormRazor52
xr

Post by StormRazor52 » Sun, 20. Jan 08, 19:38

I just recently downloaded all of you ships and really enjoy them but one. No matter what I do the Goliath loads and your sitting upside down in the cockpit. I am not a programmer but when I look at it in Cycrows ship Manager everything looks OK. Any Ideas what could be wrong?? from all the posts no one else has mentioned this problem so it must be only me. I am currently running it with XFP mode and some of you other ships which loaded fine. :?

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Sun, 20. Jan 08, 22:27

ya, the goliath is one of the older ships....to fix it you will need to edit the scene file and change the orientation of the cammera_dummy_1a (i hope i named it that in the old ones)

the old ones are only still available as a reference...as are the "really" old ones (packed in the .7z file)

i do hope you took some time to balance the ship...as most if not all the older ship are insanely powerful and could be considered a cheat

and just so you know....there is a cockpit window (graphics) on both the top and bottom of the ship

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 15:03

dont know if anyone had this problem,
In USSPatton, USSPatton2 and UssHannibal i have an issue where only the main, cockpit gun fires the gun, the rest can move but they cant shoot, any way to sort it?

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Sat, 9. Feb 08, 02:47

read all of the main OP *grin* they aren't firing cause they don't have a valid entry in the components.txt

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Sat, 9. Feb 08, 03:36

Really nice work :o

love the sargon transports, and the Troglodyte is awesome :D
:headbang: Microsoft

Lordadmiral Atlan

Post by Lordadmiral Atlan » Sat, 9. Feb 08, 14:52

the sargon Ships are very Good :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Imperat

Post by Imperat » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 16:10

Hello! The link does not work on the front page. Ships can be downloaded elsewhere?

Hawky_cz

Post by Hawky_cz » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 18:44

Pls how download your new ships? :?
i have only your old ships...

THX

GICorp

Leviathan Dreadnaught

Post by GICorp » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 14:21

Hey I just started playing X3 again and I was wondering if it would be posible to get the dreadnaught with 2 extra external ports for M2 class ships without getting in the way of the 4 M7 ports?
Galactic Industries Corporation

Another Aussie
x3tc

Post by Another Aussie » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 10:10

..... ok this is pissiong me off really the only thing i want out of all thease is the patton class ships (yes i classed them) but i can figure out where to download thease :evil: and now im reading ALL the poasts to see if there is a secret someone haz shaired but alas NO!!! ... anyway my point is HELP im lost and it seems in not alone.....

**edit** well .....been going over this topic very,very,very slowly and found info i needed if ur reading this and were as lost as i was, look in blackies signature for xsp database and do a serch there ...

**edit** :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: i cant even figure out blackies thing its a mix of german and english and i think a few details may have been droped in translation coz im lost there and i cant figure what you did with the files so im gona go sleep on it.

**edit** ok got in touch with MJALowe and what is left of them ships are at this adress http://www.filefront.com/user/MJALowe if your searching there u go most are gone :(
(XTD) Cerberus group, flag ship Argon Cerberus, chairman and captan of cerberus, James murdoc.

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Tue, 8. May 12, 04:16

All the links here are down. Does any one know where i can find a version of the (MJALowe)(TL)leviathan that i can edit from the X-Plugin Creater?

Btw you can find these ships here.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276

Oddball002

Post by Oddball002 » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 23:28

Is this for X3TC??? or X reunion, Because it doesn't say that i could find and most of the things on this site are X reunion so, just asking, i have X3TC. :?

Thanks,
Oddball002

Oddball002

Post by Oddball002 » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 23:31

Where do I get the Plugin Creator. I've been wanting to make my own ship for quite some time now. If I could get that I would be ELATED!!! :D I'll check one thing first.

***Edit*** I just found the site but the links don't work on either Chrome or Opera (Web Browser). Can someeone please help me. Cycro himself if he see's this. ***Edit*** :cry:

Thanks,
Oddball002 :cry:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”