[SCRIPT] Taxi Drivers Guild V1.10 : Update 10/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 10. Apr 07, 15:36

well the joy ride missions are sposed to allow you to have loads of them.

being able to just leave them while u do other things is exactly what its sposed to be like.

but like i said, i havn't fixed the other missinos yet, so if you do those as well, then it could be them causing the problem.

have you tryed just sticking with the joyride missions for now and c if the problem goes away ?

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 12:00

Hi Cycrow. I have the same probleem, but my missions are mostly taking 1 passenger to multiple stations .This is what happens :

(1) Buy basic cabin 16 of them,in my m4 buster, i go thru a jump point splitfire west gate,as soon as i come out ,i here this boom, i checked my freight and theres no cabins at all :o , but theres no other damage shields armor etc, only all cabins are gone.Anyway i contiue to my destination station,and i still got rewarded, what a surprise to me :lol: .

(2) On another save game ,same amount of cabin space 16 ,transport 1 passenger to ( a station ). Now i take same passenger to ( b station ), i look at my freight and theres now only 6 cabins instead of 16 :o .Now i take same passenger to (c station ) now my freight is still at 6 cabins.Then finally to my last (d station ) mission complete got paid.Tho the freight is still at 6 cabins.

Hope i was helpfull, maybe something u can do .I enjoy this script so much ,you can get this done soon. Soon when i have the funds, i ll finally get my first ship in this game, of that tp class :P .
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Mon, 9. Jul 07, 10:57

I am having the problem of disappearing cabins as well.

I recently took on a Joy Ride mission and I noted that the number of cabins specified in the message had been converted to used cabin objects. However after a while of traveling (perhaps 2 hrs real time) I never heard anything from the passenger. So I looked at my freight and noticed that the used cabin space objects were gone, and that my cabins never reverted to the amount before taking on the mission. Back tracking my saved games, it appears that the used cabins disappeared when I first enter a station after taking the mission on.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 13:55

hi cycrow

is there any way i can check if this script is running properly? ive looked at the AL seetings and the Taxi Driver entry is set to yes.

im asking this coz in a previous game, even though i had only uncovered about half of the X Universe i had found about 4 or 5 Taxi Guild staions. including 2 in Antigone Memorial! however, i have since started a new game and am now at roughly the same point (maybe 2/3 explored) BUT i have not come across any Taxi Guild stations. i have even installed Tomcats "product finder" script to see if it could find the stations for buying the cabins. that didnt work either.

i have found at least one of all the other guild stations that are installed and also bulletin board msg's tellin me where to find them. i have not seen any BBS items for the Taxi Drivers Guild though.

is there anything i can do to make sure the staions exist? or is it possible to reset the script or something? :?

any help appeciated thank you
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 03:18

if the AL settings is showing the Taxi Guild, then it should have been installed ok.

but its possible the stations have been produced in the other sectors u havn't installed.

u could disable the AL setting and renable them to move where the stations are to c if it works better.

it will take awhile for the stations to be produced thou.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 10:29

would starting a new game do the same job?

i installed another script last night. (not yours though) and now my game freezes up a couple of seconds after loading :( so i was going to do a fresh install.

would this help?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 12:11

starting a new game would cause the stations appearing in different places.

but it will take awhile for them to start appearing in the game

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 14:34

ok ill give it a go and see if they start appearing again.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 12:19

one more question:

does switching the "spawn stations" option for each guild in the AL settings remove the stations? or do the ones already present remain in game?

if so then how long should i leave it before i switch it back to yes?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 15. Aug 07, 14:31

yes disblaing the option will remove all the stations for that guild.

its pretty quick at removing them. Just wait a minute or so and it sohuld be fine.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 13:47

does your "reveal all universe" script uncover all sectors AND all stations?

if yes then if i install it, run it, then get Tomcats "Product Finder" script to look for cabins, would that help me find the Taxi Guild Stations?

i just want to know they are there. once i find them ill reload to before i ran the cheat script and carry on from there.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 22:30

yes it will unconver all stations.

infact i used it when i was testing the find the various stations.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 00:14

it worked. the cheat scirpt that is. i forgot you dont get to buy the cabins untill you JOIN the guild, so Tomcats Prodict Finder didnt work. i had to look for the stations manually. i did find them though, so the script is now working

thank you

1 problem sorted!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Mataeus
x3

Post by Mataeus » Tue, 11. Sep 07, 16:11

Cycrow, or any body that's played this script to death:

Having decided to take my up until now vanilla game of X3 and give it an update, I've decided to start simple at first by trying out some extra scripts before maybe later heading for the Xtended mod or something like that. I've spent the last hour browsing the forums about all your scripts, particularly the guild one that sound very interesting...

I just need confirmation that they are all working properly now is all!
The only thing that is preventing me from running them at the moment are the reported bugs of cabin space disappearing when using this Taxi Driver script, and the ones mentioned a couple of pages back on this topic about other guild missions almost grinding to a halt (ie not appearing much) when installing the Taxi Driver script.

Have these been fixed? I would very much like to get to grips with the guilds, but I won't install anything new into my game unless I know it's working properly... I notice from extended reading that you've put a lot of work into these btw, and I look forward to them greatly :D

Cheers duder,

Mat

Mataeus
x3

Post by Mataeus » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 16:31

Ah....Still no answer :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 20:33

the cabin space issue has not been sorted yet, i've not had the time to look into it properly yet

Mikro_Mawasaki
x3tc

Post by Mikro_Mawasaki » Thu, 15. Nov 07, 00:18

hi, the disappearing cabins, forced me to search the forum. Im happy to find so many peaple having this problem. But still it's no fixed. I tested for about threee hours.

the cabines diappear when I:
- enter Dannas Chance second time
- leave Nopileos Memorial (doesn't matter if door oder jumpdrive)
- ones when I got rocket from space
- sometimes without any detectable reason

maybe, the Information can help you.
I'm runnig X3 2.0.0.2, lattest Bonuspack, XTM, many Cycrow-Scripts

EDIT: I test some hours more.
I think there is something about the time, don't matter what I do, 13-16 Ingame Minutes after accepting the Mission, the Cabines get Lost when I leave the Sector.
I tested:
- jumping thrugh the Univers
- staying in one Sector
- flying thrugh many sectors
so far, leaving a sector after a certain amount of time, causes that the cabines disappear.

adach00

Post by adach00 » Thu, 14. Aug 08, 06:19

I faced the same problem of "ReadText7129-1203".
I use the English version of X3.
I also confirmed that the English text exist in the xml file.
So I cannot understand why this is caused for a while.
I have another problem in another script of Player Response Fleet (QRF).
I solve the problem of the QRF and I get back the messages of Taxi Driver Guild correctly.
The way of solving the ReadText problem in my case is to disable the script of Race Response Fleet.
So this may not be useful for other people, but if you use both Race Response Fleet and Taxi Driver Fuild and face the problem of the ReadText error, this may help you.

EDIT: I find that the ReadText7129-1203 error still exists, at least in the case of transport from one to another station.
I begin to look related script.
If I could get information on it, I would post.

Michael168

Post by Michael168 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 04:15

Same problem here:
- Textfile "ReadText7129-1203" received this after i completed the mission (I use english language),
- Missing cabins after missions,
- The two items available for trade in station have no name.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael168

Post by Michael168 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 04:20

Forget this one :P
- Im doing mission from station to station, but when i arrive in the system i cant find the station in that system.

I also use "Cheat Script" to unlock all map. but still cant find that station in that system.

Found 4 problems in Taxi guild scripts.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”