New! XFP V4.2 Ready for Download, also Trailer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 27. May 07, 06:30

Sillybugger wrote:
russbo wrote: Also, did the XFP gang turn OFF Betty? I get no more lovely X3 female voices to keep me company at night.
I've had the same problem, no more station or ship computer voices since i installed XFP V4.2
No... We havent touched Betty. However, please see if the 'Station Annoucements' is turned off in the game options menus.

I will add the hackerchips society's to my lists... Thanks...

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 28. May 07, 07:10

My Station Announcements have not been turned off.

Betty disappeared when I added XFP 4.2 as a false patch. (as I had done with 4.1, without problems.)

Bring Betty back. It's lonely at night.... :cry:

Sillybugger
x3tc

Post by Sillybugger » Mon, 28. May 07, 13:55

I haven't turned the station announcements off either, I also checked with the ship computer verbose on and off and neither one gave me any voices. On the other hand i've got XFP 4.2 installed as a true MOD rather than a false patch.

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Mon, 28. May 07, 16:27

For the players who seem to have lost Betty, have you installed the mod with a fresh install of X3, are you running another scripts or mods?

Can you also check to make sure all your in game volume controls are turned up?

Do the pirates and other pilots speak?

If you can answer these for me it will help me to rule out certain problems i have had in the past, either way we will find out how Betty managed to get gagged. Pity we cant do it to suzy aswell.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 28. May 07, 17:59

I have no other mods running other than shipcreator. Wasn't an issue with 4.1. It was a fresh install; first two versions of XFP worked fine.

NO one speaks. All talking is gone. Pilots, stations, jump gate announcements, all speech is gone. Just have engine, gun noise, warp noise. No announcements of enemies attacking my ships. No talking to station people or pilots. No station announcements. It's a quiet universe.

This occurred purely after upgrading to 4.2.

But I'm going to check one other thing....

EDIT: Reverted to cat and dats to 4.1 version. Speech did not come back. Also reverted to TCCP 1.1 (from 1.49 upgrade). That did not fix things either. Those were the only two changes I made.

Was there some sort of "minimal hud / speech" thing added to the 4.2 pack? Did the new 4.2 scripts overwrite something speech wise?

It's not fun playing this anymore. It really alters the experience. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

EDIT again: Oh, the other thing I did was run this script: ash. force.reset.xxl.pck

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 28. May 07, 20:01

russbo wrote:Was there some sort of "minimal hud / speech" thing added to the 4.2 pack? Did the new 4.2 scripts overwrite something speech wise?
No... No speach was edited / added or any minimal huds added...

Im going to try running my XFP 4.2 install for a few minuites and see if I have speach...

Edit :

Im running XFP 4.2 fogless self-installer no extra scripts or anything (same as public version).

My Betty is speaking... For anyone haveing Betty naught speaking, please give me your version info, and what your 'expecting' her to say that she isnt. Possibly what you targeted? Commed? This will help me narrow it down to excatly what she isnt speaking.

Thanks.

Sillybugger
x3tc

Post by Sillybugger » Mon, 28. May 07, 20:33

I'm running XFP 4.2 I haven't run the script to force ashleys shipyards as I haven't visited those sectors yet.
I have got no voice at all, either when targeting ships, docked, or anything. I have turned subtitles on, and they seem to work fine. scripts currently running as follows, plus the bonus egosoft script package.

Assassins Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.60 :: 07/08/2006
BOF Hide Licenses :: BOF :: Yes :: 1.01 :: 25/04/2007
Boron-Paranid Regenerative Hull Systems :: Zurechial :: Yes :: 1.41 :: 24/07/2006
Bounty Hunters Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 2.70 :: 18/09/2006
Community Extended Mod Pack :: AalaarDB / Cycrow :: Yes :: 2.01 :: 11/11/2006
Deathmatch Arena Redux :: LV :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 23/02/2007
Extra Missions Pack :: al_main :: Yes :: 1.20 :: 27/02/2006
Heavy Assault Technology :: LV :: Yes :: 1.2 :: 23/04/2006
Mercenaries Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 2.81 :: 17/09/2006
Merchants Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.44 :: 06/06/2006
Mobile Mining and Mineral Collection Software :: Bunny :: Yes :: 2.75 :: 11/09/2006
Overtune BBS :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.50 :: 19/06/2006
Race Military :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 15/08/2006
Race Response Fleets :: LV :: Yes :: 1.5a :: 21/08/2006
Racers Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 11/08/2006
Salvage Claim Software :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.05 :: 29/06/2006
Shield Batteries and Nanobots :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 11/09/2006
Shield Boost :: LV :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 10/02/2006
Ship Jamming Device :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 09/08/2006
Smugglers Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.33 :: 10/04/2006
Steal Wares, a.k.a. Firefly Pack :: al_main :: Yes :: 1.11 :: 19/02/2006
Stevio Fab Supplier :: Stevio :: Yes :: 3.02 :: 24/09/2006
Stevio Shipyard :: Stevio :: Yes :: 2.00 :: 23/08/2006
Stevio Weapons Dealer :: Stevio :: Yes :: 2.10 :: 23/08/2006
System Override Software MK2 :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.04 :: 11/05/2006
Taxi Drivers Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.02 :: 27/05/2006
TerraCorps Fleet Package :: Myros, dwgh, jensemann, siath70, eladan :: Yes :: 1.49 :: 21/01/2007
Treasurehunt :: LV :: Yes :: 1.3 :: 11/03/2006
Unified Capture :: Brand-X :: Yes :: 1.20j :: 14/04/2007
Yaki Armada :: Anarkis Federation :: Yes :: 1.08 :: 11/10/2006
Yaki and Missiles :: Jakesnake5 :: Yes :: 2.22 :: 13/01/2007

I will try a fresh install now, and get back to you on it.

EDIT: I did a fresh install, and got everything back, no problems.
left my original install of XFP intact, and installed into a fresh folder.
other than that i didn't do anything, and it made betty work again. Dunno what caused the problem.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 29. May 07, 06:11

I lost all speech, including the pop up images of the pilots (upper right window), station announcements, etc. Nothing is said, anywhere.

I'm baffled. I'll try a fresh install with a fresh install of 4.2 also, to see if it comes back. Something got overwritten somewhere.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 29. May 07, 07:47

I figured it out.

The new XFP 4.2 conflicts with LV's Cheats 1.1. You can't install LV's cheats (it won't show up), and if you do, it removes all voices / pilot appearances / etc,, from the game.

This was not an issue with XFP 4.1

Personally, I find this untenable. As reinstalling the game caused me to lose all my Advanced Jumpdrives, and, for some reason, destroyed the hulls on many of my ships, I can't simply just add them back using a cheat. I have to spend a few hours moving things around to repurchase this stuff, that I bought and built legitimately before.

EDIT: OK, I reinstalled a backup copy of X3 XFP 4.1 (don't ask me why I had one), with Ashleys XXL as a false patch, and everything works, cheats, voices, etc.

Also, of interest, after playing with 4.2 and LV's Cheats, I discovered after a while that there was a correlation, but, soon thereafter, with the cheats gone, the voices eventually disappeared too. There is something else going on with 4.2 and the basic game.

Obviously now, there is an issue with the 4.2 version conflicting with LV's Cheats, AND, the basic game structure (or some other script. I'm using over 50 scripts with 4.1, without any issue).

I also found with 4.2 that claiming abandoned ships was not possible. Have to check and see if that worked in 4.1 (I think it didn't).

EDIT AGAIN: XFP 4.1 stopped working too. Bizarre. Got it working again with a saved game from five days ago.

I got XFP 4.2 working with a save game from five days ago now also, with all scripts functioning, including LV cheats. Something happened over the previous five days to stop the speech; I'll pay attention to sectors visited, things bought, etc, to see what triggered the loss of speech in the game.

frijazz
x3tc

Post by frijazz » Tue, 29. May 07, 21:41

russbo wrote: The new XFP 4.2 conflicts with LV's Cheats 1.1.
Why don't you use LV Cheats 1.2? I'm using 1.2 together with 4.2 and I don't have any problems.

Sillybugger
x3tc

Post by Sillybugger » Tue, 29. May 07, 21:45

I've never installed LV's cheats, just because i never found a need to. and the problem I had effected all of my installs of X3. I've got 2 different installs, both 2.0.2, one running XFP, and one running apricotslice's Khaak intruder Mod. I lost the voices from both of them at the same time, but then when i did a complete re-install i got the voices back. I should point out nothing was changed in the 2 installs i was already running, which leads to the question, was it a registry fault or something?

anyhow, i can now enjoy being told one of my ships is under attack again :lol:

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 30. May 07, 05:30

Well, I've been running XFP on a saved game from a week ago, and 20 hours later, it's still running. With LV's cheats, and all my other scripts. I'm really not quite sure what triggered the loss of voice, etc, now. All my other saved games got corrupted in some manner, and lost voices, pilot pictures, announcements, etc.

I don't think its a script conflict now.

I'm wondering if it had to do with some sort of action I took, such as enter one of the new sectors, or stations. Not sure if that could do that, but, all seems to be functioning again. I'm paying attention this time, to see if it happens again, and, what might trigger it.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 31. May 07, 11:32

Just wanted to let you know, SA, that the Hacker Chip factories, it appears, all over the XFP universe, seem to do the same thing. They want to buy energy, but they do not allow UT's and other ships to supply them.

The end result is ten to thirty ships, UT's, and other races transports, gather around a Hacker Chip factory in some sector, and do nothing.

I continue to destroy them. There does not seem to be any other kind of workaround.

HawK53
x3tc

Post by HawK53 » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:13

@ russbo
Well i'm runnin from a clean install of X3, none of the troubles you describe i have encountered.. hackerchip factory's are supplied as normal to.
BTW, LV's Cheat don't work in XPF, see XPF website (why needing Cheats ? :roll: )
sure you running newest version of mod??
Split say: meet mech ? you pech (pech=dutch for badluck) :shock:
Personal Log Entry

The pilot (13) Senior trade negotiator
"Silly Teladi" (name changed to protect the guilty)
of the ship Angel 1 in Sector Saturn - Solar Power Plant XL alpha(Saturn)
needs your help. No Jumpdrivefuel found in range.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 31. May 07, 19:06

I need cheats to kill the hacker chips factories that are not functioning correctly, LOL. Why me.

I have no idea why this is happening. I am using the latest XFP as a false patch. Everything else seems to be working fine. Just those factories.

The Hacker Chip factory in
Spoiler
Show
unknown sector next to Patriarch's Retreat
continues to respawn, and gather about sixty energy transporters from the four main races. (My UT's usually hit that too). Using LV's cheats 1.2, which seems to work for me, to add the necessary resources to that factory, results in nothing. Factory just doesn't work. I destroy it again, the transporters scatter and continue on their merry way somewhere else.

I'm using Sector Takeover script. Not sure if the GOD engine in that is spawning this nonfunctional station. I'll keep messing with this...

HawK53
x3tc

Post by HawK53 » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 11:47

i know of 2 hacker chip factory very close together(SE corner of universe) but no problems there..
on another note,
Playing time now 3days (universe time) and it is starting to get rather factory empty:
all earth sectors almost empty (except earth),
mists of elysium, vestibul of creation, thynns abyss are completely wiped out..and those are the ones i saw :?:

My sole source of income(I use no cheats) are 5 UT traders, who now are picking their nose, and have to be nurrished constantly.... :(
if this goes on ,by the time i can afford a capital ship with decent fighter support, there is nothing to defend anymore!! :?

shouldn't it be playable for the non cheaters also :?: :?:
Personal Log Entry

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 12:20

HawK53 wrote:i know of 2 hacker chip factory very close together(SE corner of universe) but no problems there..
Sector please?
HawK53 wrote:Playing time now 3days (universe time) and it is starting to get rather factory empty:
all earth sectors almost empty (except earth),
mists of elysium, vestibul of creation, thynns abyss are completely wiped out..and those are the ones i saw :?:
Do you have any other scripts installed besides XFP's?

HawK53
x3tc

Post by HawK53 » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 14:11

Sectors: Clean-install X3BalaGi20.0.2 +
X3bonuspackage_3.1.05 installed, (without afterburner,dockwaremanager,rem.transporter device)
and XPF4.2,
thats all :)
started as crystal cruncher, so ya have one factory without profit (sold the crystal +ships, to buy me a nice corvette) anybody care to supply it ? :D
Personal Log Entry

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 19:11

HawK53 wrote:i know of 2 hacker chip factory very close together(SE corner of universe) but no problems there..
I must have about two hundred hours into this new XFP game, if not more. I don't cheat to get ahead, I just leave the computer running 24 hours a day. It appears that the only Hacker Chip factories that were causing me trouble were the ones that I mentioned above, other Hacker Chip factories are functioning normally.

You'll find that cheat scripts are useful if you want to experiment with different scripts, or check out the new ships that people create. They're also useful for fixing problems, such as I had, that pop up.

HawK53
x3tc

Post by HawK53 » Sun, 3. Jun 07, 00:37

russbo wrote:
I must have about two hundred hours into this new XFP game, if not more. I don't cheat to get ahead, I just leave the computer running 24 hours a day. .
yah right and i'm playing it for the first time i guess :lol:
nothing changed here over the years i see..
well i do not have problems, fix your own bye :roll:
Personal Log Entry

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”