[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 22:20

Oops, not exactly a bug, it's an unimplemented feature :mrgreen:

I'll correct this with the other real bugs related to the HQ in 1.06 that i'll post very soon.

Cheers.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 28. Jul 06, 02:25

Don't see any reason why joining Yaki should effect relations/rep, etc. than joining Assassin's Guild. It's something a person would do on the sly, not exactly advertise, right? As in, player wouldn't be announcing to entire galaxy, "Hey! You trade with my 20 UT's, buy from my 100 fabs, but did you know I'm also Yaki?! That's right, I'm a fuc**ng pirate! What u gonna do about, it huh?"...and so lose police license.

It'd probably be more like modern organized crime syndicates that have judges, police, politicians, etc. aboard--but who don't advertise the fact. IF and WHEN they get caught acting in the mob's interest, THEN they lose their 'priveleges' and end up in deep shit. Not before. Yaki membership shouldn't be any different.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 28. Jul 06, 02:59

lol calm down :)

ummm... It make sense. But, in the other hand,

1/ You don't loose the license because you've been kicked out of the police, but because the Yakis want it.

2/ Yakis aren't a political force as the modern organized crime (as the Pirate Guild will be), they are more like space gypsies (not sure of my word, see Snatch the movie). And gypsies don't give a **** about cops and politics, so they certainly won't hire someone who officially kills hundred of pirates in the Universe as a cop. You could be happy that i won't force the player to loose his police licenses by himself (much more realistic, but annoying for the player) ;)

Anyway if you decide to join them and get rank in the guild you'll obviously loose most of your licenses after a few missions. So i don't really see the issue.
Spoiler
Show
To make everyone happy, i'm in good mood. You'll be able to buy it back.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

JTWibble
x3tc

Post by JTWibble » Sun, 30. Jul 06, 18:24

I really like the script, it adds alot of flavour to the universe, I'm playing without the race response fleets script so I'm the one who has to deal with the Yaki, some of their attacks are quite heavy, if they destroy stations and ships will the AI recover, will those stations respawn. As much as I enjoy the Yaki onslaught I don't want them to annihilate the economy.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 30. Jul 06, 19:17

Yes, everything in the game respawn (stations not always in the same place). Notice that my Yakis shouldn't attack stations very often. In fact they may only attack them when there's nothing else in the sector :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 30. Jul 06, 21:47

The stations don't actually respawn, but new ones will be delivered in TL's
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Emerald Flint
x3

Post by Emerald Flint » Thu, 10. Aug 06, 17:51

Hmm, can't download, the server seems to be down, *site not found*

Greetz
EF
Only the dead ones have seen the end of war. Plato

"Warnung: Frachtraum enthält nun... Argon Eins" :gruebel:

Master! Apprentice!

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 10. Aug 06, 18:42

Download is working. Use the mirror link.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 07:04

Version 1.06 is out !

Corrected a bug preventing the plugin from beeing disabled correctly. The included libraries have also been updated (for compatibility purpose with Pirate Guild 0.40 i'm about to post).

Anarkis Gaming HQ

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 11:01

I haven't read all 9 pages so sorry if if this been suggested, but here it goes:

One thing that prevent's me from becoming a pirate is that if you become an enemy to the race you lose access to it's specific equipment. So how about Yaki selling that equipment? If I help them against Paranid they could offer me docking computers, triplex scanners etc. It could be for a higher price and only after you reach a certain rep with them.

Or this could go with a Pirate Guild.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 11:17

Each Yaki Mobile Base only focuse on two races, allowing you to stay friend with the others. And in the Pirate Guild, pirate bases sells some useful weapons (PAC, HEPT), missiles, shields and energy cells ;)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 11:48

Serial Kicked wrote:And in the Pirate Guild, pirate bases sells some useful weapons (PAC, HEPT), missiles, shields and energy cells ;)
Those a good, of course, but you can buy them from pretty much any race unless GOD makes a complete mess, or you can manufacture them yourself. It's things like jumpdrives and alike that are hard to get.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 11:57

If you want to play as a pirate

Next version of Yaki Armada will allow you to buy all kinds of weapons from the guild when you reach a given rank. And the final version of Pirate Guild (no ETA, as usual) will allow to buy and dock anywhere for a fee when you reach a given rank in the guild.

You can also notice that such equipements can be found in capped ships. Killing a lone pirate ship handled by Yaki Armada or Pirate Guild probably won't make them too angry (probably) and they are all fitted with triplex, jumpdrive and usually rare upgrades. Notice that some (very rare) standard ships also have a jumpdrive.

Pirate's life isn't meant to be easy anyway.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 12:28

I guess you're right. Afterall I could buy an army of Discoverers and fit them with jumpdrives, triplexes etc. for any future needs :) .

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 15:20

Does this work with the DDRS-Mod as well¿
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 15:25

It's a script, so it should.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 18:53

Yep
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Skywalker77
x3tc

Post by Skywalker77 » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 01:16

Bitte deutsche Version updaten:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=145109

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 02:32

Thanks i'll update the language file for the main dowload link :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 00:33

Last experimented with v1.05, but now will DL v1.06.

Found in 1.05 that the Yaki TL's still didn't have any armament except missles. Which means that the Flak-armed version you spoke of months back is avaialble in the Fusion mod??

Also: since each Yaki TL concentrates only on 2 races...would it be possible to have the identities of these 2 'announced' by ECS when the player comms each base? Otherwise, since race's identity isn't mentioned until after a player accepts a mission...creates rep problem.

As I figure it, it's pretty much impossible to play a 100% pirate game with just YA. Thus, keeping a good rep with at least a few races (like Argon--jump-drives) for ship repairs, etc. is necessary.

Your work with YA is brilliant. Something the Devs in their wisdom should take note of, as the Yaki and Pirates are the last remaining content-development 'frontier' of X3...the 'wild west' of X3. Great work!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”