[UPDATE] A few SW ships... and a couple of ST ones too [01-11-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

masterhaha
x4

Post by masterhaha » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 01:29

hi magrathean monkey,

I tried your Federation Space Station (You know the huge roundly thing) today. First, absolutely great work, it looks great in game.
But I have a small problem, I hope you can help me:

1.I can't dock on my station M7 ships, or TS ships, all others are working fine.

Sorry, my English isn't the best, but I hope you can understand what I'm talking about.

Masterhaha

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 00:35

Sorry to bug ya, MM, but im having an issue, and after reading almost half of this 100 plus posts, i give up.
I simply love the Weaver and its concept, but for some reason, i cant dock the Hauler on it.
After some "magic", i manage to land it inside, but it doesnt show up outside (as i sure want to see) :)

Any idea what im doing wrong here?
Thanks for any help.

Ok, update, hoping that someone (seems MM is away can give a hand)

First, AWESOME work, the detail on those ships is astonishing, my hate goes off to the maker.

Second, my issues:

-Weaver and Hauler look very nice, but the TS wont dock on the Weaver, only inside, and with "magic"
- SpaceDock is a no go, no 50k ST Dock shows on my game, and i finish reading all the 107 pages , and tried EVERYTHING in there, just not happening (and i SOO want that in my game...)
- Ships have only one issue...they are SMALL, compared to the rest of the ships in the game, even the stock ones. They look very nicely, but are small, oh well.

If anyone can help, appreciated, if not, oh well, ill just use mini ships :)

Cheers to all, and keep up the good work, the community thanks.
Strength through Unity

psykodeth

Post by psykodeth » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 13:56

look i have been having this problem with installing the ships in game i am new at this kinda thing so im probably doin something wrong

i have been able to get the ships on the list to spawn them( to see if they work) but when i spawn them the are there but you cant see them any insight would be helpful

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 20:07

Fresh install, also added XTM.

Redone the dock instalation, still nowhere can i see a 50k station (except the goner one).
Can someone please try to figure out whats wrong (those that actually did manage to add it)?

Also, now, none of the fed ships allow docking.
This is getting weird. I use alot of tensin and cycrow ships, and all work wonderfully, MM fed ships look awesome, and play very well, but i do need a spot to park them :)...and shuttles inside.

If needed, i can send a save from my game (if that helps)
Thanks guys.
Strength through Unity

psykodeth

Post by psykodeth » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 05:04

ok i finally figured it out.... it was my error.... im not that great at these kinds of things lol! MM the models look great! my only issue is the yt series have no front weapons :( i would love it if i could get one with forward guns

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 00:27

I could use a technical pointer or two here, myself.

I installed the Weaver, looks and behaves fine, BUT it "breaks" my game - now NONE of my Shipyards allow any ship to dock!

:lol:

And once broken like this, its unfixable, that I can tell. I removed it using the Ship Installer, but ALL SAVED GAMES remain "broken" like this.

I had to re-load from a backup folder to fix it, so no harm done. :D

But what is the conflict with? XTM? Ashley's Factories?

Anybody else ever have the "nerfed shipyards" problem after installing a .XSP ship?

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 20:55

Hi MM

Is there any chance of seeing the station DS9 on X3? (even if it is half done)

Regards

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 20:57

James Smith Jr wrote:I see your very good at making ships for X3 reuion, could you make the Solyvern class BB (Enterprise), Romulan Warbird and the Klingon Vor'cha class BB for X3 Terran Conflict. I can't seem to find them anywere.(For TC) If you or anyone else knows were, you can e-mail me at James_4669@msn.com And Thanks.
FYI I've installed all MM's ships on TC without glitches so (far using the new install tool).

mrbooks

ST ships on TC your kidding?

Post by mrbooks » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 23:45

I must not be using the xsp converter right, is that all you used? It wont show up, is it modified or vanilla? can you mail me your xsps or post them? Did you have to use that MM_Kris Compatibility XTM spk? I want to get at least the intrepid class ship on TC if you have that working. -mrbooks
Weapons to Maximum!

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 00:08

Oops, I haven't been around these forums lately - and it looks like my ships are causing quite a bit of mischief! :o

The problems with docking breaking for some/all ships will almost certainly be caused by conflicts in these two files:

types/dummies.txt
types/cutdata.txt

The problems stem from either myself, the XTM guys or whoever else's ships you are using (in combination) having different entries with the same ID numbers in these files.

Basically what happens when you install ships or mods with new docks is that the .xsp will have an updated version of these two files and this will overwrite the one you are currently using. For my (and Kris's) ships, I created the MM_Kris_Compatibility xsp file. This contains modified cutdata and dummies.txt files that I know will work with all of my and Kris's ships. I also modified this to be compatible with a version of the XTM mod, but if XTM has been modified since I made the release - which was quite a while ago, then the compatiblity installer will most likely not work. So please, please back up savegames before using my ships!

Te good news is that these files can be fixed with a little bit of patience; they can both be opened in notepad once extracted from the .xsp or CAT/DAT setup. The bad news is that I don't have any examples here on this PC to paste on the forum right now, so you'll have to wait until I can get to my work PC later tonight... Apologies for that! :oops:

More to follow soon!

MM

mrbooks

Mr Monkeys ships are great!

Post by mrbooks » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 00:57

Magrathean Monkey, I had enjoyed your ships on X3R and just hope to see them in X3TC! Having my own Voyager was very cool. They worked great for me. I don't think they are mischeivous, we just want to see them in Terran Conflict(or is it total conversion, another forum perhaps). I don't know what I'm doing wrong for them to not even show up, maybe its the script editor, I don't even know if mine is on? Or They need the exact laser equivalent? or some X3 Edit change.
Thanks for your models, they are of the highest quality even if they are the only ones I seen, the exact detail enhances the imagination. Any chance at all you could make a constitution class model? NCC-1701 either from the motion picture or the new movie. I am a big fan of your models. OK, That's enough thankful worship from me. Now I got to find the person who made the serenity model and thank him. -mrbooks
Weapons to Maximum!

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Re: Mr Monkeys ships are great!

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 19:08

mrbooks wrote:Magrathean Monkey, I had enjoyed your ships on X3R and just hope to see them in X3TC! Having my own Voyager was very cool. They worked great for me. I don't think they are mischeivous, we just want to see them in Terran Conflict(or is it total conversion, another forum perhaps). I don't know what I'm doing wrong for them to not even show up, maybe its the script editor, I don't even know if mine is on? Or They need the exact laser equivalent? or some X3 Edit change.
Thanks for your models, they are of the highest quality even if they are the only ones I seen, the exact detail enhances the imagination. Any chance at all you could make a constitution class model? NCC-1701 either from the motion picture or the new movie. I am a big fan of your models. OK, That's enough thankful worship from me. Now I got to find the person who made the serenity model and thank him. -mrbooks
As I mentioned earlier you can import MM's ships into X3TC using latest Cycrow's latest Beta Plugin Manager Lite... see TC's Mods forum.

I've installed all MM's ships without glitches, I've found no issues until now but also haven't test all of them yet. BTW I'm using X3TC 2.5

Cheers

mrbooks

not seeing the ships

Post by mrbooks » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 22:41

I'm not having the docking problem, I'm not seeing the ship models at all in any station list. Basically I'm cheating, maybe they aren't in the cheat script ships to install. Are they argon ships, are they mixed race ships?

Ialso miss the X3R Player Headquarters....

I must not have converted them right then. I clicked corresponding Terran Conflict lasers, missles, and the cockpit thing had checkboxes filled in already, dont know what I was supposed to do with that tab. Saved them as different scripts for TC, loaded them into the Plugin Manager Beta and nothing... I have the game directories of both X3R and X3TC loaded when I run the XSP converter. THen I saved and loaded it.

I wont try to dock at this point even if I see the ships unless someone can tell me they didnt have a problem. If I use the X3 Editor can I change the ship IDs? if I understand it right the fact that they are the same as other possible ships is why they cannot dock? Anyone who can help answer the questions, was there a help file that told what steps to use with the ship converter, I've only used X3R xsp's without a problem. -mrbooks
Weapons to Maximum!

psykodeth

Post by psykodeth » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 23:32

mrbooks, i dont know if this helps but i am using the new plugin manager from cycrow. i downloaded the xsp's and just installed into tc directory. i didnt have to convert any of MM's ships and i havent had any docking problems. I am using TC2.5 with PSC01's cockpit mod. I noticed when i used other xsp's with MM's they show up in script editor as "read-text(followed by a bunch of numbers) I think this is just a compatibility issue though.

As for the PHQ, I downloaded a script that lets you buy the PHQ from boron shipyards. I installed it with the plugin manager and it works fine. I cant find the link to the script but if you send me a pm i can email you the file.

TO MM: I am addicted to your ships lol! I was wondering if you were making any more cockpits for the shuttles? I like the one the logistics shuttle uses and i was wondering if there was a way to transfer it to the delta flyer?

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Re: not seeing the ships

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 18:39

mrbooks wrote:I'm not having the docking problem, I'm not seeing the ship models at all in any station list. Basically I'm cheating, maybe they aren't in the cheat script ships to install. Are they argon ships, are they mixed race ships?

Ialso miss the X3R Player Headquarters....

I must not have converted them right then. I clicked corresponding Terran Conflict lasers, missles, and the cockpit thing had checkboxes filled in already, dont know what I was supposed to do with that tab. Saved them as different scripts for TC, loaded them into the Plugin Manager Beta and nothing... I have the game directories of both X3R and X3TC loaded when I run the XSP converter. THen I saved and loaded it.

I wont try to dock at this point even if I see the ships unless someone can tell me they didnt have a problem. If I use the X3 Editor can I change the ship IDs? if I understand it right the fact that they are the same as other possible ships is why they cannot dock? Anyone who can help answer the questions, was there a help file that told what steps to use with the ship converter, I've only used X3R xsp's without a problem. -mrbooks
Its more straight forward than what you think... No need to convert anything... what is needed is just X3TC + latest beta plugin (Cycrows) on X3TC forum + import the X3R MM's ships xsp into the plugin and thats all.

No need to meddle the ships around just straight import into the plugin and play.

All the ships appear on the shipyards list, no graphs/docking glitches and are dockable as well, exactly like they are on X3R. Also can be created using Cycrows/Lv's cheat menu.

Cheers

PS: DS9 pls pls pls pls

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 19:14

Also, the only reason for these issues with the docking or invisible ships etc were caused because XSP's as well as the pluginmanager are stuff that wasn't planned in the original programming of X3. It's generally unsupported and not perfect.

Sometimes you install an XSP and have black textures because a single texture may have been installed wrongly and sometimes the pluginmanager messes up the entire ship because there is something missing in the XSP itself (that's never been the case with MM's ships, he did them very well)

The docking problem can also happen with Vanilla X3, not only with the XTM.

@MM
One small question: Will you release a more accurate model-version of the Excelsior Refit? On one of your screenshots showing your station cockpits it appeared that you worked on it a little, and it looked far more like the original MK-II-Excelsior like seen in "Generations" and "Paradise Lost" with the upgraded engineering section in addition to the nacelles and the saucer impulse engines.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

mrbooks

not seeing the ships

Post by mrbooks » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 20:25

There not invisible or black, they are not creatable for me. I only just now turned on the script editor. And I didn't have a single problem with X3R ships. I am still not seeing X3TC ships. I didnt have the editor on till just now but I didnt have a problem binding and using the cheat menu. I got this from Steam.

I think X3R had more of an destabilizing issue to me (I remember if I scrolled through targets too fast it would lock up) but then I must have been running as many scripts as I could. I cut back to under 20 scripts that I thought really enhanced the game and let me play with the environment. But X3 does have a script editor and player contributions really fleshed out the environment to the point where I really couldn't imagine playing with no scripts (I love supertuning! If I dont add sufficient rudder optimization autopilot will crash my ships alot) . It also allowed egosoft to see what needed improving. Right now, with Terran Conflict I'm only running 6 scripts + ships but none of the ships are showing up, not even the firefly class transporter one or the electra superfreighter (much better armed, caimen hauler is good too). I'm sure with forum help ,Terran Space Opera will be all it needs to be.
I hope Egosoft makes a game that allows you to land on planets, or do some more ship and station missions like first person. Or let me stretch my legs in my own ships and stations. I always feel like im sitting, it would be cool to have ship drama with crew officers as an option (like sleeping with my com officer). Ishould have saved this for another post instead of being a footnote. -mrbooks
Weapons to Maximum!

joedawson
x3

Moving "Pilot"

Post by joedawson » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 16:42

MM...

I love your galaxy class with Cockpit...

One question...

Is there any way to "MOVE" the pilot (permanently is fine) i have been trying for awhile, and cannot figure it out (used gmax, bod editing etc.)

Your galaxy cockpit is AWESOME... and your placement of the pilot is perfect , but there is SO MUCH more to see in that cockpit that the engine does not allow (if you could rotate the camera 180 degrees, i would be satisfied, but this is apparently an engine limitation)

BTW i am using all your ships in TC exclusively, and they work great!

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 18:05

MM!! Glad to see you are still around!

I look forward to figuring out the TShips and Dummies files, so my "sandbox" can be "just so" with all your cool ships running around in my X3R/XTM game.

I got up to a certain point with most of my favorite XSP ships that is working well, but I find if I add or change anything, CRASH no more saved games load.

YES backup folders save the day over and over again!

I think I need a CAT/DAT viewer / editor, and some code examples you maybe can post up, THEN I should be able to smooth it all out.

After I finish the X3R Main Plot, I plan on getting 3ds Max and start learning modeling. I've been a Test Engineer for 25 years and I would like "3d Modeling" as another skill to put on my resume! What better excuse to get the ships I WANT into MY GAME?!?

:lol:

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Thu, 11. Feb 10, 18:46

The docking problem can also happen with Vanilla X3, not only with the XTM.
Granted, it might happen, BUT, works perfectly on my vanilla install, AND on X3TC.

ONLY my XTM installation wont let me dock inside the fed ships.
Also, so far, NONE of the installations accept the Weaver/Hauler or the fed space station.

Now thats a issue, since those two items are very good, and worth the effort, since MM must have spent hours (days?) working on them.

Any help coming my end in order to make all this work is welcomed :)

Cheers
Strength through Unity

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”