Problems with the Ship Installer ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 20:22

Check your PM :wink:

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 21:53

hmm, no private messages as of 1 min ago...

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 22:11

:lol:

I was referring to Cycrow :wink:

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 17:11

went ahead and downloaded Rougey's Mod 2.08, but the installer doesn't work with it. Either the game crashes before the title pages or the mod "semi-works", as in it loads up but Rougey's added ships show up with Readtext for names on shipyards.

any way around this?

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 04:14

ok, your new script/ship installer app opens and seems to work for me...great!

so now my q is---what folder do i need to put the xsp ship file i want to add in? unsure if it needs to go in my x3 game directory somewhere, or in my script installer directory somewhere.

thanks.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 04:16

i have it in my scripts folder in the x script manager directory, and serenity is there in the scripts folder after i click install ship, but when i select serenity and click open, nothing happens, leading me to think i put it in the wrong directory. i was expecting to get the various edit options for the ship, such as what sector or shipyard to add it to, etc. so, i have no clue where this xsp needs to go.

i am running xtended, minimal hud, and cockpit callback all as fake patches, and i do have your ship creater dat file in my x3 mod folder.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 14:52

XSP files can go anywhere, they work like spk files, you use the program to install them, and it puts all the files in the correct places and creates the mod files.

the installer doesn't allow you to select where you can buy the ships, and other things like that, to change that, you need to first edit the XSP file using the Ship Creator program. Then save the XSP and install it again.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 20:57

okay, maybe i got the hang of it. i opened the serenity file using the ship creator, added it to both boron and argon shipyards, and saved it. then i opened it via the script installer v1.99 (at least i think i opened it- no info was ever displayed in the installer). will it then show up in both boron and argon shipyards next time i resume my game (not start a new game)?

also, part of what is confusing me is that the ship installer info you have here:

http://www.xpluginmanager.co.uk/

displays information that never shows up at all in my installer v199. i was expecting that after i opened the serenity xsp, that similar information would appear in the ship, author, version, enabled columns in the installer, but nothing ever does, which makes me think that something isn't working correctly.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 21:22

it was an error in the installing, it was actually failing to install but was missing the error message.

it is fixed in the version i sent you.

also, ignore what it looks like on the site, thats the current version, the new version is very different and works almost competly differently underneath.

the whole thing has been completly rewritten

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 23:45

thanks- seems to be working now
even though x3 did crash when i tried to start it from the script installer. since i have the steam version, i am guessing it was b/c steam wasn't running when i launched it.

is there anyway i can check within x3 that the ship has been isntalled, like will it show up in the shipyards immediately?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 17:20

best way to check is using LV cheats scripts, when going to Create Ship, it should be listed there, if its not, there almost certaintly it hasn't installed correctly

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Fri, 29. Jun 07, 06:13

hmm, is that done in the game?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 29. Jun 07, 14:36

yeah, install the cheat scripts, then in game, use the create ship option.

it will list the ships that you can create. It will include all ships in the data files, so if the custom ship is working, it will bel isted there

rusty.w.jones
x3

Post by rusty.w.jones » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 23:23

The Ship Installer download keeps comming up as being corupteed and it will not install on my computer. is there something i am doing wrong?

Chronobomb
x3

Post by Chronobomb » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 03:32

I installed several ships from the x-tended .7a into the orginal game.

On creating the loki, my computer locked and I rebooted. I installed the Loki without thinking about the fact that it may not have finished compiling. Apparently there was an error and it removed all the game data of the ships I had installed so it only showed the names of the ships in the shipyard but no stats, price, etc....

I uninstalled all the ships that were working previously to me installing the Loki and reinstalled them. They would not reappear, only the erroneous Loki, even though I had not reinstalled the Loki.

I uninstalled the ship installer and removed the .dat file from the ship installer dir. Reinstalled, put in the Express Hauler, and magically the erroneous Loki appeared again but no Express Hauler.

I uninstalled both X3 and the ship installer, and del the Loki file off my comp. Reinstalled everything and installed the Express Hauler again surprise, surprise the Loki was still there. Did it corrupt my save? Doesn't seem that it should be able to.

Not sure what to do, but I cannot install any ships in the game currently.

I have the ShipInstaller selected for the Mod and have it pointed to the original game, which is what I am playing, not Xtended. I am going to try a few more things, but I am running out of ideas.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 15:36

try going to the rest option in the Ship Installer to clear everything out. then try to install some of the other ships.

if you suspect a problem with the save game, a way to rule that out would be to load a new game and c if the problem is still there, then u'll know if its a data error or a save game error.

Archmagister
x4

Post by Archmagister » Sat, 14. Jul 07, 00:53

I think this is the right place to post this:

I have a problem with the ship installer; namely, I cannot seem to install the custom ships along with the cockpit mod(I forgot who is the author, it has the "ITS_ARG_CP_MOD_V1c" name in mod selector.)

When I use the standard game as the base mod in ship installer, everything seems to work fine, but there are no cockpits. I REALLY like cockpits, and have gotten so used to them in my game that I just can't imagine going back to the cockpit-less standard.
If I use ITS_ARG_CP_MOD_V1c as base mod in ship installer, the ship seems to install fine, but when I start the game I get an error that "X3 has encountered an error and has to shut down", or something to that extent.
I am unsure whether it is even possible to have custom ships installed along with the cockpit mod, but I suspect it is?
Is anyone else having this problem?
I really haven't a clue about what could be going wrong, so I hope you can help me.

dude03
x3tc

cant install custom ships used ship installer

Post by dude03 » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 15:20

:evil: i have the ship installer set base mod to ddrs then went to start up screen on x3 set it to ship creator and it still wont work

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 14:20

Cycrow

I'm currently using the following versions
Plugin Manager V1.83
Script Packager V1.83
Ship Installer V1.71
Ship Creator V1.71

To update to the new version 2.00 Can I just install 2.00 or do I have to uninstall the older versions first?

I looked thru the FAQ's on your site and could not find the answer there.

If I do need to uninstall the old versions then do I need to un-install any ships or scripts before un-installing the older versions

YB
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 14:52

No you don't have to but I highly RECOMMEND you uninstall the old "leagacy" script/ship installers you have before installing the newest one (minimizes any chance of somthing going wrong altho I don't think nothing will)
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”