[S] [02.03.08] [X3 3.3.04] Economy and Supply Trader (Trade MK3 II)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 20:23

Lucike wrote:The EST have 2 adv. commands, "Economics Trader: Ware Add/Remove" and "Economics Trader: Configuration". Both commands are not visible?

You could try the latest version.

-> Economy and Supply Trader (Version 3.3.03)
-> Needed Libraries (You must install this !)

The final version is not yet official in the English area. But you can use it. The user can change the command-slots in the language file. The scripts need not be changed.

Code: Select all

<page id="8005" title="Economics and Supply Trader" descr="">
   <t id="20000">419</t>
   <t id="20001">720</t>
   <t id="20002">1120</t>
   <t id="20003">1121</t>
   <t id="20004">1122</t>
   <t id="20005">1224</t>
   <t id="20006">1225</t>
</page>

<page id="2008" title="Script Object Commands" descr="">
   <t id="419">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER</t>
   <t id="720">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER_STAY</t>
   <t id="1120">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER_LOCK</t>
   <t id="1121">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER_CALC_PRICE</t>
   <t id="1122">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER_STATUS</t>
   <t id="1224">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER_CONFIG_WARE</t>
   <t id="1225">COMMAND_ECONOMICS_SUPPLY_TRADER_CONFIG</t>
</page>

The user can change the command-slots in the language file. The scripts need not be changed.

Example T-File -> http://www.lucike.info/x3_reunion/work/448005.pck

COMMAND_TYPE_TRADE_60 (460)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_60 (760)
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_58 (1158)
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_59 (1159)
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_60 (1160)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_59 (1259)
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_60 (1260)

Greets
Lucike

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 20:53

After messing around some more, I figured out how to get a copy of the pck file referenced (and yes, I saw that earlier post long ago) as an editable XML file. You have to install the script, start the game once, let the script initialize, and then exit the game. Then browse to the T folder and find the now-unpacked XML file which you can edit. The pck isn't in the T folder and so doesn't need to be removed. Making the edits so the commands are in the right slots should now work.

Seriously - all this so that English players can use the script? Had I known I wouldn't have gone near it in the first place. It would take someone who knows X3 scripting about five minutes to get the latest German version ready for English installs, and yet no one has. And there's no good link to an English version in the main post of this thread. One might think Lucike is actually trying to drive people nuts.

My recommendation for now Lucike is to do one of three things:
  1. Make a real package (spk) for english players of the most recent version, so people can install and play with the script. Upload it and give people a new download link in this thread in the main post.
  2. Fix the links in the main post so they point to a good, working English version, even if it isn't the latest German version.
  3. Remove all download links from the primary post in this thread, since you either don't have an English version, or can't/won't provide one.
I've spent enough time fighting with this script now. Going to take the rest of my weekend and try to enjoy it.
Last edited by Jaga_Telesin on Sun, 13. Apr 08, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 21:33

For those English players that have a buggy non-English copy or would like a working English copy of EST v3.3.04, you can PM me with an email address and I'll send you the SPK.

If Lucike doesn't mind, I'll put the English version of EST 3.3.04 on my webhost for download as a mirror. I won't be maintaining the English version of the script, I'm simply offering to help other English players who are having trouble finding a good copy.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 19:33

Lucike, Jaga, the latest 3304 (that I got from Jaga) appears to work correctly. Mercenaries Guild, Anarkis Carrier Commands, and the EST commands all seem to coexist nicely. I'll keep playing with it to see if there are other conflicts that we may have missed.

Thanks for getting this taken care of! Sorry I don't know much about these pck files, etc, and that I couldn't be of more help

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 21:43

Since I haven't heard any objection to posting the English copy of 3.3.04 on my site as a mirror host, I'm going to do just that. A link to the SPK package follows:

EST (English) v3.3.04 SPK

I'll leave the package there as long as necessary, or until my space goes away (which isn't likely). If you would like the SPK taken down Lucike, simply indicate so.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 07:45

I have servers also if you need help with this.

It's all working fine, still... Awesome job with this Lucike. Looking forward to more of your creations.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 05:09

I can see the option for configuration of EST as well as the add ware/remove option. I also see the options in the trade menu the only problem is I cannot select the options. I have all the necessary extentions installed but its not working. Is is possible that because the trade command MK1 was already built-in that im having this issue? I started with the Quickstart

--Thanks!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 08:01

What is your trading rank?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 11:38

jlehtone wrote:What is your trading rank?

Aha! I think I see where you're going. My rank is the default rank you start with in a new game. I didnt realize that rank played a part! Is this the problem?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 11:57

page 1 wrote:One must have trade rank of at least "Trader" to hire Economy and Supply Trader.

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 23:54

OK silly question but where can I find "Trading system extension" ? pls
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 00:16

Argon and Teladi Equipment Docks (perhaps some others, but I'm too lazy to find out).
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 20:49

Being a noob and horrified by anything but SPK scripts i have a couple questions:

#1 If i use the spk file so kindly linked by Jaga (thank you), do i need to do anyhting with the original brain jellyfying DL's from the main page?

#2 Is there any known issues with Xtended mod? Their website lists this as compatable but wanna double check here.

Thanks in advance...

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Thu, 26. Jun 08, 09:15

I had a Caiman Super Freighter using this script based in Home of Light. Everything is going fine, until it gets to Courier rank (5 jump range), and decides it's a good idea to travel thru Split Fire to get to a lasertower factory in Priest's Pity, and then back north thru Farnham's Legend to get to the trading station in Atreus' Clouds. The ship has Pirates set as Foe, so I do not know why it would decide to go thru those two. Is there a way of keeping the low level trader from traveling in Pirate sectors other than making sure to base them far away?

Also, I tend to have losses when the script jumps into Spaceweed Drift which has a Kha'ak Invasion going on - any suggestions on how to keep it out of the sector?

1st4ck

Post by 1st4ck » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 00:57

I am having a big problem with this script.

My Argon TS just keeps on "EST on Standby".

First i had it working good but since i started the game just few hours ago i wanted to increase the trades faster so i jumped in the TS and made some trades.

Them i wanted to make the TS go on EST trading again and now it always keep on "EST on Standby".

Also i noticed that if i assign some ware like energy cells then put on trader../start EST -> select sector. and after this i go to options and take a full review of what the TS have it show as trader wares "none".

Even if i assign the wares again it just keeps "EST on Standby".

I tryed all i could and nothing fixed this. i need some help plz.

1st4ck

Post by 1st4ck » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 01:39

i think i found what was causing the problem. i installed a best buy and a best sell locator on the ship.

I removed both from it and now the EST is working normal again.

Wiered it was sopose to work even better.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 09:02

Best Buy is never used for anything.

Best Sell Locator:
google translate wrote:The pilot no longer buys goods independently. He sells the goods in the cargo hold of his freighter and are then flies back to home base when a home base is.
Sounds like you can fill the ship with wares, start EST, it will sell what it has and then standby. And if it has homebase, it will standby there, so you can transfer more wares into the cargobay. Sort of mix between one shot sell and continuous sell.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

delta 38
x3

Post by delta 38 » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 13:31

Hi everyone :) , I'm an italian X3 player and was really looking forward to use this script (as by me UT traders are shortsighted in behaviour to say the least). But I can't get it to work :( , I downloaded the latest version 3.3.0.4. and followed the suggested install process, but when I load the game, it immediately sends me a message prompt, telling me that it has no language file. I have checked and the t files are in place.
I have encountered similar difficulties with other scripts, but its usually sufficient to edit the xml files in "t" directory. But I don't know how to fiddle with pck's.

Can you help me? :roll:

I'm running
X3 italian latest version
Bonus pack latest version
Fcs Mk III (With Gaius)
FCC Station Building
Various Lv Scripts

1st4ck

Post by 1st4ck » Thu, 31. Jul 08, 23:51

Hi guys i have another problem.

I have now 2 ships.

1 Mercury that id OK almost last lvl it have 8 wares and have done till now 7.6 Million credits anwsome.

1 Dolphin that have been fliwing for about 30 stazuras and made 1.5 Million Credits and is still on aprendice i can only set him with 1 ware after all this time.

I want to know what can be cousing this??

if anyone want i can give my save file to check. plz help its a pain to lvl the pilots any help is apreciated.

1st4ck

Post by 1st4ck » Fri, 1. Aug 08, 00:31

Problem solved i had to install trading system.

the best part was since i already had 30 stazuras of flight time it lvlup to max just after i installed it so i had no problem lvling :P

Now its all working.

i am a little noob still can someone tell me some good trading spots like this

Spot 1:
jumps: Nº
Wares to trade: names of wares.
Profit Hour Avr: In credits
Prerequesits: like relation with the race, minimal credits to start...

Spot 2:

If someone can help me just so i can make some goods tradings and find my own later.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”