[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software V1.05 : Updated 29/06/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

Excellant
79%
Good
12%
Ok
5%
Not So Good
1%
Terrible
1%
Its not really for me
2%

Total votes: 298

Jaxom01
x3tc

Post by Jaxom01 » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 20:14

I found a fix - well sorta, kinda .....

I don't use Salvage Claim Software anymore .... but installed Salvage Network .... which gives a similar option... but have to be within 1km of the ship to claim 'Claim Derelict Ship' and this works fine with the other scripts/mods as listed....

Found nothing similar on theXuniverse ... but there is a Tech Thread here on this problem ...... have posted there but ppl say oooooooooo you're running XTM .. we don't support that - go and ask them ...

All others (as far as I can see) with the tech problem are running XTM... but I get 'cited' for it lol ..... where should I post ..... no-one wants to claim responsibility ..... but the problem is really there !!!
:evil:
In Space No-One can hear you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

Pentium D Dual Core 3.0Ghz
Corsair XMS 4GB kit (2x2048MB) Memory
BFG nVidia 8600 GTS 256MB Graphics card
2 x 250GB Maxstor Sata 2 Raid 0
Abit Fata1ty Mobo NVidia 650i chipset
SoundBlaster X-Fi sound-card
Vista x64 Ultimate

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 20:46

It may be interlinked with XTM, but I don't think it's exclusively that as the root of the problem, mainly because many use it and don't report the problem.

I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Tue, 1. Apr 08, 01:21

@Jaxom01...It is is simple edit to edit the distance from 1000m to 5000m in Salvage Network...Give it a try.
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Tue, 1. Apr 08, 01:55

@Jaxom01...Magic Crystals 1.01 - Nividium has a problem.."read the post string there" that may be why you are experiancing problems..Lots of strange things happen when you use those crystals..Cheers
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 12:25

Hi Cycrow

I was wondering if you could help me with some confusion regarding the SOS sofware and the Salvage claim software.

OK. After discovering a conflict with the Shield Hacker, I checked and installed the Salvage Claim script. After removing the old SOS software. The problem is: I still have the SOS sofware for sale at pirate bases, as well as the Salvage Claim software at Teladi EQ docks. The old script conflict problem in the PM is still there to.

If I do not have the SOS script in the PM, then how do I get rid of it in game? Did it used to be part of an old bonus pack or something? I have had a look in the editor for an unistall script. However I only found the one which uninstalls the Salvage Claim software. Unless I missed it!

I have had a read through this thread and saw 2 or 3 other people with the same problem on page 15. I could not find if they were given a solution though.

any help appreciated.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 18:11

Buck_Rogers wrote:Hi Cycrow

I was wondering if you could help me with some confusion regarding the SOS sofware and the Salvage claim software.

OK. After discovering a conflict with the Shield Hacker, I checked and installed the Salvage Claim script. After removing the old SOS software. The problem is: I still have the SOS sofware for sale at pirate bases, as well as the Salvage Claim software at Teladi EQ docks. The old script conflict problem in the PM is still there to.

If I do not have the SOS script in the PM, then how do I get rid of it in game? Did it used to be part of an old bonus pack or something? I have had a look in the editor for an unistall script. However I only found the one which uninstalls the Salvage Claim software. Unless I missed it!

I have had a read through this thread and saw 2 or 3 other people with the same problem on page 15. I could not find if they were given a solution though.

any help appreciated.
the conflict only actually exists in the text files.

the current text file for SCS also has the text entries for SOSMK2.

So basically the text for SOSMK2 is overriding the Shield Hacker Text, so if you buy that, your actually getting the Shield Hacker instead, it should function correctly, just with the wrong name.

the conflict that displays in the PM is also due to the text and can be ignored.

if you really want to fix it, u'll have to edit the text file and remove the entry for SOSMK2.

I was planning on spliting the text files up to prevent this, but i just have not had any time to work on anything from X3

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 10:22

Thats's fine thank you Cycrow. Much appreciated

I shall try and edit the text file.

Just a point though. Will this edit remove both the SOS MKI and MKII software? Both are present in the pirate stations.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 00:53

OK. I have deleted out the following from the relevant (I think!) text file:

Code: Select all

<t id="5913">System Override Software MK2</t>
 <t id="5914">This software allows you to claim ships from a distance of up to 5km and will also allow the auto pilot to fly within range of a ship to claim it</t>
I am now left with this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<language id="44">
<page id="2008" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
 <t id="620">COMMAND_CLAIM_SHIP</t>
</page>

<page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="">
 <t id="620">Claim Ship</t>
</page>

<page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="">
 <t id="620">Claim</t>
</page>

<page id="17" title="wares" descr="0">
 <t id="10613">Salvage Claim Software</t>
 <t id="10614">This software allows you to claim ships from a distance of up to 5km and will also allow the auto pilot to fly within range of a ship to claim it</t>
</page>

<page id="7533" title="salvage claim software">
 <t id="1">Claim Targetted Ship</t>
</page>

</language>
I hope it is right. I have saved a copy of the original just in case.

Either way it seems to have worked. The SOS MKII software is no longer available in pirate stations. Although the SOS MKI is. I'm still not sure if that is supposed to be there. Also. Since I have not explored the entire universe yet, I have not found the Cartel Shield Hacker for sale just now.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 12:53

that is correct yeah.

the mk1 is from the standard game, so that should be available at pirate stations

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 14:00

:o

Well slap me silly with a wet kipper!!

You mean I actually managed to fix it myself? Sorry if that seems kinda simple to you Cycrow, but I just did'nt have a clue.

So thank you very very VERY much! :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 18:46

I have a question for you that has nothing to do with setup issues or not finding the ware in-game. :)

Does this have to be run ONLY from your personal ship, or can you use it OOS on another ship running out to claim a derelict?

My problem is my business empire has become so busy that I find myself spending all my time in my PHQ pushing papers from one side of my desk to the other, and no time to go out running all over the universe picking up stuff. (That's why I have a fleet of ships doing my work for me! ;) )

Quite often, I have a ship already in the local area that can claim a ship much faster and easier than for me to find a free ship in the docking bay, put a copy of the SCS in my briefcase and jump into the pilot seat, go through all the usual pre-flight checks, get clearance from the docking control to leave the station, then try to remember where it was I saw the ship in space, set my jump coordinates (making sure I have enough fuel for it) and fly out there....ugh. 8)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 20:58

the claim hotkey only works on the players ship, as its just a shortcut command for the player.

however the actual command thats also available from the command console will work on any of your ships, and will fly to the ship to claim it.

so it will work even if the ships you command is not in the same sector

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Mon, 30. Jun 08, 18:48

Hmm, well I recently tried it on a ship OOS, and it did seem to fly over to the derelict ship, but it didn't look like it clamed it when it got there. Does it matter what kind of ship I use to claim with (ship type, equipment installed, etc.)?

I'll try again and see. Maybe it was a fluke, or something else "wrong" with the ship I used last time.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Tue, 1. Jul 08, 00:58

Ok, I just tried it again using a Mako OOS. It was a bare bones exploration ship, not armed or anything, but equipped with the SCS. As soon as I gave the order, it stopped in its tracks and just sat there, even though the computer acknowledged the order. Even when I ordered the ship to move closer manually and gave the claim order...nothing.

So I got in a ship, jumped over there, tried it again IS, but still no go. I then transported the SCS to my own ship, and as soon as it installed itself in my personal ship, I got the message of the new ship being claimed (before I could run the command again on my ship).

Using the SCS on the Mako again, I tried it on another ship I found floating in space, but this time the Mako was armed. Doing it OOS (nothing again) and then IS -- and finally it worked.

So it seems to require an armed ship doing it IS for it to work properly. "Armed" isn't the problem...that's easy to do. But "IS" still means I need to run all over the galaxy for it.

Which leads me to wonder... Who am I pointing guns at? :D

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Tue, 1. Jul 08, 02:10

Ok, one more and I think I'll leave you alone for a while. :)

I think I found the problem, and at least a portion of it is not your doing. heh

I was poking around in the script plugin.salvageclaim.enable, the key element in this scenario. I also looked inside the script plugin.salvageclaim.claim (which is for the hotkey) for comparison.

First thing I noticed was a specific reference to "Playership" in all lines associating the ship being used to claim a derelict. If I use the command on ANY ship, I would find my own ship moving into position before the empty ship is claimed, and I suppose this would happen no matter where in the universe I was (so long as I'm not docked, I guess), or what ship I ran the command on.

Therefore, it doesn't work OOS, because *I*, myself, am not 5Km from the empty ship. Also, this is probably why it did work those couple of times using the Mako (and only while IS)...because I also happened to be 5km from the new ship at the time.

So I changed all lines from "Playership" to "This" to reference the current ship. Then I noticed another bug...

The script checks for ships with 0 speed, which makes sense. The problem, in this case, is the ship is a result of the Bail Extensions, and it's not showing speed 0 when you run the check on it, even though it's not visibly moving on the sector map. Go IS, and it seems to be ok, so it's an issue of OOS and the ship showing the last running speed before the pilot bailed. Weird. I need to bring this up with the guy making the Bail script.

My solution, for the moment, is to comment out that part till a proper fix is ready. It shouldn't be a problem -- the script has plenty of other checks in it to make sure I don't go around claiming a ship while the pilot is still flying it. :D

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Tue, 1. Jul 08, 10:51

SORRY FOR BEING A PLANK

but i got the spk file
and the thing to use it, but will it how do i use it, in game

Doral74
x3

Small problem

Post by Doral74 » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 01:32

NM sorry about that, I am apparently completely blind. Sorry for the trouble.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. Jul 08, 18:46

jumbled wrote: The script checks for ships with 0 speed, which makes sense. The problem, in this case, is the ship is a result of the Bail Extensions, and it's not showing speed 0 when you run the check on it, even though it's not visibly moving on the sector map. Go IS, and it seems to be ok, so it's an issue of OOS and the ship showing the last running speed before the pilot bailed. Weird. I need to bring this up with the guy making the Bail script.
i fear this maybe a general OOs problem, certain things arn't too acurate when in OOS.

interestingly thou, i just check and it seems the current salvage claim script is version 103, it should be 105

which actually fixed the [PLAYERSHIP] thing, but i've no idea what happened to that. Must have been when i lost the latest versions of several other scripts.

however, for OOS, there is a work around, you could edit it so the speed check only happens IS

just check for the sector id, cant remember the exact command without checking, but its something like, if [THIS] -> get sector id

if it returns an id, its IS, if it doesn't, its OOS

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 1. Aug 08, 22:50

Hi Cyrow,

Great script and I've been using it without issue with XTM and a whole load of other stuff for ages.

Anyway, I recently decided to give the New Horizons mod a go as I needed something different for a while. Been having fun & got to the point where I could buy the System Override Software MK2.

I went into the key settings & ensured that 'Claim Targeted Ship' was set to 'SHIFT+2' as I was used to.

Problem is I can't Claim anything any more! I checked the Piracy Menu & noticed that Option 2 that was claim ship has been replaced by the 'NH: Hacking II Console' - so I guess that's what's stopping things working.

Any idea how I could get round this? Happy to edit via the scripting engine if you can give me some pointers.

*** EDIT ***

Isn't it funny how you always spot something 5 minutes after you've asked for help? Lol

Anyway, I double checked the script & for the hot key to function it appears to be checking for 'Salvage Claim Software' to be present not ' System Override Software Mk2' - weird. I'm guessing I must have broken something or inadvertantly installed an older version...

I'm running 1.05 of the 'Salvage Claim Software'
There is a ware called 'System Override Software MK2' available and installed on my ship.
Nothing worked until I also added the vanilla 'Salvage Claim Software'

Oh yeah, I've also got both '2: Claim Ship' and '3: NH: Hacking II Console' options in my piracy menu now.

I've gone & gotten myself confused - I thought SOSMk2 superceded SCS??

Sorry to have been a pain lol.

*** EDIT 2 ***

Ok, I'm being a muppet..looks like there's a version of SCS built in to the New Horizons mod...the fact I had the latest version installed already i]ibefore[/i] I applied the NH mod cause the problems.

Note to self: do NOT try to install scripts on a Friday night after a long hard week at work when it's already late and you really should be in bed. ;)

Thanks,

Scoob.

Gallapoo

Post by Gallapoo » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 06:06

Hey Cyrow, I've been having a little bit of a problem with your script. It seems after I use it it disables the in-game voice for some reason. If you could help me figure out why this happens it would be great.
Thanks
-kevin

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”