[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v3.05 - 06.10.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vaylies

Post by vaylies » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 06:32

Hi there, first time posting here but seems to have some problem with the remote guided warhead factory.
Bought a L size missile factory from Ashleys shipyard, built it,waited for the auto fixer to enable the factory, use your hot key to change the factory to produce your RGWs. Everything works fine till now and the RGWs started to produce. Hooked it up to my missile complex and things still runs.
BUT...when I try to build more fads into my missile complex, the RGB fab stops working. Spend a few hours on it and it seems that Ashleys fixer( be it auto or manual) will try to "fix" the RGW fab and cause it to hang.....pretty sad.
Anyway my qurry to you is that does your RGW fad maker works only on the orginal X3 missile fads and not on Ashleys?
Small missile factories......."yuck"
PS: love the way the goblins treats me like the Overlord :D

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 09:29

I rather enjoy it ignoring missiles because i only really use this script on cap ships so it doesn't switch away from its target for a million wasp missiles spammed at me from a k. and i got over the being annoyed over the target switching when i remembered that the other script would hammer a p with pbe's instead of the gppc just cause it was close

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 10:36

vaylies wrote:BUT...when I try to build more fads into my missile complex, the RGB fab stops working. Spend a few hours on it and it seems that Ashleys fixer( be it auto or manual) will try to "fix" the RGW fab and cause it to hang.....pretty sad.
Hmm. I never thought of Ashley's but there's really no way around that.
It's probably intended to do that so I can't fix it without possibly breaking other functions of the Ashley fixer.

Ashley's doesn't touch small missile factories because they are properly built by the X3 core so I guess small factories is it.
PS: love the way the goblins treats me like the Overlord :D
Har har! There are enough scripts that take themselves overly seriously. =P

nitromethane wrote:I got over the being annoyed over the target switching when i remembered that the other script would hammer a p with pbe's instead of the gppc just cause it was close
Well, it might do just that because a P is an extremely nimble ship for it's size. But then again, it might greet an M5 with GPPC when it's doing a nice straight attack run. *shrug*
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

vaylies

Post by vaylies » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 13:26

Ashley's doesn't touch small missile factories because they are properly built by the X3 core so I guess small factories is it.
Hmm...ok so its a small RGW fab x5 complex then, thanks for the reply.
Strange few plp seems to be interested in the RGWs. They are fun to play with espically in the Xenon sectors. In its red zone any ship with 50MJ or less shield is a gonner. Clears up the Xenon Ns and Ms leaving only the better pickings.
Many plp do not use missiles thinking they are a waste of money. But the point is that once you get pass the 100 million spare cash mark, building a missile complex to spam them at enemies is a pleasure.
Oh and though I like the goblins as they add roleplaying realism to loot picking(other scripts says it uses the transporter to beam the loot in but it just feels too fake)
BUT....you are not kidding when you say they are cowardly. Use them in fights and all they do is block my PSGs from firing.
Oh well I guess I am asking too much from a bunch of goblins........

Odin83
x3tc

Post by Odin83 » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 23:32

Hi Gazz ! Fabulous script and really great job !!!

when you say :
Automatic Firepower Management
MARS continuously adapts the rate of fire of every laser to optimally match your current FPS.
do you mean that your script manage to not slow down the FPS of the game !
or
that it manage the firing rate accordingly with the refilling rate of the laser power ?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 06:15

A bit of both.
The brute force approach to this is to give a fire order every frame and see what happens.

What MARS does is to auto-adjust the wait it uses so it gets maximum firepower by finding the "perfect wait".
That way every laser can fire at the optimal delay without excessive trial and error.

Basically MARS does not care about your FPS, though.
Use a simpler script if you do. =P
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Odin83
x3tc

Post by Odin83 » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 18:35

Thanks for your response and your reactivity Gazz !

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 12. Oct 08, 20:00

Version 2.95 released.
  • If you have an own stationary ship targeted (Satellite, Lasertower, SQUASH) targeted then you can send goblins to collect this exact type.
  • Especially when a goblin has to tow a heavy load, it's range is quite limited.
    When the fuel is getting low it will return to the mothership while a colleague launches to take over.
Satellite Deployment:
  • Hotkey : Deploy Satellites

From the cockpit you have more direct control while on the sector map, all your ships work together to execute the command.

If you use this hotkey in the cockpit:
    • the command is only given to one of your ships if you have one targeted
    • if not, it's given to your own ship only
    If you use the hotkey on any sector map,
    • the command is potentially executed by all ships in the sector
    • They do not waste any effort but instead try to do the job in the most efficient manner.
    • If a ship with satellites in the cargo bay is closer to the far gate of the sector, this one will deploy the satellite destined for that gate and all ships' goblins will work together to tow the satellites into place.
      If your TS that brought the satellites only has one drone aboard that is not going to delay matters since all other MARS ships are in the sector will assist.
  • Only Advanced Satellites are used.
  • An AL Plugin allows you to set how many satellites should be deployed with the default 1x Hotkey function.
  • Hotkey 1x: Deploy default
    as set with the AL Plugin.
  • Hotkey 2x: Collect all Adv Satellites
    The ship(s) with the most free cargo space will collect as many satellites as it can with one swarm of goblins.
    A regular ship like a TS can collect 8 sats at once, a capital ship 12.

If you give the order from a sector map and the ship runs out cargo space, free goblins, or is simply out of range to get all satellites, other ships will assist.

From the cockpit you can order one specific ship to do the collection.
  • There are 3 extra modes to override the preset deployment pattern of the AL Plugin
  • Hotkey 3x:
    Deploy 1 sat per jump gate
  • Hotkey 4x:
    + 8 in box formation
  • Hotkey 5x:
    + 8 in box formation
    + light up all trade lanes between all jump gates
  • If a deploy order is interrupted / unfinished for any reason then MARS ships in the sector will attempt to complete it.
    After 1 hour the order is forgotten and has to be reissued manually.
    (running such a script indefinitely is uhh... bad =)
  • A deploy command can be aborted and resumed at any time using the hotkeys.

For instance, you may have given a global RTB command to all goblins.
    If you give another deployment order from the sector map, all ships in range will launch goblins to finish towing the satellites into formation.
  • A satellite stays part of the formation until a goblin starts towing it away.
    You will see this from the name change.

Version 3.03 released.
  • Fix for the Tractor Beam when using the Racial Lasers Mod.
  • MARS now available in all non-Goner ED.
  • Transporter Device no longer required to deploy or recover Goblins.
  • When your ship's turrets start tracking / turning towards an enemy, the board computer will say "Target locked on".
    This message is reset after 5 minutes of inactivity.
  • Droit de Seigneur
    If you order a goblin from your ship to collect a specific cargo container or ship then this takes precedence over all other collecting ships in the sector, even if another goblin is already enroute to or towing this target.

If your ship does not have any free goblins at the moment, this only chases away the other goblin that may be enroute to this target.

So if you decide that you want this crate of mosquitos instead of your cargo collecting TS you just go MINE! and send a goblin to grab it.
  • If Goblins automatically (see Cargo Collection below) bring abandoned ships back to the mothership, they drop them in the general vicinity.
    If they do that on a manually given order (abandoned ship targeted) they bring them all to a spot in front of the mothership.
    With all ships bunched up in front of you, you don't have to do any fancy flying with your 4km ship.
    Just fly next to them and capture them using the SOS software.
    (On capital ships, the SOS has an enormous range, too.)
  • Goblins can no longer be sent to attack/recover jump gates, asteroids, or other such weird things.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:07

Version 3.04 released.

Fixed a bug in a library that is used with the Sat Deploy hotkey.

GhostWulfe

Post by GhostWulfe » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 22:46

Ok man I dont know what happened but it was a good thing I backed up
my files because I got black screen and kicked back to my desktop!!!!!
I did what was asked to do which was copy both folders to the directory...

GhostWulfe

Need help with M.A.R.S

Post by GhostWulfe » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:37

Ok im sort of new at this so bare with me
I downloaded Te MARS turret control and it came with two folders T and
Script. I saved my originals and then merged the two tried to play my saved game and got kicked to my desktop...ok fine...tried to do a new game kicked back to my desktop....read all over this form NOTHING
Tried to tell the author in his thread no response as of yet.
So can some one help me please

Insane_Machine
x4

Post by Insane_Machine » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:28

What is your game language set to? If it's not English (44) or German (49 i think) you will need to rename the files in t to start with your language version. I am not sure if you need to edit the file as well, but the very top of it looks like:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<language id="44">

so you might need to change that as well

Also see if restoring the originals makes it work again. If not, then you didn't install it properly.
Last edited by Insane_Machine on Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

GhostWulfe

Post by GhostWulfe » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:40

Insane_Machine wrote:What is your game language set to? If it's not English (44) or German (49 i think) you will need to rename the files in t to start with your language version. I am not sure if you need to edit the file as well, but the very top of it looks like:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<language id="44">

so you might need to change that as well
It is english ok ill give it a try

GhostWulfe

Post by GhostWulfe » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 23:18

Well I am at my wits end with this thing it sounds like a good deal but I
cannot get it to run The scripts are in english I have tried to run it clean
patched and unpatched it just hates me.. I still get kicked back to the desktop :lol: :lol: :evil:
Oh well if Cycrow is reading this please help or somthing seems like others got it to work

Insane_Machine
x4

Post by Insane_Machine » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:38

Are you running any other scripts?

GhostWulfe

Post by GhostWulfe » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 02:09

No I was not But some how I found another down load of it and it works as far as I can tell I think I found the problem It was the X2 script file in the first one I down loaded Ill keep you posted and thanks

Norad2000x

Some problems with MARS

Post by Norad2000x » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 21:29

Hey! I love your script! I've been using it in X3-TC but am playing Reunion cause it's more fun :)

There is a problem though...I'm running XTM and CMOD2. I install MARS and it works. My Tiger automatically switches weapons and (tries to) obliterate the enemies. However, I tried to modify the xx7047.xml to match CMOD specs (weapon speed, dmg) and that somehow broke it. The turrets all switch to a single gun (as usual), but none would fire.

Which values within xx7047.xml should I be adjusting? I've been changing non-race based weapons, the ones at the end of the file (i.e. <t id="3840">- - A IRE</t> etc.)

EDIT:
I've tried tweaking with different values within 7047.xml. allowing it to fire at neutral stations, increasing hit envelope, etc. Turrets just won't fire :(
/EDIT
I would really love to use this script. Please help! :(

Nadrek

BUG: "Laser not available" spam 2.60->3.04 upgrd, X3R 2.5

Post by Nadrek » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 19:29

X3 Reunion 2.5, English (44)
Also using Complex cleaner, Anarkis, and a few others (no change to the others)
AL set so all enemies use MARS too (fair is fair).

MARS 2.60 had been working just fine - I decided to upgrade to MARS 3.04.

Saved, shut down Reunion.
Renamed the old two T-files to have extension .old260 instead of .xml
Copied in the new t-files
Used Notepad to reset the settings I'd already changed in the .260 t-files (4100 safety range, a few other updates - a higher fear of missiles, for one).
Copied in every file in the scripts directory, overwriting the old scripts.
Started Reunion from my savegame (where I have scores of ships using MARS, not all of which are initialized - i.e. I turned on MARS while I was OOS, and haven't been IS yet).
Got a message about upgrading to 3.04.
Waited.
Got a message saying upgrade was complete. Started hearing "laser not available" - ignored it for a few minutes doing imperial paperwork (Xai Corp Equip Ship As, mostly, to keep the fleet expanding).
Saved
Quit
Quit out completely
Started again
Reloaded
"Laser not available" repeated every few seconds.
Saved, quit, reloaded, still the spam.
On my own ship, switching all my turrets from MARS Defense to Offense did nothing. Switching all turrets to NONE did nothing.
Switching from an Ody to a Caiman Super (with turret) to Hyperion did nothing.
Moving the Hyperion to an otherwise empty sector (Unknown near Getsu Fune) did nothing.
i.e. still getting "laser not available" spam.

MARS, however, still appears to function when I took my Oddy into pirate alley - mostly HEPT fire, but some PAC and FLAK when appropriate.

I know you've moved on to Terran Conflict - but if you don't want to spend the time on this, please let me know if it's safe to go back to 2.60.

Thank you, again, for a wonderful and challenging script

Norad2000x

Post by Norad2000x » Wed, 10. Dec 08, 09:00

Nadrek you may be able to help me...

Did you edit the laser specs? if so, which version did you edit for each laser?

Nadrek

Post by Nadrek » Wed, 10. Dec 08, 14:49

To my knowledge, I have done no editing of any laser specs.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”