[SCRIPT] BBS Extras V1.61 : Updated 04/12/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 21:09

the link is fine, its working for me internally.

so it might just be a dns problem, can u access anything from the site,
http://x3.ircwhore.co.uk

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 05:26

I gave this a try. First time, I got 'Page could not be displayed'

So I kicked my VisualRoute up and checked the data. Results were weird

As you can see, hops 9-13 don't respond, as well as a couple inside the NTL network.

I don't know who your provider is, but you might want to check with them.

I was, eventually, able to get your web site, but it was very slow and unstable connection wise.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

starjumper
x4

Hi Cycrow

Post by starjumper » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 05:27

Hi, was trying to download from your site but system always times out trying to reach your site.

Is the some where more accesible to download your scripts, been trying now for weeks.

Thanks Rob Starjumper

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 12:47

my isp is NTL, my servers are run on my home connection.

i will shortly be uploading all the files to a mirror server, once thats done, u should be able to download from there too

starjumper
x4

Scripts

Post by starjumper » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 23:56

Hi, and thanks for the reply, looking forward to the scripts.

Rob Starjumper
:)

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 17. Mar 07, 05:41

I just tried the ship script and got me a condor... nice idea, I would never have gotten one through normal game play because the Teladi are my arch enemy... ;)
And I am curious - are there Xenon or Khaak ships in the mix, too?
Or are those impossible to own in an unmodded game?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 17. Mar 07, 10:18

no theres no xenon or kha'ak ships avaialble.

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

UnInstall Scripts

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 14:47

Whenever I run your latest version of the Script Installer it states and Ask: YOU HAVE UNINSTALLL SCRIPTS PRESENT. WOULD YOU LIKE TO REMOVE THEM NOW? [YES][NO]

Thus far I've been saying NO... however... is there more to this that I understand. Do I want to remvoe them? What exactly does this mean?

Advanced Thanx.

P.S. I installed version 1.86 this morning... looks great, and as a lot more to it (was using v1.60). But I have to say; I'm going to miss those Big Red & Green On/Off Lights :(
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 22:31

uninstall scripts are scripts that are used to remove certain elements for the game.

when you uninstall a script, if it has any uninstall scripts, it copies these into the scripts directory so they can be run when you play the game next. These can remove stuff like wares from the game that are no longer required.

so once you've run the game after uinstalling, then you can safetly remove these scripts as they are no longer required

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 23:03

Very Cool... and VERY Convenient. Thanx!!!
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 20:53

is it been volitional that i got the message to buy gate info and station info,
when i have allready all explored in a sektor?
I find it a bit confusing, as i then normally pay again but won't get any new information.

Do i get all capitol ships offered which i have installed, through a xsp file too?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 11. May 07, 22:39

Hi Cycrow: I really don't know if this is from this script, but sometime in the BBS messeges apper a satellite service for an XX amount of credits per hour and replace any destroyed sattellite. If this service is from your script, how I can get it permanently and not by chance. I mean permanently that every time I dock in a sector station I received the massage, of cours until I pay for the service.

Thanks...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 12. May 07, 03:48

its not from the script, i did plan to make a satlite deployment server but i never finished it.

i do have a replacement service for the Satalite Early Warning Network, u pay a small amout per sector for the contract.

as for permantly get the message, that isn't possible, u can only make it so it has a good chance of showing up, but there will still be a random element involved

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 12. May 07, 05:01

Cycrow wrote:its not from the script, i did plan to make a satlite deployment server but i never finished it.

i do have a replacement service for the Satalite Early Warning Network, u pay a small amout per sector for the contract.

as for permantly get the message, that isn't possible, u can only make it so it has a good chance of showing up, but there will still be a random element involved
Ok, that's the one that appear in my bbs message. If is a random element how I can make it less random, more posibility to apper?(if it can be done)

I known that you have a lot of work with SW mod but do you have plans to finish the satellite deploymet service in a near future?

Thanks...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 12. May 07, 12:41

i dont have any plans to finish the satalite deployment script, maybe eventually i will.

as for increase the chance to make it show up, that is done in the main BBS script and you change the value that it returns in the "prio" section to 100

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 12. May 07, 14:28

Cycrow wrote:i dont have any plans to finish the satalite deployment script, maybe eventually i will.

as for increase the chance to make it show up, that is done in the main BBS script and you change the value that it returns in the "prio" section to 100
Thanks Cycrow...

DrewB
x3

Post by DrewB » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 05:10

Yay!!! I won the Lotto!!! :lol:
[ external image ]

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 16:46

Will this reward a lottery win with An M3,M4 or M5 from the stock game or can it also use an extra ships installed. i.e. from the ship installer or a mod like XTM

Thanks in advance
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 16:56

it uses my random ship library scripts, so anything thats added in there will work.

i do plan to update them, they currently work for DDRS and XTM when installed, and i will make it work XFP and custom ships as well

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 17:02

Cycrow wrote:it uses my random ship library scripts, so anything thats added in there will work.

i do plan to update them, they currently work for DDRS and XTM when installed, and i will make it work XFP and custom ships as well
Thanks for the very quick response. Using XTM myself with a few added in via your "ship installer" so :D :D

Cheers KA
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”