[SCRIPT] ACC: Anarkis Carrier Commands | v1.40 | 17 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 12:56

misioooo wrote:Both sources (rar and spk) 403 - Forbidden :(
Yup, could someone please upp it to sendspace.com or box.net?

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 13:15

as expressed on the first page:

"third party distribution not allowed"

i have emailed serial, to see if it would be possible to maintain this project, but as of yet, ive had no reply (probably wont get one either)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 13:27

sphr wrote:Until I modify it enough that I can call the derivative work partially my own... or more likely, use ACC's experience and create a new command framework that will hopefully be easier to use? I don't think I should start passing out modified versions of the scripts without the owner's permission.
Always a problem, when the author is no longer active and did not arrange clarify the IPR issues as farewell gift.

As example, the Factory Complex Constructor (FCC). Original author: triple81. Handed maintenance over to Lt. Ford about a year ago (or actually was not on forum for couple months, but then popped in to grant rights). And later Profitlord took over.

There is a rather new Carrier Command script, still in beta status, on the German side. The CODEA (Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack). Naturally different from ACC. CODEA lacks english language-file, but seems trivial to translate. Requires MEFOS, which is rewrite of the X2 AEGIS. MEFOS has english language file.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 13:35

just a suggestion:
if a few of the more 'experienced' scripters got together and wrote an 'upgrade' on ACC (still keeping the same feel, but rewriting from scratch), i think it could do wonders

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 13:41

Osiris_sam wrote:just a suggestion:
if a few of the more 'experienced' scripters got together and wrote an 'upgrade' on ACC (still keeping the same feel, but rewriting from scratch), i think it could do wonders
Agreement here. Tried to get in touch with serial myself with no luck.

It would be a great shame if all his hard work just stops being functional due to lack of progress, but such is life.

Hopefully someone will find time to do a rewrite to continue the idea as ACC is still very popular at present.
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 13:47

im busy writing a defence network script atm, but, i think it would be great to have some degree of carrier automation in it, why i suggested a team of scripters do it:
workload is greatly reduced...
more input means better script

just my views

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 14:29

I'd be happy to help, I'll just have to get into scripting first.

sphr
x4

Post by sphr » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 16:57

Osiris_sam wrote:im busy writing a defence network script atm, but, i think it would be great to have some degree of carrier automation in it, why i suggested a team of scripters do it:
workload is greatly reduced...
more input means better script

just my views
hmm I would think that a better framework is more useful for cooperating scripts (which can work alone or together), rather than just throwing more manpower (and having to deal with the conflicts and interfacing only when it occurs)

1) to avoid the scripts each being monolithic which high chance of conflicting.
2) easy extensibility to a framework (e.g. A person can just add a new part which will be integrated nicely and automatically into ACC without having to rewrite anything).
3) drafting of script-independent data formats that allows cross-script usage of same data.

e.g. I can create a "ship template" format that contains the ship type as well as an array of wares, their upper limit and their lower limit. This template can both be used as a guide to automatically buy, outfit ships. Then it can be used by different scripts like: A person writes a script to make a TS receive a "order" and automatically search and buy shields/weapons and equipment to outfit new ships or replace destroyed equipments on existing ships. Another person may write a ship that uses this template to maintain certain supplies that energy, ammo and missiles for a fleet (e.g. maybe FSUP can be upgraded have variants of certain script that takes in a template instead)

The data structure design can be community maintained so that they don't get "lost" just because the first script that uses it becomes obselete, or the script creator takes a RL break.

just some more tots atm.

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 17:02

this was the issue i was getting at, there are several scripters (including myself) who are looking for a carrier automation script (of some description) that can be used as part of a large project (while still being usable by other people), in an effort to get scripts working together more efficiently

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 22:36

This is one of the most complete scripts for Carriers

But it misses one basic thing...

Once the fighters break the fight due to damage and land they don't get repaired...

Is there a change to include on this script something like "Carrier repair system" to repair landed ships. Where each hull point repaired is payed by credits???

Thanks

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 22:41

Lidza wrote:This is one of the most complete scripts for Carriers

But it misses one basic thing...

Once the fighters break the fight due to damage and land they don't get repaired...

Is there a change to include on this script something like "Carrier repair system" to repair landed ships. Where each hull point repaired is payed by credits???

Thanks
On the same line... automatic resupply

Set a resupply group (transporters) and set resupply quotas for items. I mean go beyond what the script already does... and make it fully automatic.

For example set resupply of energy at 1000... the carrier jump to a new system, burned 800... automatically the transporter group (if no enemy on the radar) gets out to resupply the carrier.

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 23:09

*use edit function*

this could be addressed if a new framework was created, following serial's work.

sphr
x4

Post by sphr » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 07:51

Lidza wrote: Is there a change to include on this script something like "Carrier repair system" to repair landed ships. Where each hull point repaired is payed by credits???

Thanks
well, in the long wait for such a thing, you can just install Cycrow's Capitol Ship Crew. The mechanic inside repairs capitol ships it is assigned too, as well as ships docked. I've used it for ages with ACC with no prob. The only catch is that if equipment is actually destroyed, it doesn't get replaced. (only repairs hull of docked fighters)

Peaches
x2

Post by Peaches » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 17:01

anyone know what the deal is with Serial Kicks site?

Arziel
x3tc

Location of Anarkis Carrier Commands Link

Post by Arziel » Thu, 2. Aug 07, 01:30

First, sorry I'm not posting this in the official thread for the mod, but does anyone have the location of the mod? Or could send it to me? The 'auxiliary link on pg 84 gives a 403 error.

Thx,

Az

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 14:54

If anybody is struggling to get the script while Serial's site is offline, please PM me an email address and I will forward the 1.4 script version to you.

Mitch.

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 05:29

plz send me a pm and the link

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 17:19

Here is a link for the Anarkis Carrier Commands 1.40

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 01:30

I would like to suggest a modification to the script:

anarkis.cmd.shortcut.cleansector.xml:

Code: Select all

$lastCarrier = [THIS] -> call script 'anarkis.getLastCarrier' : 
 $class = $lastCarrier -> get object class
if $class == TL OR $class == M1
  $lastCarrier -> start task 12 with script 'anarkis.cmd.cleansector' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
end
return null

anarkis.cmd.shortcut.dockall.xml:

@ $lastCarrier = [THIS] -> call script 'anarkis.getLastCarrier' : 
$class = $lastCarrier -> get object class
if $class == TL OR $class == M1
$lastCarrier -> start task 12 with script 'anarkis.cmd.dockall.secure' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
end
return null
and create this:

anarkis.getLastCarrier.xml:

001  $carrier = [THIS]
002   if [THIS] -> is of class M1 or [THIS] is of class TL
003    set global variable: name='ACC.LastCarrier' value=[THIS]
004   end
005   $LastCarrier = get global variable: name='ACC.LastCarrier'
006   if $LastCarrier -> exists
007    $carrier = $LastCarrier
008   end
009   return $carrier

By doing this the script will remember the last carrier used and you will be able to issue commands remotely without stopping the carrier's task.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 10:04

@JumerBR

Nice touch, unfortunately Serial, the creator of this script, is no longer on the forums :( , and he didn't assign anyone to take over this script. Thus, it will probably never get updated, just overhauled by someone else who can completely re-write it.

I think Osiris_Sam is looking at creating a carrier automation script, but don't take my word on it.

P.S. could you PM me if you are willing to email me your modified scripts Thanks
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”