[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Excellent
67%
Good
25%
Average
4%
Poor
1%
Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 360

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: hello all

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 12:05

kameo wrote:is there a message warning you that you took
the ownership of the sector ?
Nope, no message.
Is there any way to check the sector is now mine ?
Open the Universe map, highlight the sector and look at the top on the right, where it sais Race your player name should show there instead of Xenon.

MFG

Ketraar

kameo
x3

Post by kameo » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:18

Damn, they're pretty angry about my takeover...

In fact, up to now, I had to deal with :
2 Xenon J
2 Xenon Q
15 Xenon P raiders
about 20 LX, 30 L, 50 M...

It's not a real problem coz' you can disable that, but
I found it fun to had to change my plans to keep this
sector. I had to put my M2 and a XL weapon plateform
to handle this :) Did a lot's of cap as well coz' thoses
fight are very regular ! Seems they stop sending carrier
and destroyers but are very very regular on P/LX/L/M !!

Other races created some factories in my sector (~8),
very fun as well, exept those stupid guyz that build an
ore mine just a few meters (and I really mean meters)
of the entry point to my trading stations !!!

Tss, I moved my station but teladi definitly doesn't know
how to behave like gentelmen when it comes to profitsssss.

Lot's of fun indeed, thanks a lot for this !

kameo
x3

Post by kameo » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:19

Damn, they're pretty angry about my takeover...

In fact, up to now, I had to deal with :
2 Xenon J
2 Xenon Q
15 Xenon P raiders
about 20 LX, 30 L, 50 M...

It's not a real problem coz' you can disable that, but
I found it fun to had to change my plans to keep this
sector. I had to put my M2 and a XL weapon plateform
to handle this :) Did a lot's of cap as well coz' thoses
fight are very regular ! Seems they stop sending carrier
and destroyers but are very very regular on P/LX/L/M !!

Other races created some factories in my sector (~8),
very fun as well, exept those stupid guyz that build an
ore mine just a few meters (and I really mean meters)
of the entry point to my trading stations !!!

Tss, I moved my station but teladi definitly doesn't know
how to behave like gentelmen when it comes to profitsssss.

Lot's of fun indeed, thanks a lot for this !

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 06:57

Sounds like those Xenon really didn't wanna lose their sector. And that is indeed a dirty trick by the AI, thank GoD for the tractor beam huh?
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 06:58

Sounds like those Xenon really didn't wanna lose their sector. And that is indeed a dirty trick by the AI, thank GoD for the tractor beam huh?
Nirwin
------

kameo
x3

Post by kameo » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 10:16

Well I let the game run (not in SETA) during the day and they managed to finally kick my XL OWP and my trading station while the pilotIA of my destroyer decided to jump to another sector to make some cleanup...

They got me dude... But I'll be back, there'll be xenon parts all around the sector, you can bet on it !!
Spoiler
Show
I managed to cap an LX so now I'm producing them in my PHQ. Thoses ships are amazing, I finally droped my medusa to fly one of those beast and I'm creating an LX wing... It's gonna be bloody, I can tell !
[/spoiler]

Maxim Ownage

Post by Maxim Ownage » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 06:00

Does this script work with version 2.5?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 13:23

Yes this script works with 2.5 (so far at least).

@kameo
If the Xenon could be afraid, I think that would do it.
Nirwin
------

Cirrus CZ
x3

Post by Cirrus CZ » Mon, 18. Feb 08, 19:25

I always wonder, why newly spawned stations are so far from the center of a claimed sector...? Its pretty bad, because they re sometimes almost 50km far away :( any chance to change it?

And another thing... in my claimed sector I have built a mega complex ... and after claiming (many playing days ago), only 3 new stations have spawned... WHY?

Otherway .. THNX for GREAT script!! :wink:

Cirrus
:: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (@3GHz) Windsor AM2, AC Freezer 64 Pro, 2x1GB + 2x512MB DDR2 667MHz A-Data, Asus M2R32-MVP PCI-E, Gigabyte Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3 + Accelero S1, 2x250GB Western Digital SataII 16MB, Xilence Power 600W ::

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 18. Feb 08, 23:07

Cirrus CZ wrote:I always wonder, why newly spawned stations are so far from the center of a claimed sector...? Its pretty bad, because they re sometimes almost 50km far away :( any chance to change it?

And another thing... in my claimed sector I have built a mega complex ... and after claiming (many playing days ago), only 3 new stations have spawned... WHY?

Otherway .. THNX for GREAT script!! :wink:

Cirrus
First point
Ok, well spotted, the rationale for the station spawning positions is this:
You cannot check if a station you are about to place (or have placed) is colliding with another object.
You also do not know the size of a sector (other than calculating via gate positions which is very unreliable),

Therefore, you need to attempt to keep the stations quite far apart (so they don't blow each other up, also you don't want to have a 50Km wide sector with stations all clumped around the middle 15Km. Also, I just checked the code, and stations can only appear up to 40Km from the centre of the sector. If anyone knows a way to check the size of the sector please let me know as I must have missed it.

Second point
How many should appear? 1 every hour on the hour? How many stations should the sector fill up with? How long would it take GoD to fill an empty sector with stations? How many would it place in the sector?
Since there is no right or wrong answer (feel free to present one with evidence if you have one), I decided for the sake of immersion, to simply make it random. I have heard a few complaints about the stations spawning too quickly, but in my mind a sector that has recently been devastated and conquered, would not be the ideal place to set up business.
However it is random (to an extent), stations can spawn very quickly, or very slowly, or indeed not at all.

Now both these factors can be altered, however, I am reluctant to change the values without due reason or alternative values. If someone can convince me that another solution is better I will happily implement it.

I could make custom versions with these variables tweaked, but to be honest it's a lot of work to maintain different versions, and progress on this script has been slow of late as it is (though hopefully more updates to come soon).

Thanks for your support. If my reply sounded abrupt, it wasn't meant to be, just discussing the logic. Please feel free to come back to me on any of these points. :D
Nirwin
------

Madeiner

Post by Madeiner » Wed, 20. Feb 08, 02:33

Is there a way to modify the credits payed for stations in claimed sector?

I would like to pump up the values, as to make "universe conquering" a profitable thing :)

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 20. Feb 08, 11:53

Madeiner wrote:Is there a way to modify the credits payed for stations in claimed sector?

I would like to pump up the values, as to make "universe conquering" a profitable thing :)
Yes there is, by modifying the script itself. I believe the script that needs to be modified (can't look at the moment) is SectorTakeover.Tax
In that script, a value will be determined based on the class of the station in question, just edit the values for the specific classes.

(edit - corrected script name)
Nirwin
------

Madeiner

Post by Madeiner » Wed, 20. Feb 08, 16:55

Thank you :)

kuunlb

Post by kuunlb » Wed, 20. Feb 08, 22:08

heya..

im running the sector takeover script... X3 2.5 XTM .7

now i have claimed savage spur sucessfully.. and am quite content..

however..

i just purchased Avarice (feckin 840mils!!!)

now.. supposedly.. the system becomes mine.. but in the sector view.. it still shows as "unknown" in the bottom lefthand corner..

it doesn't do this in Savage Spur...

maybe a script conflict?

thanks

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 20. Feb 08, 22:17

Having never purchased Averice, I have no idea what generally happens. I am however fairly confident that this script does not interfere with that process at all.

Setting the owner to the name of the player is something this script does, whether the sector auction does the same or not I can not say.

Perhaps clarify what happens when you purchase Averice in the "X Universe" forum.

Good luck. And if it turns out this is unusual behaviour please let me know, and I will look into it.
Nirwin
------

kuunlb

Post by kuunlb » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 03:51

nirwin wrote:Having never purchased Averice, I have no idea what generally happens. I am however fairly confident that this script does not interfere with that process at all.

Setting the owner to the name of the player is something this script does, whether the sector auction does the same or not I can not say.

Perhaps clarify what happens when you purchase Averice in the "X Universe" forum.

Good luck. And if it turns out this is unusual behaviour please let me know, and I will look into it.
it's not a major issue.. by all means the sector appears to be mine same as Savage Spur.. it's just not labeled the same.. and seeing as i was given control of a teladi trading station in the process.. i was worried it might be causing a problem..

will keep you updated if i find a solution

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 12:37

I had a look at your other thread, and I think lyth is correct, if you try docking at the trading station, I believe all should be well.

(edit: posters name)
Nirwin
------

LordArconius
x3

Post by LordArconius » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 16:35

Hello all

Im having a problem with sector takeover. Im trying to takeover pirate sectors. I turned them to foe, jump in kill all the pirate ships, they have no pirate stations, jump in LT with trade station, build it, and nothing happens. It never be comes my sector. I can use the cheat to change the sector to me.

Where Im at with the software, addons, updates.
Clean install of x3 updated to 2.0.02
Sector Takeover 2.4.3
Xtended 7.2

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 09:02

LordArconius wrote:Hello all

Im having a problem with sector takeover. Im trying to takeover pirate sectors. I turned them to foe, jump in kill all the pirate ships, they have no pirate stations, jump in LT with trade station, build it, and nothing happens. It never be comes my sector. I can use the cheat to change the sector to me.

Where Im at with the software, addons, updates.
Clean install of x3 updated to 2.0.02
Sector Takeover 2.4.3
Xtended 7.2
Did you transmit your Friend/Foe settings to all reachable properties? have you explored the sector extensively and confirmed there are no pirate Stations? Have you waited a minute or two? Are you in the sector you are trying to claim? Is Kingdom End owned by you?
Nirwin
------

Stahn Aileron
x3tc

Post by Stahn Aileron » Wed, 27. Feb 08, 19:59

I unfortunately haven't had time or patience to read all the page in this thread, but from some of the stuff I did from skipping around:

I notice some people have qualms about the NPC spawn rate in their owned sectors.

Anyone think of adding a BBS script that can advertise a real-estae agent in Race sectors that, for a price, will scout possible clients that will build a station in a player own sector?

Something like this could alleviate some player feelings of lack of NPC station spawning.

The scouting fee can be base on say:

a) Quality of Client (limits the station type they build): Low (Raw Resources), Medium (Food/Tech), or High (Equipment)

b) Time since sector takeover (as mentioned, clients will be wary of building a station in sectors that just went through a battle and changed hands.)

This way, for players who want an economy to feed/build up faster in their territory, they have to invest something into it.

Oh, and if you implement per sector custom tax rate (or a general custom tax rate), Scouting fees can go up accordingly proportional to the Tax so player can't just get rich quick from station taxes.

EXAMPLE:

I just take over say a Xenon sector.

I stop by a Teladi sector not long afterwards and check the BBS. Ad for a Real-Estate agent pops up, asking if I would like them to advertise and scout a client for me. Being a Teladi sector BBS, it will be a Teldai Client, and therefore a Teladi station I will wind up scouting.

I agree and select a Client grade/type I'd like to get. Either generic grade (Low, Mid, High), or station ware type (Foods, Raw Materials, process materials, Tech, Equipment, etc.). I pay my scouting fee. (If wanted, a PERCENTAGE to find client routine can be done, based on client type and time since takeover. If client can't be found, some credits are returned. The rest was a non-refundable deposit/finders fee or something.) Also, a Elite level can be used for trying to scout NPC COMPLEXES. (More functioanlity/products with less stations...And admit it, NPC Complexes are sexy compared to most rat-nest Player Complexes.)

From the above, say I take on an Elite level Client, hoping to get say...A PPC Complex. It'd cost me a few million to scout, since the factory will be expensive and the time since takeover is fairly short. (Say...25 million for testing purposes here, more if I had Taxes on/set high).

They take the cash and tell me they'll message me when they find someone.

Time rols on, I get a reply: Someone would like to build a Special Weapons Complex. I decline, having hoped for a PPC Complex. Agent asks if I'd like to search for another, since they couldn't find one I wanted, but with an additional reduced fee of say 5 Million. (30 Million total scouting fee now.) Sure.

More Gime: Yay! PPC Complex offer. I take it. Contract with Agent is closed. Station is built within say an hour or so of Contract completion.

And during this time, I could have started a Paranid, Boron, etc. contract also to build up the economy.

END EXAMPLE.

Oh, another option for a script like this:

Flat rate Agent fee for scouting, based on client type. Client will offer a list of sector he's willing to build his station in, if you own more than one, and final Agent fee is based on which sector you agree to have him build the staion in.

Anyway, just my thoughts for increasing NPC Sector spawn rate at a semi-player controlled level while trying to keep it fair/realistic.

Dunno how feasible this would be, but if anyone cares to try...I mean, how many other thnings can we do with the BBS? Might as well exploit the system and make it worthwhile as XTM has. (Vanilla BBS was...eh...We all know it...)

Anyone wants more details regarding this idea, lemme know. I'm no scriptor, but I can try to lay out the overall idea and options better if asked. Then again, you can just use your own spin on this, right? :) :P :roll:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”