[SHIPS] My Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

matvey kondratev
x3tc

Post by matvey kondratev » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 22:16

PROBLEMMA usspatonn and usspatonn2 do not shoot the weapon that me to do?

ehtschu
x4

problem

Post by ehtschu » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 18:55

i have no McCallister skin or other things.
nothing.
only 2 weapons in air otherwise is nothing.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 20:43

have u tryed installing the ship again ?

reinstalling over the top of the existing one without uninstalling first

ehtschu
x4

Post by ehtschu » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 21:09

yes, I already tried that.

ehtschu
x4

Post by ehtschu » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 21:12

actually already everything has tried which me broke in.
even a complete unistallation. and installs again again and again.

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 04:59

hmm....well i dont know if cyrow updated his ship installer...its been a long time since i made the ships...

it needs to put all the texture in the right place...and all the models in the right place....

also the turret stuff mentioned in the first post will need to be done...if not then even if the turrets show up they wont work right...

note: McCallister has more than two turrets...

the textures should all be .dds files and all in the root of the dds folder
cant remember exactly where the model should be....but i do remember that its a sub folder objects/ships...either objects/ships/others/beav or objects/beav/quake4ships...dont remember which version is available for download still....

note2: as ships go McCallister is one of the suckier ones...i recommend the Hannibal or the Grant (Grant is 2 Giant turrets on a small ship)...hannibal is just plain badass

there could be another problem with the textures themselves...i thought i had solved that problem....but the problem wouldn't make the ship completly disapear so i dont think its that

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Fri, 26. Oct 07, 02:01

I was going to come online to ask why my Mcallister's turrets wont shoot. But I have read things a bit more thoroughly this time, like I should have done before, and I have figured out what I was missing.

It sure was overpowered though. :o Even though you say its the 'sucky one'. I like the way it looks. :P
Nice work!
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Starscream99
x3

Post by Starscream99 » Wed, 7. Nov 07, 21:54

love the uss paton and paton 2 esp the black hulls. Now i have my shadow fleet for pirate hunting if this is a bug i act like it. cheers and keep up the good work
To dream is to think. To think is to create. To create is to build. To build is to dream. The future is with us all.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Wed, 7. Nov 07, 22:39

I noticed a small glitch... not sure if it is because I have XTM installed or not. When I instelled the Leviathan Dreadnaught, I found that it sells for (about) -1,900,000,000...

Not complainging about the steep price... in fact, if you buy it, it gives you that money, not take it!!! It's in all docks that it is availible in at that price.

Easy money maker but not into that. :P

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing it. Same thing. Also, once it was installed, I've noticed my capital ships no longer dock at argon ship yards. they just drift around space saying they are going to dock there.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 05:33

ya....it supposed to be a positive number (its positive here)....aka almost the entire player accounts worth of cash...as to the docking problem...well...not sure but is leviathan in sector...it is one big mother of a ship and might be blocking things....not sure though

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 05:37

MJALowe wrote:ya....it supposed to be a positive number (its positive here)....aka almost the entire player accounts worth of cash...as to the docking problem...well...not sure but is leviathan in sector...it is one big mother of a ship and might be blocking things....not sure though
No, this started after installing the leviathan script, but going to un-install it tonight to see if it fixes the problem with the docking situation. It's starting to sound like an XTM problem for that one.

KRM398
xr

hi, tryed one of your ships..

Post by KRM398 » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 14:31

I have a character thats a merc/hunter so I was looking for a carrier for him, somthing not to huge. So I downloaded your Patton, nice ship but your right you like to over due it a bit..lol. I was surprised first to see it costs NOTHING, in fact I got 1.4 billiob for using it, completely screwed up my RP..but I gave it a shot cause I liked it. The first thing I'll say is..(Dont get upset,please) it flys so easy you forget its a carrier, I actually used it to shoot fighters, the turrets dont work at all, tryed 5 different types of guns, and two commands (Protect ship and attack enemies) I took it into a pirate sector for a try out and only the shields saved me. The turretts never fired once, and the pirates seemed to like the look of it, they flew up and down around it and unless I fired at them and hit them with the nose guns, they never shot at it. I hit several with small missiles to start a fight, but nope..lol. Its also way too fast..remember its a carrier, and its running faster than an m3..novas couldnt even catch it, and medium fighter might not either. My suggestion is..Price: 30 million at shipyards, I'd pay that if everything worked, Max speed 100-120..tops, less responcive turning, it thinks its a M6..lol and of course I'll buy one (no freebees or free money) when the turrets all work for defence, thanks a lot good quality ship, good idea, needs work, hehehe :roll:

Starscream99
x3

Post by Starscream99 » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 14:55

if you got the ship xsp from the xsp site the turrents works for a link to the site it is on page 4 of this topic in blackys sig
To dream is to think. To think is to create. To create is to build. To build is to dream. The future is with us all.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 18:01

Just an update on the laviathan issue...
  • I uninstalled the script completely
    found I could now dock with the argon repair dock in Elina's Fortune (same station type as argon shipyard)
    Flew to argon prime to find I still had the docking issue
    Flew to siezewell and found can't dock there at the taladi shipyard now also...
I'm convinced it isn't laviathin... granted that money issue needs fixing :lol:

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 21:10

After spending the afternoon learning new things about ships. I started with the Talon pirate TL and created a Talon LC (light carier) and put it in game, I'll check it out first, but thanks for info, might go back to it and change the specs myself from the new fils later.

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 04:32

if you read the entire first page...the turret problem is caused by the ship needing the turret entries in the components.txt file....not easy to do...and ya, blacky has a fixed version...but i dont really know how the fixed ones are working (every time i tried to do what blacky did i got the result that i could install one of the ships but there were "malfunctions" if more were installed)...as for the cash....well most of these ships do need balancing, numbers aren't supposed to be negative.....if it gave you 1.4b it was probably supposed to cost 1.4b

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 10:57

ty for your responce, well I can see that your right , the numbers need balanceing, as well as rethought,(for give me) I have played X from the first game and I dont believe any ship has ever cost a billion. In our planets future, I wouldnt doubt it, but the X universe isnt here (thank god) so maybe if we are building them and shiping them there....but then with a ship like Argon One costing maybe 65 million... I.d see a few setting on the ship lot till recalled. Its a nice ship, but the few things I mentioned would bring it into line with the X game. (slower turning, slower speed, and lower price) Not trying to upset you, its just the way I see it, Good job modeling, BTW and good luck with it.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 18:41

Sorry to disturb, MJ...

I downloaded the USS Patton and USS Patton 2 from XSP Database. Very beautiful, but I have some texture issues... Is it normal?

:(

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Thu, 15. Nov 07, 06:48

depends on the texture issuse....i had several durring testing that i thought i had solved...one was the ship looking like it surface was a sun or something like that...it "glowed" all over....if thats going on then something has gone wrong with the textures themselves....if it certain areas near the decal textures then ya...thats "normal" all decal textures can be removed just fine...ship just wont have a name plate or logo and such on em....if its something else go ahead and post a pic of it with a discription of what seems wrong....i personally prefer imageshack for image posting (as noticed on the first page)

also i highly recommend that any ship be rebalanced to be more inline with other ships that you may have....most if not all my ships i simply may equal in all areas to all the ships in thier "class"...aka if an m2 has a weapon the patton 2 will also have it, the stats like speed and manuverabity are probably better than anything in thier class

balancing is not one of my key abilities...i always wind up overpowering everything

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Thu, 15. Nov 07, 12:49

Yes, the graphic issues are those you described.

I don't know how to eliminate the "Patton" decal (is it possible via manual editing of .bod and .bob files?), but the real problem is the other one.

Is there a way to fix it?

As for the rebalance, yes... I noticed those ships are "a little" more powerful than vanilla ones...

:lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”