[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cboath
x3tc

Cycrows SPK Explorer linked from within the Installing XTended 0.7 PDF

Post by cboath » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 12:48

I think i need to refer to a dozen or different screens/items to describe the steps i have taken to reach the impasse i am at.

I have downloaded the XTM .7a mod, scripts and the manual from this page http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=181941.

I downloaded Cycrows installer from the link within the Installing Xtended 0.7 pdf manual.

Nevermind as i figured it out. It isnt exactly how the Installing XTended 0.7 manual says how to do it. I am actually going to uninstall it and reinstall as i think the directions are 50% wrong but as i just looked at it again and cant remember everything 100% i will look at it again later instead of making a complete fool out of myself.

Signing off,
Long time member (X beyond the frontier) my first post i think

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 16:28

Hi, Im having some problem with the missiles in game: they show as containers instead of missiles.
I did a fresh reinstall, copied some of my scripts, no mods installed...
What can be wrong here? What can I do to solve it?
Apparently thats the only thing wrong in the game...

thx for any help
Mai ingrish iz gud?

martyn38
x3

xtended - is it working properly?

Post by martyn38 » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 18:39

my question is this, i downloaded the xtended add on as soon as i started and the review said there are 90 new systems including the terran system.
could anybody please tell me where the new systems start as i cannot seem to find them. when i downloaded the xtension pack i carried on with a save game from the normal game. all the ships engine trails, different station designs, even the loading screens etc are there. i just dont know if i have found any of the new sectors.

please help, just need to know if the mod is working properly.

cheers
I THINK THEREFORE I CANT BE BOTHERED ...

Unserene
x4

Re: xtended - is it working properly?

Post by Unserene » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 19:54

martyn38 wrote:my question is this, i downloaded the xtended add on as soon as i started and the review said there are 90 new systems including the terran system.
could anybody please tell me where the new systems start as i cannot seem to find them. when i downloaded the xtension pack i carried on with a save game from the normal game. all the ships engine trails, different station designs, even the loading screens etc are there. i just dont know if i have found any of the new sectors.

please help, just need to know if the mod is working properly.

cheers
In order to get the new sectors you have to start a new game. There is no way around this.
To use search?
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

martyn38
x3

xtm 7a problems?

Post by martyn38 » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 02:38

i recently found out that the reason i could not access a lot of the xtm data, new systems etc was because i am currently playing a vanilla save game. so i decided to start again using one of the new starting points. but when i go to new game/custom options all i get is the xuniverse option. the other new starting points are not available. is there a way round this?

makes me want to go back to my original saved game and the millions of credits i have there.

any help much appreciated.

avicenna
x3tc

Post by avicenna » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 03:28

martyn38:

Reinstall the XTM 0.7.2 spk file with cycrow's installer.

There is some sort of weird interaction that takes place with Cycrow's script installer where it deletes the custom start map files for XTM every time it's started. The simple solution is everytime you use the script installer reinstall the XTM 0.7.2 spk file before closing.

Alternatively, just reinstall it before starting a custom game. Loss of the custom game map files does not effect save game.

I am not sure whether the new version of Cycrow's installer has solved the XTM map file deletion problem.
"A man may imagine things that are false,
but he can only understand things that are true."

Sir Isaac Newton

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 03:44

avicenna wrote:I am not sure whether the new version of Cycrow's installer has solved the XTM map file deletion problem.
it should be fixed in the latest version.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Systems Override Software doesn't work?

Post by Damar Stiehl » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 04:41

Need some help.

I am running XTM with the latest patch, LV's cheat script package, latest bonus pack and an XTM-compatible backgrounds mod.

Recently I finally got around to buying Systems Override Software from the pirates, and tried to use it to claim the free Nova in the unknown sector near Maelstrom. The software is definitely installed (shows up in my list of extensions), but I have no Piracey menu and I cannot define the Hotkey in setup.

Help?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 07:41

System Override Software is the vanilla claimiing software--you hit I and select Claim to use it. You're thinking of Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software (previously SOS Mk II), which you apparently don't have installed.

freakye
x3

Bala Gi missons not starting

Post by freakye » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 11:25

I am playing as the XTM Economic Enthusiest. I have XTM and Ashleys XXL factorys installed. I have played 1 day 19 hours and have about 138 million credits. I own two L power plants, two silicon mines, and one ore mine. I have a police licence with all four races so I think that qualifies as being in good standing. With the boron I am Queens Knight. I have checked all my messages multiple times. I even visited the ship yard in Kingdoms End and still nothing. I uninstalled the mods. Downloaded the patch 1.0 to 2.0.2, then reloaded the Bonus pack. Then reinstalled the mods and still nothing. I have done Bala Gi's missions in the vinella game. Am I missing something? I there some way to kick start the Bala Gi missions at this point. I would be very happy for any help you can offer.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 12:01

If its a XTM-custom start then the Bala Gi Missions wont start at all. Sorry.

MightyTiger
x3ap

Post by MightyTiger » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 12:29

If you started your game in 0.7.2 then you can purchase the Bala Gi ships and HQ from shipyards.
If you started it in 0.7.1 then you can use this script to add them in.
I don't apologise for anything! I'm sorry, but thats the way I am.

freakye
x3

Post by freakye » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 12:54

Thanks for the help. I have found the hyperion in a ship yard in paranid prime. But I cant find the player headquarters. Is it called something different. I saw a complex warehouse XL in omecron lyre.

Iffy

Post by Iffy » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 05:34

Ok I've finally got this running on my Imac 20inch.

Trouble is, when opening the universe map then crashes to destop every time. Is there a fix for this?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 07:51

Iffy wrote:Ok I've finally got this running on my Imac 20inch.

Trouble is, when opening the universe map then crashes to destop every time. Is there a fix for this?
Since this doesn't happen on the PC version you may be out of luck. Either you haven't got the mod installed properly, even though you think you have, or the extra sectors in XTM are revealing a bug in the Mac version of the game. If it's the latter you'd need to talk to the Mac developers, Virtual Programming, for an answer, and of course they are under no obligation to support third-party mods...

Iffy

Post by Iffy » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 08:40

Ok, thanks anyway.
It'd be nice to get a guide together for running XTM on the mac version. I guess it's something I'll have to ask the mod team themselves.
And seeing as x3 on the mac is the same .exe as the PC version, just run through cider, i'd imagine it's an osx problem. :cry:

levvol
x2

extended

Post by levvol » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 20:59

how do i know if 0.7 has installed correctly it locks no different.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 21:28

This should have been asked for in the xtended forum here

[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT]

You will probably get better results looking there. But , I believe that the MOD informs you when it has installed correctly with a popup window.
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Captain Capper
x3

How to get to the Dyson Sphere

Post by Captain Capper » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 22:16

I'm trying to get to the Dyson Sphere through Unknown Sector then Memorial of Light but I can't find the North gate in the unknown sector. Could someone post the co-ordinates please?

p.s. I've delivered the Plutonium etc so just need to find the Sphere.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Lots of Novas

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 22:30

The equipment dock in Farnhams legend seems to own an awful lot of Nova's all piloted by unknown object.

At the last count there were over 60 of them.........

This seems like a bug of some kind....

Cheers ZB
Last edited by ZaphodBeeblebrox on Fri, 17. Aug 07, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”