[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Adlantis
x4

Re: Utter Computer biff needs help installing XTM 7a

Post by Adlantis » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 21:00

Gareth_P wrote:Downloaded the 337Mb XTM.7a mod from the main forum
unpacked in with WinRAR to give me a folder of around 1Gb entitled XTM 7a.

opened Cycrows script manager and enabled the Xtended Mod scripts 0.71 file that was also downloaded off of the community forum as per the XTM 0.7 instruction manual.

Went to enable the 1Gb mod file (i.e. the WinRAR unpacked file) and I'm not finding anything in there that I can open.

Sorry to be a complete noob, but has anyone got a solution?
the core mod -> this is a .rar file, which should be extracted to the main x3 directory (this should add cat/dat 10 and lots of files in the soundtrack folder)
size = 337MB
Weh mir Frevler, dass ich schoss
den Schicksalsvogel Albatros!
Dreimal wehe, dass ich traf!
Dafür trifft mich des Schicksals Straf’!

Gareth_P
x3

Post by Gareth_P » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 21:36

done that bit,

extracted and replaced the files into the respective areas in the original X3 position, including over writing some sound files.

load X3, click on New Game, Custom game, X-universe

Start game, I am in a cockpit in what appears to be an Argon Buster.

with a message from the Mod team requesting that I transfer cat./dat. and some other stuff.

ends up with the message to quit, and restart

EDIT

sorted it I think, I'd copied 10 into the wrong place, i.e. not the mod file

many thanks

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 04:09

The following links are dead on the OP :

M7 - Frigate:

Terran Aegir
Xenon Q

Shipyards:

Paranid Shipyard
Teladi Shipyard

Guess I will have to load X3 to see what they look like...

froggyboy
x3tc

The worst XTM start

Post by froggyboy » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 17:13

Decided to start a second BA game. X3 with XTM .7.
Here is what this game looks like.
The game spawns me, sends me the welcome message and instantly I see the Argon Trading Station start flashing red. I head to it thinking some pirates are attacking it and I can get a few kills within the first minute or so of the game. As I close to scanner range, it's a shivan dragon and 2 Q patrols beating on the station.
I head to south gate quickly and a P patrol comes through gate. I'm now running to HF gate now and make it through the gate. I see a few ships but no pirates, so I head to the north gate. A Q patrol comes through gate but doesn't see me yet when 2 Kha'ak destroyers, corvette, and 9 cluster jump in. I make it to the north gate.
I head into Company Pride and see cargo everywhere and an unkown ship dead center of sector blasting everything and not a single station is alive.
I head to akeela's beacon dodging these nasties in the other sectors. Xenon Q in that sector. Head to the new sectors and head to the Argon sector above PTNI, Mont something. I see the Otas ship that gives a quest that tells you where his base is. As I get in scanner range and he gives me the 'help me' quest, the station I need to dock at explodes. 4 pirate capital ships and a bunch of pirates head for me.
So I have a Mamba with 2 AHEPT and 25 mj shield and I'm supposed to do what exactly against this spawn setup.
Every sector but 3 have a Xenon Q in it, almost all pirates are in 1 Argon core sector, not a single TL is alive in this game, multiple P patrols in a few key sectors, Shivan dragons hanging out in a vital choke point, 2 unknown ships; 1 in company pride and 1 in unkown sector below maelstrom.
And this is supposed to be doable, how?
I love the mod but this is insane that it is now unplayable.
Someone didn't QA their stuff very well.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 17:37

did you try posting this on the XTM forum? or in the XTM thread, where the XTM devs look for feedback?

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:27

Lucky git.
This is the kind of stuff I would kill for!!
Pushing UT's about the Universe was getting a little dull, now with XTM we REALLY do have to think.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:37

This is the kind of stuff I would kill for!!
Definitely. Sounds like fun!

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:37

Somethings not quite right... I play XTM and I have difficulties just finding a fight (Pirate/Xenon sectors are sure dangerous, but thats it)...

One thing I highly recommend, though, is getting RRF Redux 4.
Dimensional Navigator Nanaki, Terran Empire

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:58

just do the HQ mission with XTM you have lots of later on! :evil: :evil:

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 19:03

froggyboy wrote:Every sector but 3 have a Xenon Q in it, almost all pirates are in 1 Argon core sector, not a single TL is alive in this game, multiple P patrols in a few key sectors, Shivan dragons hanging out in a vital choke point, 2 unknown ships; 1 in company pride and 1 in unkown sector below
when you say that every sector has a Q in it, how many sectors are you talking about? coz if you have explored jsut 6-7 sectors i believe you, but if you say that that you have explored 20-30 sectors, then you either have one of the best bugs around, or you are making this up(post screenies)
the part with 3-4 capitals come either from having RRF beta 3, or by being EXTREMELY lucky
about the TL's,... there are roughly 25 TL's in the game, 5 for each race, its impossible for them to simply vanish, even if you have such an invasion
P patrols can happen quite often
the mamba from BA is well equiped to take down a dragon
and you cant have 2 unknown ships, because there can only be 1 at a time, and this i know for sure
The answer is just another question.

froggyboy
x3tc

Post by froggyboy » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:24

I have most of the argon, teladi, and split sectors opened. I just started this BA run last night. I can't really go into boron and paranid core sectors yet.
And I do have 2 unknown ships in this run. I dock at Siezewell and get the BBS warning of an unknown ship in company pride. I jump to merchant haven and get a BBS warning of unknown ship in unknown sector and its in the unknown sector below maelstrom.
I have 2 seperate BAs saved. The other one I can go get the yatch but I don't have the resources yet to get it out to the shipyard yet.
As for the Q's. 1 in the spawn sector for BA start, 2 in hatikvah's faith, 1 in akeela's beacon, 1 in the sector above hatikvah, 2 patrolling between omnicon and the sector to the west, 1 in two worlds, 1 in PTNI, I even have 1 in home of light. 1 in menaluas, 3 Q pats flying between the 2 xenon sectors above ocean's of fantasy; ghinn's escape and the one east of it. As well as multiple P pats.
I have 3 KM destroyers hanging out in hatikvah's.
My other BA game is more evenly spaced out.
This BA I feel like I was given a fly swatter and a frisbee as a shield to go take care of a hive of killer bees.
This was the spawn setup for this BA. I have 4 hours real time on this start.
And I watched as a Q came into a sector that had 3 TLs. It was solo, no guards. It headed straight for the TLs and killed them, go back through the gate. I followed it through the gate and it wasn't on the otherside.
I have also seen the Qs just despawn.
I had one chasing and firing at me, then poof, no more Q. No objects, rocks, or other ships around. I may have gotten a buggy start but talk about a thrill ride from the start.

Aiston
x3

The terrans

Post by Aiston » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:44

just a quick question, will i ever be able to go into there space ?? without getting shot to shit... I am using the XTM mod btw

They have also came in to heretics end, and are destroying EVERYTHING they see...

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:50

it is possible, but don't ask me how

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:52

I see a move in your future. To the S&M Forum, joining every other thread about XTM. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Coventchronicle

Post by Coventchronicle » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:55

Have you enabled the "Add Terrans to Non-Plot Game" option
in gameplay - artificial life plugins?

EDIT:
Nanook wrote:I see a move in your future. To the S&M Forum, joining every other thread about XTM.
You've been watching "Harry Potter" too much, Trelawney
Last edited by Coventchronicle on Wed, 25. Jul 07, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Aiston
x3

Post by Aiston » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:57

yeh covent, everything on :)

last time i attack about 50 terran ships with my falcon sentinel :P

Coventchronicle

Post by Coventchronicle » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 21:11

Hm... haven't got that problem in mine..., I can go to Terrans sectors once I've enabled that....

Maybe you should check the XTM forum, they have more detailed and precise explanation about this (since this is a XTM prob.)

Gareth_P
x3

Post by Gareth_P » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 00:13

I've been playing the Mod for around 24hrs now, and have noted the gorgeous graphics, the wealth of new ships, Shivan dragons and pretty new Kha'ak ships (amongst others)

However I have also spotted places selling Marines and Cyborgs and new weapon systems etc etc.

Is there a manual for all of these new features and what they do?

Please don't flame me if this is the most asked question ever, I've tried looking on here and the X Universe forum but with nearly 8000 posts in this thread alone can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 00:39

Gareth_P wrote:I've been playing the Mod for around 24hrs now, and have noted the gorgeous graphics, the wealth of new ships, Shivan dragons and pretty new Kha'ak ships (amongst others)

However I have also spotted places selling Marines and Cyborgs and new weapon systems etc etc.

Is there a manual for all of these new features and what they do?

Please don't flame me if this is the most asked question ever, I've tried looking on here and the X Universe forum but with nearly 8000 posts in this thread alone can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks
The FAQs are over on the XTM Forums. But just for reference, I think it's fare to say that most of the new wares/weapon systems are for cap ships. Machine Shop repairs ships, Missle Factory either produces coventional missles so you do have to buy and trasnoport them to the cap OR is the way to produce more missles for the Paranid Heavy Missle Gun ship. Can't really remember off hand.....

Greedy_Bastard
x3

Post by Greedy_Bastard » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 05:55

Bug or Feature: i found a map that gave the names of the sectors and i used a cheat script 2 explore the entire universe and i noticed that many of the new sectors were un-named and were just blank, however the map that i got has names 4 these sectors. This makes it hard, by hard i meaning imposible :P , 2 identify sectors that i must go 2.

however i must say that the ships are breathtaking, especially the pirate carrack(pun intended :roll: ), and combined with a few usefull scripts results in a very enjoyable experience.

and a dumb question: how do u start the plot(s) that iv read about.
I bet you $25 that im greedier than you and ill prove it to you in 5 languages:
English: I love Money
Spanish: Amo el dinero
French: J'aime l'argent
German: Ich liebe Geld
Russian: Я люблю деньг
Now you owe me $25

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”