[SCRIPT] x0ne Turret Control System (TCS) 1.02 [UPDATED 31/12/2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 17:50

LUBEggA wrote:Don't put too much effort into this, perhaps it was just me and my clumsy fingers :)
Quite possibly (not found any issues myself).

LUBEggA wrote:Well the BPPCs work fine now most of the time... just yesterday I had a strange behavior where no BPPCs were used regardless of capture mode. But after a while it was ok again... Not very specific, I know, that makes it really difficult to test. Perhaps we should wait and see whether other users have similar problems, perhaps it is just something with my X-installation.
I will send you the code ASAP, but mind you, I didn't change anything!
I'd wait for version 1.02, I'm pretty sure this intermittent issue is due to the PPC specs changing from vanilla to XTM, and I can confirm you've not changed anything in dat.weapons. 1.02 has no issues like you've mentioned with PPCs (tested on a Reaver with full loadout too).

LUBEggA wrote:You should put it (info on Capture Mode) into the manual, that's a good idea.

BUT: Do not disable it! It's the only way to capture big targets without destroying them completely with PPC fire. Just think about the HCF-technology or BailSignalExtension by voxol, they would be useless!
Good news, I'd already come to this conclusion myself!

LUBEggA wrote:
xOne wrote:Yeah like with X2 AEGIS? It's something I've been thinking about, but I'd like to get 1.02 out in its current state first before making any major changes - I think you would too, yes? :D
Defintely!
This idea is somewhat redundant now as I've already added (to 1.02) a method of turning the turrets while maintaining the max. rate of fire for any weapon. It's a compromise solution that doesn't involve too much extra processing, and I think most people will be happy with the results.

EDIT: Sorry, got a bit confused there, that was something I was discussing in another thread! :roll:
Last edited by x0ne on Sun, 15. Jul 07, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 18:06

asyikarea51 wrote:EDIT: Ah-hah, got it. Ware is in ship, that part is okay. But the wares don't show up in the Argon and Split EQ docks, and docking at the station is fruitless - ware doesn't show up on the trade lists. Something I did wrong somewhere? :? :)
I'm not sure what you've done, but this is exactly why I asked you to check the EQ docks! :wink:

It's as if the setup script isn't running for some reason, please check the following:

1. There were two .spk files in the .zip that you downloaded. One is the uninstaller (it has "uninstaller" in the title and filename, and is not supposed to be installed at the same time as the main plugin .spk. If you've installed both, remove the uninstaller from XScript Manager. If not, skip ahead to step 2.

2. At the end of the readme there's a list of "Files in This Release". Can you let me know if any of these are missing from your Scripts folder (some of them will be missing from this folder, I just need to know which ones).

That's all for the moment really, just get this info to me and we'll take it from there.

asyikarea51
x4

Post by asyikarea51 » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 17:06

Sorry I took so long, but here's the list of scripts that I found in my directory. (Don't worry, I know what the uninstall SPK's for and the script's not in my folder, so that part is okay.)

Code: Select all

(t) 447400.xml
setup.x0ne.TCS.xml
x0ne.lib.null.xml
x0ne.lib.waredist.xml
x0ne.lib.ware.setup.xml
x0ne.lib.ware.stock.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.attack.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.attack.noswap.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.capturemode.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.energyreserve.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.FFRS.ships.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.FFPS.wares.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.masterswitch.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.MDonly.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.missiledefence.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.protect.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.protect.noswap.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.rescan.xml
x0ne.TCS.cmd.dat.blastradius.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.CUSTOM.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.Fighter.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.M1.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.M2.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.M6.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.M7.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.TL.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.TP.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.priority.TS.xml
x0ne.TCS.dat.weapons.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.armturret.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.bigtargets.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.checklasers.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.energy.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.FFRS.scan.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.managelocal.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.missile.check.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.missile.threat.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.search.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.setlocal.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.setranges.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.switchlasers.xml
x0ne.TCS.func.targeting.xml
x0ne.TCS.restart.xml
x0ne.TCS.task.monitor.xml
x0ne.TCS.vendors.xml
Oddly enough, I checked the readme, and that's all the files on the list. Stumped...

kamikazepenguin
x3

Post by kamikazepenguin » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 10:32

Would it be possible to have a command that equips every turret in a given battery with a weapon that you select out of a ware list, assuming your ship has sufficient amounts of that weapon in its cargo hold? On some ships I prefer to use the No-Swap, and it's a hassle to manually switch in each gun on a 72 gun ship, especially if you're using a Terran ship with Terran weapons.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 12:45

Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 18:55

asyikarea51 wrote:Sorry I took so long, but here's the list of scripts that I found in my directory. (Don't worry, I know what the uninstall SPK's for and the script's not in my folder, so that part is okay.)

Code: Select all

<snip>
Oddly enough, I checked the readme, and that's all the files on the list. Stumped...
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been ill these past couple of days :cry:

Ok the scripts check out, the only ones 'missing' are the uninstaller files and they shouldn't be there anyway. I'm starting to think you've got an issue with either Custom Wares, a corrput .spk, or a corrupt X3 install... but let's start with the basics first. A few questions/tasks for you (some are more advanced than others, but I'm guessing from what you've told me already you'll know what I'm talking about :wink:):

1. What version of X3 are you running?
2. What version of the Plugin Manager have you installed?
3. Are you using the latest version of the plugin (1.01)?
4. What messages has the plugin written to the player log?
5. Are the plugin hotkeys listed under Options | Controls | Interface | Extensions?
6. If you start a new game, is the x0ne TCS Interface for sale at the EQ docks, and does it work if you buy it?
7. When it's definitely not working and not for sale in the EQ docks, check the "Global Script Tasks" via the SE main menu. Is x0ne.lib.ware.stock running?
8. Manually run setup.x0ne.TCS from the SE (run it against "null") - does this fix anything? Any messages in the player log?
9. Are you able to open the setup script in the SE and view the code?
10. Please provide a list of all the scripts you're running that have anything to do with a ships weapons or turrets.

One final thing (and please only do this after the above steps - the information will be useful if this ever happens to somebody else), have you tried removing the plugin (if you've not saved with it running, there's no need to run the uninstaller), downloading the .spk anew, and re-installing it?

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 19:09

Yeah Bunny's script should be ok with mine, the only issue I can forsee is that if you were running my weapon switching on any turrets, both scripts will try to change the loadout if the ship goes OOS... might get messy. :lol:

I'll certainly look into adding something like this, it's a good idea, but it'll be in version 1.03 if anything. I'm enforcing a change freeze on 1.02 ATM... I want to get the damn thing released! :D

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Wed, 18. Jul 07, 08:20

Well I am satisfied with the way it is now. I personaly do not need a predefined set of weapons. But I am really looking forward the 1.02 version.

Oh and one question if I may. Yesterday I discovered that my shots from GPPCs became "invisible". They have only the blue core, but not the white surrounding. APPCS and BPCCs are fine. I do not expect it to be because of TCS, but it is still better to ask if someone has encountered this as well.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 17:40

plynak wrote:Oh and one question if I may. Yesterday I discovered that my shots from GPPCs became "invisible". They have only the blue core, but not the white surrounding. APPCS and BPCCs are fine. I do not expect it to be because of TCS, but it is still better to ask if someone has encountered this as well.
Yeah I've certainly seen this before (a lot in fact), and before I started work on the TCS too. Not sure why it happens, but when it does it looks like the game stops rendering the glow on all rounds, not just PPC.

I've seen this more in XTM actually, could be partly due to how the XTM team reduced PPC lag (i.e. changing the visible properties of PPC rounds), but that's pure speculation.

I've noticed that to view the rounds when they go 'invisible', they need to be flying right toward you... only useful if you're in a fighter though really :roll:

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:48

Ive been getting the SS_Ware_XONE_TCS_INT error last night.

I was getting some errors from a script, removed it, looked at my debug area and seeing alot of errors with this mod. One thing i noticed was the script i removed, was still tossing up errors, so i said meh and did a new install and BAM, the ss_ware* error. After a few hours of banging my head and then finnaly getting some coffee i checked my /script directory (on the new install) and i dont have the plugin.scriptmanager.getware.xml file.

Some key points. I am useing the new 2.0_rc2 of Cycrow's Plugin manager. I started playing this a few weeks ago so im on very little sleep (feels like im doing the race to 60 on WoW all over again).

My question I guess would be, is plugin.scri*.xml created by the older version of Cycrow plugin manager?

When i did a new install today, i had the base installed, bonus pack, XTM, and this and i was getting the error. Custom wares was selected on manager, and was showing this as being in it.

Ill go read over his 2.0 thread again after another cup of coffee. If 2.0 doesnt create that file anymore (if the old one created it), is there a easy way to bypass it, or wait for 1.02?

I just got the $$ to buy it, so im a bit eager to play around with it. :wink:

EDIT: Apears the 2.0 plugin manager has changed the file name plugin.scriptmanager.getware. to plugin.plugman.getware.

So thats why im getting the error of it not being there even tho it is, in a way.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 00:26

asser69 wrote:I am useing the new 2.0_rc2 of Cycrow's Plugin manager.
Hmm, as that version is still in beta, unexpected things are bound to happen. This plugin is currently unsupported when used with 2.0.

asser69 wrote:My question I guess would be, is plugin.scri*.xml created by the older version of Cycrow plugin manager?
Yes, and the plugin requires you use v1.86 for the time being.

asser69 wrote:Ill go read over his 2.0 thread again after another cup of coffee. If 2.0 doesnt create that file anymore (if the old one created it), is there a easy way to bypass it, or wait for 1.02?
Cycrow will be the best person to ask this, I'm useless - I've not even looked at v2.0 yet! :D When Cycrow releases a stable version, only then will I look at making changes to the plugin (if necessary) and repackaging it. Version 1.02 could be released before this happens though, so I can't say if it will be 2.0 compatible at this stage.

asser69 wrote:EDIT: Apears the 2.0 plugin manager has changed the file name plugin.scriptmanager.getware. to plugin.plugman.getware.

So thats why im getting the error of it not being there even tho it is, in a way.
Yep, that'll be the reason! Sorry you can't use my script ATM, but that's one of the pitfalls of being a beta tester I guess... just be thankful you're not a scripter - we never get to play the damn game! :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 01:26

when the full release willcome out, it will have the old getware script included as well so old scripts that use it will still work.

but as of yet, its still a Beta.

howfually the full release should be fairly soon, hopefully within a week.
a few new problems have sufaced that im trying to fix otherwise it would have been out already

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 08:33

x0ne wrote:
plynak wrote:Oh and one question if I may. Yesterday I discovered that my shots from GPPCs became "invisible". They have only the blue core, but not the white surrounding. APPCS and BPCCs are fine. I do not expect it to be because of TCS, but it is still better to ask if someone has encountered this as well.
Yeah I've certainly seen this before (a lot in fact), and before I started work on the TCS too. Not sure why it happens, but when it does it looks like the game stops rendering the glow on all rounds, not just PPC.

I've seen this more in XTM actually, could be partly due to how the XTM team reduced PPC lag (i.e. changing the visible properties of PPC rounds), but that's pure speculation.

I've noticed that to view the rounds when they go 'invisible', they need to be flying right toward you... only useful if you're in a fighter though really :roll:
Thank you for the information. It is really hard to evade shots you can not see. Maybe I should ask XTM team about this.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 10:31

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 15:30

Cycrow wrote:when the full release willcome out, it will have the old getware script included as well so old scripts that use it will still work.
Cheers Cycrow, that makes a lot of sense. Will there be any changes to how custom wares are handled (I'm guessing any changes will be transparent, right?)

plynak wrote:Thank you for the information. It is really hard to evade shots you can not see. Maybe I should ask XTM team about this.
Yeah, can't hurt! I'm not sure there's much they could do about it though - the missing glow happens in vanilla too (it's just less pronounced).

tatakau wrote:I guess all I need to do is find myself a M2!
No need, it runs on any ship with a turret!

tatakau wrote:This script looks delicious.
Please do not eat. :twisted:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 15:32

x0ne wrote:
Cycrow wrote:when the full release willcome out, it will have the old getware script included as well so old scripts that use it will still work.
Cheers Cycrow, that makes a lot of sense. Will there be any changes to how custom wares are handled (I'm guessing any changes will be transparent, right?)
there are a few, but none that should effect any scripts that use them

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 22:08

Well with cycrow's rc3 release, he put in the old file structure. So i tossed in tcs and loaded up, and no error message this time. Ill get out in a bit to see if everything is working fine with it.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 11:19

Well I have only installed the new 2.0 installer and directed to the X3extended directory. I alreday had TCS installed and after closing the instalelr and launching the game, there was not any error message. So I think there will not be any problem in the future.

BTW when is the TCS 1.02 ready :)

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 15:45

plynak wrote:Well I have only installed the new 2.0 installer and directed to the X3extended directory. I alreday had TCS installed and after closing the instalelr and launching the game, there was not any error message. So I think there will not be any problem in the future.

BTW when is the TCS 1.02 ready :)
That's good news, thanks for the info I've not had time to check this out for myself yet.

Version 1.02 will take a while longer yet, it's such a huge update that I should really release it as v2.0! I've just finished getting all weapons to fire at their max. RoF while still turning to face their target (which is nice), and what I'm doing now is to get the turrets firing faster by removing their weapons before they fire for the first time at a target (turrets track faster with no weapons mounted). This requires a total overhaul of the entire weapon selection/fire loop because I want to enable this for the 'No Swap' scripts too (if they remove their weapons, I need a way of reserving these so they're not snapped up by a weapon switching turret that could be running).

It's a lot of work, and once it's all done I've got the gargantuan readme to update... :roll:

Basically, don't hold your breath. :wink:

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 01:29

plynak wrote:Well I have only installed the new 2.0 installer and directed to the X3extended directory. I alreday had TCS installed and after closing the instalelr and launching the game, there was not any error message. So I think there will not be any problem in the future.
I've just done the same and I'm missing some library scripts (anything starting with "x0ne.TCS.lib") - please check and install the .spk over the top if you're missing anything.

If you're missing script files and you've saved since upgrading to X Plugin Manager 2.00, revert back to a save before the upgrade.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”