[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

frijazz
x3tc

Missing sector names

Post by frijazz » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 23:39

Im using XTM7a and scriptspackage V0.7.2 and a number of other scripts, among LV Cheats.
When I use LV's script to add sats there are some sectors without name, like Federation's End, New Frontier and Atlantia Prime.
Is this common?
I know about the "???" on the gates in some Terran sectors, but I haven't read anything about missing sector names.

herocrafter
x4

missing buttons at TerraCorps Headquarters [KNOWN BUG]

Post by herocrafter » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 23:43

I started a new game just as a check and there weren't any problems, but my saves have a weird issue of when docked at either TerraCorps Headquarters or shipyard that before the station greeting is finished all the buttons ( Personal, Com, Station, Trade ...) vanish.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled X3 and XTM. I do not have any other scripts installed, but my saves had a few: AshleysFabs XTM, Factory_Complex Constructor, fixJumpSequence, SatBasedMk3. Also, two other scripts I had but removed: race response (jtp1.5a) and ShipNamingSystemv1.25.

Any Ideas on how to get those buttons back? Think removing those scripts is the issue?

Edited title to reflect its a bug already known (only I didn't know when I posted it)
Last edited by herocrafter on Fri, 17. Aug 07, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

ouch
x3tc

Post by ouch » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 23:49

it's a bug in XTM
Please fix the AI Egosoft! I'm sick of losing ships(doesn't matter what class) when they fly into what they are attacking! This occurs even if the object is stationary and doesn't have any protrusions.(Like a pirate base) It's just sad, and it totally ruins the entire concept of the series!

Reidel
x4

XTM Installation problems

Post by Reidel » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 03:04

Ok... I've downloaded the mod package and script packages, loaded up the script packages and... I'm stuck here.

I am currently using the new ver (2.12) of Cycrow's Plugin Manager and I dont know what to do with the dat and cat files on the package...

There are similarly named files in my X3 dir and I dont wanna screw up my folder... Any suggestions on how to go about this? :?

NVM mind... I got it running.
:idea:
It seems that the 'similarly named' cat file was generated by the older version of Cyrcrows Plugin Manager (:?:). It disappeared as soon as I uninstalled the old version and refreshed the folder. >.<

Tripi123
x3tc

Post by Tripi123 » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 06:00

Hi, I'm playing XTM with all the latest patches, etc.

I' in need of a tractor beam, and the forges that used to exist in the vanilla version, aren't there any more. I thought I would work around this by buying the forge itself and make them. But I can't find them any more either. Is this a bug, or something I need to unlock in the game. BTW, I'm playing a custom start.

Thanks

sirtimothius

X3 File Not Found?!

Post by sirtimothius » Sat, 18. Aug 07, 23:14

When I run the game with XTM installed, I try to start a new game...it loads up, but then CTDs and comes up with this box:

X3 File Not Found

OK

Pretty annoying! Any ideas??

levvol
x2

extended gates and readtext names

Post by levvol » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 11:00

installed extended cant find any gates to get to new sectors and new ships dont have names just readtext numbers. there seems to be two scripts which do i install as the installer will not let me install both. cheers

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 11:06

Might be a daft point but you have installed the XTM Script pack haven't you :!: :lol:

XTM Scripts
XTM 0.7.2 Patch
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

sirtimothius

Post by sirtimothius » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 15:58

hah yes both parts installed!

my computer just doesn't seem to like XTM!

martyn38
x3

vanilla- xtm save game script.

Post by martyn38 » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 23:27

i am doing what i think is reasonably well in the vanilla gam. i have xtm installed but it isnt working properly. for example the custom starts for xtm showed up once then buggered off never to be seen again, but i ahve the xtm loading screens, ships engine trails etc. anyway, rambling now, my question is this:

is there a script to convert x3 save games to xtm? or is it being worked on. i love the game but do not want to lose what i have acheived already.
I THINK THEREFORE I CANT BE BOTHERED ...

Apollo911
x3tc

Post by Apollo911 » Sun, 19. Aug 07, 23:47

There isn't one that converts saves, but there is one that will allow you to get your empire in another save game. But I can't seem to remember the name, maybe somone else can?
[ external image ]
From the darkness you must fall
Starting to mod? Watch my ship importing tutorial here here!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 01:56

From page 1 of the XTM tech support thread: X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

avicenna
x3tc

Post by avicenna » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 03:51

martyn38 wrote:
for example the custom starts for xtm showed up once then buggered off never to be seen again,
Older versions of Cycrow's installer deletes the map files for the XTM custom games for some reason. The solution is to simply reinstall the XTM 0.7.2. spk file everytime you use the installer or upgrade the installer to the latest version which evidently does not have this problem.
"A man may imagine things that are false,
but he can only understand things that are true."

Sir Isaac Newton

moot
x3tc

XTM 0.7a loading screens

Post by moot » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 17:54

Quick question: Anyone knows how to switch from the XTM 0.7a loading screens to the default (vanilla) loading screens stored in the \loadscr\ folder?

OmegaProject
x3

XTM universe is lifeless??

Post by OmegaProject » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:16

The whole world seems to be dead, the only ship that I see are Pirates. There is no other ships compared to the Regular game. Is there a reason for this. Should i give it time for the npc's to respawn?

any help in answering this will be appreciated :)

PHOENIX_X
x3

Post by PHOENIX_X » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:19

I am not an expert on it but you probably have to unzip the cat/dat of xtm and remove the loadscr folder.I think then the game will load the originals.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:21

This will probably be shortly moved into the XTM forum page and the answer is probably there.

[XTM - GAMEPLAY]

If your experience seems dead then you have probably missed something out, or it didn't install correctly. XTM provides loads of new stuff :!:
Last edited by Kilrathi Avenger on Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

PHOENIX_X
x3

Post by PHOENIX_X » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:22

sometimes a reinstall of the mod helps to resolves problems like that. If not ask on the xtm tech thread here or on their site, they know probably better than me

by the way, mods don't really like double post just so you know. I know from experience :D

OmegaProject
x3

Post by OmegaProject » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:25

Ooops i just noticed the double post

when I ment lifeless, there are only a handful of npc in each sector in Xtm but in my "vanilla" game there are ships everywhere.

PHOENIX_X
x3

Post by PHOENIX_X » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 19:28

like i said if you try to reinstall the xtm mod and scripts that sometimes helps, Have you tried to start a new game maybe it is just a fluke. If that doesnt help go to the xtm website, they should know.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”